FINALLY!!!

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

FINALLY!!!

Post by cowsmanaut »

ok here it comes down to the line.. how long ago was it I said I'd get these done??

Anyway, the materials to do it are sitting beside me so no more poking around. I got a 50 pound bag of Hydrostone for making the casts of the wizard and picked up some polyurythane rubber for making the mold.

Once the mold is done.. it should only take about 4 hours per cast so I can do two in a day. then however long to paint them if you want them painted.

I got a few yes' answers from people who would want them.

I ask you know to please put in your orders so I can keep track of what's happening.

no paint will be $20 USD
drybrush stone or bronze $25 USD
Detail paint (meaning metals and stones etc will be put in as well as backing with flag and everything done) $30 USD

Gambit and George, you both still get a free one let me know what version you want. Paul, you too.. pay off on those changes you've so kindly made for us :)

for those who wish to buy one I've created a pay pal acount.
Everything is linked to my hotmail account. So please send me an email with address, version, and any other info you think I may need. Also the above prices include shipping.

In the subject line Put something like "wizard" or "chaos" so I know what it's about.. (I have so many filters so if I don't know what it is .. it get's deleted)

moo
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

free one let me know what version you want. Paul, you too
That's great. What are the 'version' choices?
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

as seen above :

no paint

drybrush stone or bronze

Detail paint (meaning metals and stones etc will be put in as well as backing with flag and everything done)

I don't have a more recent image since the camera doesn't want to work with my new motherboard for some reason. Howver there are a few of the previous pictures in the "sculptures 4 sale" thread where you can see it as a work in progress. The thread is further down the page here in the Creative Endeavours dection.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

more info on the detail paint.

This means he will have a dark cloak and a metal looking mask you will see the stone work on the base as well as the bones comming out of the throne.. the little rat will be a little brown guy with a pinkish tail.

In addition to that there is a backing that has to be made sperately. It contains a thin rope tieing a old cloth banner between two real wooden poles and then bracketed to the back of the throne.

The dry brush will simply look like old stone or bronze all over.

The one without paint will be ready for you to paint yourself. I recomend using latex or acrylic paints. Oils don't do well on pourus materials. Unpainted it will be stark white and smooth.

hopefully that clears things up more.

moo
Last edited by cowsmanaut on Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

GAH!!! I was over optimistic.. Upon ZPC's comments I decided to look at postal costs!!

they range from $15 -$50 cdn I think I'm going to need to adjust the cost per person depending on location to cover the cost of shipping!!

Otherwise I would be seriously broke!

This doesn't mean anything to those I'm sending for free. I'll still foot the cost on those.

moo
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I thought your prices were a bit low! I'm quite happy to pay for the postage though -- you shouldn't have to foot all that!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

as long as I can keep them under 2 kg I'm fine.. after that the price doubles. I will need to send them surface though otherwise it goes way higher.

Anyway, update.. the outer shell for the pouring of the mold is drying now and should be ready to make the mold tomorrow. Then it's supposed to be a 16-20 hour setting time for the mold.

getting there.. slowly :)

moo
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

DISASTER!!!!! :evil:

I went to make the mold.. I had everything perfect except this one detail. I didn't know it but I had put down some plastic wrap to prevent the rubber from sticking to the surface I had put down (cardboard). Now usually I would use wood to seal it down to.. however I didn't have any at hand. Should have waited I guess.. it turns out.. the sealer I use doesn't stick to plastic wrap

Anyway,, $20 waste of rubber. it seeped out and I couldn't stop it.. I prevented it from going all over the carpet (small wonder) but I got a bunch on my $500 table .. seems the newspapers I put down were not enough once it started to pour out.. :?

I'll try again once I recover.. I hope I can get all the wasted rubber off since now it's gone places I didn't put releaser on so it's going to bond really tight to it.. I may need to make a new shell. all I know is this just sucks!!

moo
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Bummer! Life conspires to rob the artist of his moment of glory. Or something. Hope you manage to sort it all out, and you haven't fecked up your table. :cry:
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

ok got the mold completed yesterday.. finally cured and came off the master today. So.. I'm going to start casting them

I've 3 to make for certain so far.. any other takers? Anyone who wants a price check? please let me know soon so I can determine how much it would cost to send for each person and pass it on. It's easier to find out the costs if I do them all at once rather than go back a few times. ;)

PITD and Lunever were two others looking at buying one? You still interested guys?

moo
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Yes Cows, I still do want one, painted in detail please. Just tell me what the total cost is and where to transfer it to and I will send it to you from my own PayPal-account (with a few days of delay, since lacking a credit card I got to transfer money from my bank account to my paypal account first).
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Me too, once I set up a PayPal account (also non-credit card holder, so more delay)
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

got the info back. and it's very odd..

I managed to come in under the 2kg limit easily so it classifies as small package. This means you have two choices

Surface mail (trucks and boats) is 15.55 cad
Air mail is 37.35

These work for all international locations (I guess meaning anything not in North america) :)

For the states it just get's weird.. it depends on more than the wieght.. its the size too and the postal code.. anyway...

moo
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Darn! Suddenly my monitor died once and for all. Just paid 499 Euro for a new one, flat screen this time - it has but one disadvantage compaired to my old one: No space atop to place Cows' sculpture upon... ;-)
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

http://dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/images/Wizard_WIP.jpg

Still a work in progress. lot's to complete but you can see it so far. :)

Need to get more paint tomorrow so I can complete
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

He looks very cool!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

BTW.. Gambit this is yours I'm working on here. :)

moo
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

http://dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/images/wizard_done.jpg

got him done today.. will send him out soon. now you all know what a detail paint will look like
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Whoo hoo! Very cool! You know, I thought that might be my one before you even said it as my name appears to be on the newspaper! (Gamb...)

:) :) :)
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

heh, didn't notice that.. it's on both of them too! since that paper has been down a few days now :)

I'm working on ZPC's next because he wanted a bronze drybrush.. this way every one can see what that will look like.. and I can confim which one everyone else wants.

moo
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

ok Gambit.. didn't get a response from you but I sent it out anyway.. should be there in a week. At least that's what she said.

I also put in some canadian Coins for amusement. Penny, Nickle, Dime and quarter. Perhaps it's just me but I find foreign currency interesting so I always put in some for packages I send to other parts of the world. :)

If I can get others to provide me with how they want theirs sent in advance? Air or surface. Remember that it's 15 bucks for surface and 37 for air (this is canadian dollars) For those of you getting a free one I will pay the 15 but if you want air I'll have to charge you the extra. :)

moo
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No loonies and toonies?
I have a small pile of currency from canada too : )

And i have no problem with ground mail
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

4 to 6 weeks ground then :)

As for the coins.. you got a canadian GF. Small wonder your pockets brim with canadian coins :)
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Since there is no need to hurry, surface is ok for me.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I supoose one of us should have mentioned it.... but the Sculpture that I sent to Gambit has arrived.. last week I think.. but sadly.. it was broken. Before I send out annother I need to be able to be assured it will not happen again. So I'm looking at alternate packing methods.

It'd be a real pain to have someone pay to have it sent to them and have it arrive busted. The mail services are crap.. I put fragile all over it. had styrofoamand the sides of it. yet still the broke the base.

And let me tell you.. that Hydrostone is solid stuff. Takes me a *LOT* of effort to crack it .. should say something about how it was tossed around from place to place while in their ever so able and nurturing hands! :x
moo
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Aw! Not good. Poor little Chaos fellow! :evil:
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Do you have UPS or Fedex where you're at?

They should be able to deliver the packages without anything inside getting broken(they did for my computer parts).....they should have businesses in other countries too(unless I missed something).
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

yeah, I do have access to those I think. However, I've worked for companies like that.. you can't account for the morons you pay mediochre wages to. There are people who delited in throwing packages that said fragile.. thought it was really funny. I'm glad I didn't work there long. It really pissed me off. :(

Anyway, I'm in the process still of getting this done to a standard where the base is stronger. That's the part that broke on Gambit's test sculpt. He had some suggestions based on how it arrived. So I need to get on that. Just have been super busy lately. Trying to fill our summer school 3D animation course. As well as getting computers ready and I've even been coding some tools.. yeah... me... coding. I'm not sure how I'm doing it but the language is based on VB so it's not too hard to learn.