Monsters tougher to kill...

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
FallenSeraphin
Adept

Monsters tougher to kill...

Post by FallenSeraphin »

I noticed that some monsters become tougher to kill, like worms, mumies and gigglers (thiefs) when you only use magic. Is this a normal game behaviour or might it be a bug ? this is in CSB only, doesnt happen (that i noticed) in RTC...
" Never Fear Death, Embrace It As You Embrace Darkness... "
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Some monsters have good anti-fire or anti-magic, so there is always a balance in combat between magic and melee, and even which options you use - of cours,e one of the nice touches in DM
For example, some monsters die better with poison, and i mummies do seem remarkably resistant to fire for thigns that are dusty rags
FallenSeraphin
Adept

Post by FallenSeraphin »

How about mummies taking an increasingly number of fireballs and / or other spells to kill ? anybody noticed that or was it just me ? game bug ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

creatures also don't have consistent hit points - the 'deeper' you go into the dungeon, the more hit points generated creatures have, and the starting monsters also can have an arbitrary number
you might notice 'boss' creatrure given more hit points than others even DM (the single screamer at the end of level two, for example)

so i reckon it's a combination of these two factors making monsters appear tougher with magic only attacks
FallenSeraphin
Adept

Post by FallenSeraphin »

Point taken