Starting CSB *no spoilers please*

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

everyone falls the first time they pick up the axe ;)
BloodFromStone
Expert

Post by BloodFromStone »

I got mixed up awfully after I got all the stuff from Supplies for the Quick, and ended up back at the merging point, taking the priest side this time. My people are getting to be really high level... I have a feeling I'm not supposed to have spent as much time being lost as I have. :lol:

Oh, and I did get the axe, though I was hoping it would be more than just 'axe. :) I dunno if you can run quick enough to just grab it and move... What I did is discover that you can actually move back onto a square once the floor reappears before the place you're standing on drops the bottom out.
BloodFromStone
Expert

Post by BloodFromStone »

Woo. I dunno if anyone is still following this, but I just sank my first Colbrum. I finally got the fighter side's stone. Seems I could have done it all a long! I doubled back because I thought I needed a key to open up the dragon den.
Fighting through the demon den was a serious pain. There's a million of them plus stupid invincible Chaos. I killed as many as I could then poison clouded through the rest of them. Now I'm thirsting to death and trying to find a fountain... But on the plus side, Tunda and Petal are getting to be pretty beefy.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

nice one! after once through with solving the for a corbum, you will start to see the patterns of CSB and the gameplay, I am sure
And yes, the dragon's den is a little deceiveing, you only need a key to reopen the door or lock it for respite or something, and you need to kill dragons

And lol, you have just done the equivalent of landing in Chaos's level of DM after playign a quarter of DM..so be pleased you aquitted yourself so well!

Fountains...there are two or three that are easily(-ish) reachable, if you start finding it unplayable with thirst then hints can defintiely be given to reach them
BloodFromStone
Expert

Post by BloodFromStone »

I found a fountain, thankfully, and a hauled a few chests full of dragon back to the place where the paths split. And oh man, power towers are the coolest leggings ever. I had to rework my party order because Tunda's massive muscles don't leave room for Petal to walk beside him.
I'm still being amazed by how much experience gets thrown around in this dungeon. Both of my people are third rank masters in two of their skills and some kind of master in the rest of them, largely due to the long fight I had the demons on the top floor, I suppose. I can't wait to see what they look like when I finally finish, since having a 1st rank master in my DM play through got me all excited. :lol:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

LOL, doens't petal have wings? I'm sure she can fly overhead

Yeah, the higher you go the more experience you get, so for example doing the dragon dens, or heck especially doign the 'last' level with chaos, you will be piling on the experience. Luckily combat and taking punishment is only half the challenge of CSB!
BloodFromStone
Expert

Post by BloodFromStone »

combat and taking punishment is only half the challenge of CSB!
No joke there. As hard as some of the fights have turned out to be in comparison to the DM fights, the part that has kept me pinned down, loading games, and whining at Selie about how hard the game is is definitely the dungeon's mazes and puzzles.
Though the fight in the dragon den was pretty exciting! I was letting them out one at a time, but one of the trapped ones got out (I guess he breathed fire at me and blew down the door). Thank goodness for poison cloud. I use it as a warcry on big monsters all the time in CSB. :lol:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

glad you are finding it more challenging than DM, you raced through that one!
Though 'challenging' does beome 'insane' for some of the puzzles in CSB