[RTC] Sukumvit's Labyrinth

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

better restart from scratch except if you have reached the broken ra doors which are the center of the dungeon. oh.. and i removed the door with a semicircle window ;)

EDIT : finally, you should continue with your current adventure, the v1.1 is not playable because of alcove bugs... :(
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

new version up for RTC 0.32 ! check the 1st message of this thread for download :)
Big-J-Q
Adept

Post by Big-J-Q »

Is there something added to the new version? (Because the previosly released version seems to work well with 0.32 and I would hate to start from the begin once again)
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

i redesigned the beginning of the game and modified alcoves mecanism because of the new "constant weight" rule but the older rule works fine in RTC0.32 so you shouldn't have any problem.
morevover, Lexus appears more often to help you : some puzzles are easier to complete but they are slightly the same.
i think you can play the 1.1 version with RTC 0.32 : if you are blocked somewhere, ask me for some hint.
Last edited by linflas on Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

added a hints file in the archive http://redribbon.planet-d.net/dm/sukumvit.zip
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

ok, here we go for another bump...

all dungeon designers have their first dungeon... i wanted to make something original instead of doing something simple... :roll:
just before the 1.2 release, i did some copy-paste on some tiles with the RTCeditor and here's what i discovered :
on a door tile you have 2 objects : a frame and a door. if this door is the target of a keylock, and you move the tile somewhere else, you must always recheck the keylock settings because the target changes when you paste the tile ! or more precisely, the keylock deactivates the first object on the pasted tile, and it is the door frame, not the door itself ! and what was the weapon just behind the door, hmm ? *pan, dans le mille* the firestaff !

sorry for that, nobody can complete my dungeon actually and really sorry for people like j.tobergte who got so far in the game (he's probably the only one who reached sapphire area).

next (corrected) version coming soon. stay tuned.
j.tobergte
Neophyte

Post by j.tobergte »

Hi linflas!

Yes, i finally reached the demons room with the chaos inside. But I still lost motivation killing chaos. There were some doors i can't open - think there were some bugs in the design. But - very cool puzzle designs like the rings room - the bone collector - the living doors - ... - many cool content and hours of gameplay fun! I played much over 80 hours.

The begining is a little bit hard. Since i played the whole game with only one character (the magican woman from the begining) and the first rats i found they attacked me - dead. At the begining there are no runes, no lights, no water... The main fun begun at the emeralds end at the lion fountains, where i got the immulet - so water and light and food was no more a problem. But all in all - a very succeeded dungeon.

My actual characters skills:
530 HEALTH
382 STAMINA
169 MANA

Second Master Fighter
First Master Ninja
Second Master Priest
First Master Wizard

keep on ...
ciao, joerg.
J.Tobergte, TD GFX, www.4HEAD.de
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

thanks for the comment and well done joerg ! i'm really impressed you have reached so far.
anyway, you -can- kill chaos but he has -a certain amount of- health points... so i don't think you could kill him with only only one char..
actually the new 1.3 version is only a 1.2 correction : you can open the firestaff lock and finish the game.. but i prefer not to release it.
i'm adding custom monsters from EOB, new frightening sounds, trying to change the wallset (i must modify stairs, decorations, doorframes...), added a few new puzzles, changed some paths also and lowered the difficulty at the beginning but increased in ruby...
this should be a v2.0 :)
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

bump for new version, with new bitmaps and sounds.

and it's not a 2.0 version because wallsets are still from DM...

is it possible to change the title of this thread to "[RTC] Sukumvit's Labyrinth" ? thanks to admins.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You can edit your own posts and change the title lazy boy!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

oh ? really ? but i always use the quick reply form :oops:

oh.. forgot to say : go to 1st post for download !
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

time to share ! feel free to use all these media for you own creations :)

you will find monsters bitmaps from Sukumvit's Labyrinth, mostly taken from EOB.
there's also a ready-to-use text file for RTC and a few new sounds.
http://redribbon.planet-d.net/dm/sukumvit_media.zip
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I started this dungeon the other day...the main annoying thing is the lack of runes and therefore the necessity of relying on torches (I refuse to use them in any other dungeon, preferring to increase Wizzy skills by casting light spells). Yesterday I finally found the spellbook, and I'd already found two rune scrolls (which I had to go back and find again, having not taken them with me but needing to scribe into the book) containing between them something like Ful, Zo, Vi, Bro, and I think Ya. But as I have no Power Runes yet, that's not much good :(. I still haven't finished Emerald path but I found the door to the First Master of the Trial...still need the key for it though. Umm...oh, I found the shop area, clever idea...oh that's where I'm saved actually...I have five copper coins and I'm opening each door one by one then reloading my game...gonna take what item I prefer the most from all that's there, muahahahahaha...
But yeah, so I need the Power Runes (even just Lo would be good for now!). There's probably a fake wall or hidden switch or something that I haven't found yet which opens them. I have three champs now...I took errm what was he called...Lippon? The Elf dude...I took him and since then I've found...Eltan and errm...someone else...Kuarrn or something...think it began with K anyway. Had to Rez those two rather than Re-incarnate so their stats were similar enough to whatever I renamed Lippon...oh Akaris that's it.
Hmm, anyway, I'd better try and see if I can find those bloody runes once I'm done messing around in the shop. And also see if I can find what to do next. I think I still have an iron key from AAAAAGES ago that I haven't used, but I don't recall seeing a locked door other than the Emerald one to the First Master...
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

in the first version, power runes were in Lexus' jail but i decided to increase difficulty : i placed them somewhere else on the same level... :twisted: it should be the first scroll you discover, even before 'Vi' and 'Zo'... :roll:
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ugh, the words "same level" are probably not a great deal of help as there's so many stairs and pits and stuff...but I'll have a look round erm...if I can find the cell again...oh it's at the far end of the Prison isn't it...yeah I'll find my way back there and erm...explore as much as I can on the same level.
I'll probably be playing it again later today, though I'm working on the latest hints for Zyx atm as well so time is divided. Oh, and I'm now messing around with sounds as well since I found a crappy sound recorder program last night (basic prog that comes with Windows), plus I wanna get on with my dungeon and the character pics for it. Ugh, so much DM stuff on the go at once, lol.
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Wheee...found a bit I hadn't been to yet, found the Emerald Key, killed the first guardian dude (wuss! :D), but errm...well, I was trying to find the Prison again at the time lol. I keep ending up in the Torture Chamber...unfortunately the name of this dungeon holds true and I have generally no clue how to get from one place to another I've already been lol. Umm...oh I found a big junction thing with some Ra Doors, presumably the two which are locked lead to/from the Ruby and Sapphire paths. Not sure what I have to "feed the lions"...I tried a drumstick, a gold ring, and a copper coin...ooohhh idea...*has just remembered what special item the first Master dropped*...if I can ever get to the bloody place again I'll try that, muahahahaha...
But no, still no Power Runes...lol. I reckon the Prison has moved just so I can't find it and every other location in Emerald keeps jumping in the way so I end up there instead :P.
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Wheee, I found the Prison! :D
Yeah, I found the Prison.
Umm...
Well I haven't had a proper proper look around the WHOLE of the level. I've had a pretty good look though.
But I'm still looking.
Where is this frigging scroll, arrrrrrrrgggghhhhh...
I think I'm gonna find it, scribe it, and then chuck the bloody thing down the biggest bloody pit I can find...well there's only one big death pit so I think it can go down there.
When I find it.
Wherever it is.
Probably behind some fake wall.
Somewhere.
But I don't want to bash their brains out until they die.
Bah.
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

hahahaha, your review is really amazing :) but if you're at the junction, you're quite far from the power runes...
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

ok let's go flashchat then :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Omfg I found it at last...gawd how long did that take...
And the only hint I had was that it was on the same level as the Prison, haha!! Okay now I can play with proper magic and everything :evil:. Hmm I don't think I have the Ir rune yet so nukes will have to wait but that's okay, I can cope without...
Now I just gotta find my way back to that lion room and see if the item I think works is correct...
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

oh yes it does :) but they are three.. i read your monologue in the chatroom, sorry i was watching a dvd (pirates of the carribbean, excellent one !)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ahhh love that film :D.

Post by Seoub!!! »

hello !

I'm trying your labyrinth too and got a few questions :
- When I pick the ring into the chest, leaving Horn of Fear, I hear a clic but nothing happen, I'm blocked. A bug ?
- I can't have any Strength bonus by levelling Ninja habilities. Unlucky or removed ?
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

- click is because another alcove appears...
- dunno, maybe only fighter hability has an effect on strength in RTC.
Seoub

Post by Seoub »

Ok many thx !

Post by Guest »

Hello again !

How can I learn the power runes ??? I learned basics YA VI but can't still make magic... HEEEEELP ! :(
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hehe I got stuck on that for ages...look back nearer the beginning of the dungeon for the scroll.
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

i found a really good place to hide those @#[\^ runes :)
Seoub

Post by Seoub »

ok, spent all the night for it but found it. Just one thing : "GRRRRR !"
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Heh, I haven't carried on with my game of Sukumvit's Labyrinth for several weeks now (been doing other stuff, haven't given up on it), but I know that when I do go back it's gonna be a pain. I'm gonna be needing the Des Ew runes if I'm to get any further, I think, and I'm pretty sure I've already found them once, since I recall there being a scroll with a certain other item (which I have). I can remember vaguely how to get there but I think it'll be a bit of a case of trial-and-error (again) to errm...take the right route, using the erm...method of transport required in order to reach it. And the scroll had better be there. And it had better have those runes on it. 'Cause if they're not then I won't know where to look. But I'm pretty sure it is the right scroll. I just have to be arsed to load up the dungeon, find my way back to that spot, and check it out.
I really should have thought of keeping hold of rune scrolls til I found the spellbook, but the thought never occurred to me - I hadn't thought of getting the spellbook at a future point, just having to survive the whole dungeon with no spells. Ugh.