The Silly and Tiny NOT "Dungeon Master Christmas Story

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

The Silly and Tiny NOT "Dungeon Master Christmas Story

Post by PaulH »

Culled from this thread - b.

I just have the page whirring away in the background as I design my new dungeon. It is inspirational! Wait to you see the Vorpal Hamster level.

You will need tough characters to slay the King Of the Vorpal Hamsters (and his mother). His arch enemy, the Ven Gerbil was unfortunately enervated and is now wondering about the cellars looking for a Ferretstaff.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Chatacter 'Beowuuf the Gerbil'...scrapped
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

Vorpal hamster! This I HAVE to see.

I really should play DM some more. Unfortunately, there's going to be a computer shuffling (my stepmom's getting a new computer, meaning I get her old one, I give this laptop back, and I take the monitor from the old machine that is basically DM fodder right now) so I may lose my ability to play my saves on either computer. STILL, that just means I can start over and be even better, right?

I'm so off topic ... kind of. But yeah, I'm leveling up off of this! Next thing you know, BFS and I are going to take turns facing walls and throwing mon fireballs to see who's stronger (I've heard stories of people doing this to prove to each other who has the tougher champions)
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

You frighten me, sir. But I'm not sure, that might be a compliment.

Is the dungeon going to be festive too?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

LMAO, Ferretstaff, now THAT is something i wish i'd thought of!

Fireballs against walls - yeah, if you playtest a dungeon with maximum characters, you find you can yawn off MON fireballs - VEN clouds are where it's at (which is why the enervated Gerbil will always win...)

The vorpal hamster has only two known weaknesses - it cannot play Dance Dance Revolution (no sense of rhythmn) and it will feel nervous if soemone asks it if it left the oven on.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I think this thread had driven me temporarily insane. Or I have had too much Sar wine.

Seriously, though it is a big dungeon, new unique puzzles, interesting start and multipath (ish). Late January is my proposed release, maybe a bit late for festive parts but I will reference this story somewhere
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

Now that I know its weakness, I can challenge it to a game of DDR. I'm nothing special, but I can hold my own against mortal (read: non-tournament) players...

You know what's funny? Playing fighting games on a DDR mat instead of a controller. Hohoho. I am very on topic. I like Dungeon Master!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Do like zyx and make them subtle, it's always more fun to come across an obscure reference : )
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Plenty of obscure references Beo, haha! Apart from my blatant 'Sucinum pit puzzle' reference! Right nomore! Don't want to spoil it for the three people who will play it!
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

I'd play it but I probably wouldn't get in far enough to catch any references :(
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

There is a gentle 'intro', as you can choose your first task, or go for a harder one if you feel inclined. So far we have 8 endings, so you do not have to do everything.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

DDR - someone posted a picture of the set up with a DDR mat to play DM through CSBwin...it scared me!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Trying to find where to split this in to a new topic about your dungeon paulH, but, oh, it's so convoluted, I can't be arsed.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Yeah, we got a little sidetracked there. Once it starts, off it goes. Oh, am I glad I don't have to work in the morning.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

yes.. see now that PaulH actually *plans* to use the vorpal hamster I need to do three more images.. back side and attack.. how should it attack? lasers from it's eyes.. eneverating people all over? or should it jump and bite? maybe lift it's evil little paws like a vexirk gone furry.. ;)

moo
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

There definitely needs to be some enervation. No question about that.

Is it a problem that we are kind of wavering around off the topic? I mean, the enervating vorpal hamster is on topic, honest! ... kind of...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I'm a pedantic anal old man and like to see things stay on course if poss. So enervating hamsters in a custom dungeon should really be discussed in the Custom Dungeons forum...
BloodFromStone
Expert

Post by BloodFromStone »

DDR - someone posted a picture of the set up with a DDR mat to play DM through CSBwin...it scared me!
Haha, that's awesome. I suck at DDR, though, so my little champions wouldn't make it very far.
"Oh no, I meant reincarnate, not resurrect. *bashes into walls* Damn, 2 damage really adds up after awhile." "AGH MUMMY *falls over*"
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

I was the nerd who played DM with a dance mat, see http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=23364

It was also me who complained that Paul's excellent Towers of Chaos dunge was too tough at the start with reincarnated characters - but I hadn't ticked the DM Rules option which is now the default on the revised version.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I had not seen this before! Excellent! Get fit whilst playing DM!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

*bows to the master of DDR DM and philosophical jokes* : )