What's the deal with Welsh, and other comedy

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Not for me. 2005 is gonna suck big time. Even more than last year. Shite. Life seems to be going backwards for me -- maybe it'll be better for you young whippersnappers...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

dear lord is this the new year of everyone being down with their lives! My friend and i bithced about our lives this new year (though tryign to do positive stuff now) and my ex-girlfriend is having a seriously shitty time too : (

What's up? I thought you had the good job and managed to put the old crap behind you?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Your only as old as summat you feel... ish, or something like that.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Well, having consolidated all my finances it transpires I will need to take out a big loan to pay all my debts off -- and to pay for the loan, I will need to either get a massively higher paid job (not gonna happen anytime soon) or move out and rent a room off my sister which I really don't want to do as I will end up with no space compared to the lovely spacious flat I currently rent. Bollocks.
Last edited by Gambit37 on Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

It could be worse, believe me
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

ah, so you haven't shaken off all the financial bullshit from last year : (
that really, really sucks...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I know it could be worse, just was looking forward to a better year after the last two years were very, very shite.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

yeah, thought you'd managed to clear yourself from that. Well, i guess concentrate on the positives and try to make this the only hassle in your life...or something...
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I know how you feel. I am looking forward to that better year too: well I might as well tell you all, I am off work sick at the moment, being tested for a dodgy tumour of the adrenal glands called a 'pheochromocytoma'. Doesn't help when trying for these DM records lol! Should all be sorted soon, hope to have the op in the next few months.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

OMG, that sounds -- not good. Get wellington soon!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Holy crap! Well, deinifetely good luck with the op and in gettign a better 2005!
and don't strain yourself in the meantime...you know...don't work too hard on the dungeon...no matter how good it is...*twitch*
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Its a strange condition - basically I overproduce adrenaline (vast amounts!) and have high blood pressure! Not good when turn a corner and see a slobbering screamer! But curable, just waiting for the surgeon to sharpen his vorpal blades and all will be well again.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

well here's to a boring 2005 then!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

haha! I have taken my Ku potions... the new dungeon is on its way. Still its all relative isn't it?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

You could always add "pheochromocytoma" into the story....?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I could indeed! You've not looked it up have you?!!! You need to be a mad biologist to work out what they are on about!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Well after killing this thread dead (!), lets get back to comedy! But I am too pissed to remember what we were talking about anyway!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

LOL
well, given that Selie started it about welsh poeple, or mentioned welsh people in another thread and it got pushed here, then i have no memory of how it got twisted to life and stuff...

ooh, comedians! that was it!
not a comedian as such, but i would also nominate dave gorman for his two shows, 'i'm dave gorman' and 'googlewhack adventure'
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Yes. naughty Selie hehe!!! We were talking about Blackadder, but I have to say Red Dwarf is one of my favourite progs, especially series 3-6
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

oh yes, red dwarf was great...the later series lost me. Seven was ok in a way, but i never got into 8...apart from the one episode with the future seeing computer

what ever happened to the RD film? It's been on then off again for so long now!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I am glad you said that, RD 8 (and seven to some extent) had become hopelessy 'Americanised' (sorry my friends over the pond!). The film has been in the pipeline for ages, the American dierectors want their own actors but Naylor/Grant insist on the original cast.

"Can we move a little faster? So we are not been overtaken by stationary objects?"
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

"are you sure about red alert sir? it does mean changing the bulb"
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

"Kryten personal blackbox recording. Time: unknown. Location: unknown. Cause of accident: unknown. Should someone find this recording, perhaps it will shed light as to what happened here. My short-term memory has been erased. This I ascribe to the proximity of the magnetic coils from Starbug's rear engine. Secondly, due to the proximity of the magnetic coils, my short-term memory appears to have been erased. This, combined with the erasure of my short-term memory, has left me a little disoriented"
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The whole speech about escaping from the rimmerworld prison..."or we could use the paddle sir"
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Yes, great stuff! "She looks like something that dropped out of the Sphinx's nose!". I thought I would die laughing when I hearg that!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

damn, i need to watch those again at some point!

Post by Guest »

It is fantastic! I just have to check this Red Dwarf out. Reminds me of a scene in a book.

Glad to hear about Black Adder- good stuff, almost forgotten by me.

As for all those comedians - i do hardly know any of them and the german i do only know a little - hardly watch TV.
There is Stefan Raab, shows funny clips and stuff-well.
There is Harald Schmidt- a satirist-
Polt is some Guy, too. Puh. i loose the threat
At least some of the Python staff i know-
films as well as flying circusss comes to mind, the latter i have not seen that often, but i´ve always been a fan of Monty Python.

Back when i was a kid i just loved Bad Taste (Peter Jackson), i did not understand a word but to be honest you did not have to. (i found it funny, and yes it is violent)
Well, i have older siplings, so i watched a lot of films not directly suited for my age, but at 7-8 years in school, i lost interest in films, because we had no cable tv and the austrian broadcast got crappy, so there yu are.

Knight Rider was a must - Kit(spelling?) made this cool swoo-wooosh sound and the ding dinge linge lingi ding -- soundtrack was cool. What happened to Ka? ? How did the series end, i cannot exactly remember.

btw, quality topic award granted 8)
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

KITT was Knight Industries Two Thousand! Fantastic car. Right up there with the General Lee and the A-team van.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Turbo boost! *vwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh* x 3
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

One of the most memorable noises of my childhood! Did you know they got through 300 Generals in Dukes? Of course, KITT was indestructable