my strategy. little spoiled, just tips

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ArchType
Novice

my strategy. little spoiled, just tips

Post by ArchType »

this contains mostly tips on getting started. Not much spoiler. Experts may take my advice with salt, everyone seems to have differnt strategy that works. That is why this game is so fun.

(don't spoil anything much for me please)

There seem to be so many hardcore opinions here, and I have my own as well! but I wanted to quickly explain my simple strategy, becuase I love this game.

I haven't played dm since I was 12, i turned 30 today, well im new to DM2 as of this week I am playing again, so Im not interested in bieng corrected for my style but you can, for the record, if you cant resist :wink:

I always picked 4 characters... thats alot of mana. the game is designed to support 4, I guess people were picking less than 4 to make the game more challenging... dunno. pick them in the order that you want thier face at top of screen, helps organize

My latest strategy is to pick 2 tanks (str/dex/vital)
and 2 casters (str/vital/wizdom/intelligence)
I like strength for any character, so they can carry tons of stuff
dexterity for caster in this game? I think wasted stat,k so I picked characters as listed above.
I picked a tank with 0 magic becuase he has high dex, str, and Vit to start which is rare, and its going to be slow to learn any magic so I equiped 2 staffs to attack with(1 near store, 1 came with other character)
anti-fire is important deciding factor too IMO

I will cast wizard and priest spells with all 4 characters.
continue with priest spells for 2 characters, and wizard for other 2 character, this way they are not learning 2 different "languages" at the same time, while they dont have a large mana pool.

once they get some mana, then switch it up.

unless you have something better to hold keep 2 potions in each back row caster, dont bother with rocks and daggers except bring for puzzle???? continuing to pick up things after you shoot or throw them is waste of time and slows down the fun

any newbies! dodge monster attacks. worse thing you can do is panic, usually u still have time to cast and drink heath potion to save your ass.
Anyway, sorry if you read this but it didn't interest you, I just like to type I guess. ok Im off to try my new game/character strategy
- DM/Archon fan -
Real Life is too realistic! It's boring!
I am what happens when a problem child grows up.
Valderra
Artisan

Re: my strategy. little spoiled, just tips

Post by Valderra »

ArchType wrote:i turned 30 today,
Happy Birthday, ArchType !! :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, i missed that - happy birthday!
ArchType
Novice

Post by ArchType »

Thank you!

BTW there is no intelligence stat, I must have been having Everquest flashbacks :roll:

Also I noticed you can equip 1 staff in your ready slot (the 1st slot of 4, for things like arrows.) this way you can equip Blue Steel still :twisted:
everything is going well! he started with 0 mana and he's throwin fireballs already

But I just got GT4 for PS2 so DM2 will have to share my free time :wink:
- DM/Archon fan -
Real Life is too realistic! It's boring!
I am what happens when a problem child grows up.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”