INN OF LOST SOULS: general chit-chat thread

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: INN OF LOST SOULS: general chit-chat thread

Post by Ameena »

Hey there Moo Man :D. Yeah things aren't bad here. Still been logging in here every day, and doing plenty of gaming and stuff in between boring stuff like going to work :D.
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Ahh, work is important. I still love my job for the most part. All of the students are usually quite nice and have interesting ideas. A little sad for those who choose to not really put 100%.. sometimes not even 50%. It's a lot of money for an education in Canada.. so I worry when they don't go for the best and complete experience.. but most do, so yeah.. work is good for me and not so boring. What it is though is a lot of work and comes with its own level of stress. So, from that I'm glad to escape a little while and just game and watch TV/movies. Just shut off for a bit so I'm recharged for the next group.

What are you playing these days?
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

Hi cows! Nice to see you back.
I've been playing DM Nexus lately. I made a full English translation if you want to give it a try (I'll release an improved version 2 in the next few days).
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I have a few games on the go right now, as I seem to have amassed several people to play stuff with. So with my German friend we are currently playing Deep Rock Galactic. With my US friend I just got back into Ark the other day (she's playing it for the first time, though), and I now have a Canadian friend with whom I can play Phasmophobia, which tends to happen on Friday and Saturday evenings (well, evening/very late night :D) but he's busy right now so probably not this weekend. Oh, and in the fan Discord server for a pair of YouTube channels a bunch of us have a regular weekly meet-up to usually play Among Us but sometimes other stuff (eg Jackbox, Gartic, Skribblio) if we don't have enough for that. That's a case of "we start at 1pm UK time and people join and leave as they are available, so we have a wide variety from the west coast of the US all the way to Australia" so there's probably close to twenty regular people now, but we tend to overlap attendance such that there's usually around 7-13 of us at any given time, depending on people's availability and stuff.
And in between all that I'm still doing forums and YouTube and stuff. I had been playing a bunch of Caveblazers again too but now I'm back in Ark I think that's probably gonna take priority now ;).
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

"Back" is a big word ! :D

I'm free to roam during the holidays. I'll likely slink back into the shadows while teaching, and come back in summer.

I did have a DM related project I discussed with Gambit a while back on FB.. I haven't started it for real yet. I did a few small parts of the work but nothing substantial. We'll see if it ever comes to pass. Like all things I think about doing, it's ambitious but not so much that I couldn't do it for real, just a matter of time and motivation. Which in itself is a challenge for me, motivation has been in short supply. This year in particular has been rough. So, cross your fingers.. you might see something in a few months.. maybe not :P

It's nice to see you still keeping the place together Christophe, and making translations of more DM content. I'm so glad people like you and Ameena keep the place going and alive.

Ameena, I play Skirbblio with my students from time to time. Good to get them thinking of visual representations of things. The speed required makes them really think on their feet about what to put and how to visually communicate.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Oh yeah, it's basically online Pictionary. And you can add custom words - I have a massive list in a private Discord channel on my server from where I was playing with a friend so it contains names from various YouTube stuff we watch and games we've played and stuff like that :D.