Minions

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Johnmark

Minions

Post by Johnmark »

Casting the spell, porter minion---it picks up the items it is casted in....well how do I access that item again?

While I am at it...how do I direct the minion to do things.

Thanks

Re: Minions

Post by Guest »

I cast: zo ew ros
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

there is a 'minion map' somewhere that lets you move the porter minion about, i believe
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah, if I remember rightly, the map has two buttons - one places an (invisible except on the map) X on the square you're standing, and the other commands your Porter Minion to go to the X, pick up whatever's there, and bring it to you. There MAY be a third button, which tells the minion to pick up whatever's on your square and take it to the X, but I can't remember - it's probably been about six years since I played it hehe :).

Minion

Post by Johnmark »

I have the scout minion map -- the one with the eye. Strange I cannot see what the eye sees...only a topagraphical overview.

Can you tell me which clan area I will find the minion map....I don't want you to tell me out right. I want to have fun, ya know.

So..is a porter minion used to get through the three portculas in the beginning of castle ... to push the buttons

thanks.
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

i simply cant stand the enemy minions in large numbers, so annoying... btw heres a tip, do NOT trigger the door open in the area where you enter the castle, where that obelisk is with the sun and moon on it, its right of you when you face the castle entrance.

Post by Guest »

I'm not sure what the spell that creates a Porter Minion is good for— it just roams about and doesn't seem to do anything. The Minion Map, though, works as Ameena describes. You can't use it to help with the puzzle right in the beginning of Skullkeep, unfortunatly, because it's inside Skullkeep. As for the Scout Map, it doesn't show you what the eye sees, but rather the area around the eye.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

The Porter Minion from the map thing is very useful if you're killing things which drop heavy items you want to sell (axes, for example...) but are nowhere near a merchant and with no shops nearby. You can set an X at the place where you're hunting and pile loads of the axes there, then go to the shops and activate the minion and have him dump all the axes in front of you (stand in the appropriate shop of course). Alternatively, set the X in the shop, stand in the square with all the items, and then activate the right minion for that - he will pick up everything in the square and take them to the X.

Post by Tom Hatfield »

The porter minion (spell) is good because it follows you around. To get your items back, you have to kill it or wait for it to dissipate. It can be a nuissance to kill because it dodges your spells and always tries to remain two spaces away. I till prefer it over the minion map when I have to travel long distances (like selling axes).
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Cast the Porter Minion spell again to have it drop its loot instead of waiting for it to die off or trying to kill it yourself. If it's carrying stuff you want to sell, you can have the Merchant Guard kill it for you.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”