Story critiquing and stuff!

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Selie
Expert

Story critiquing and stuff!

Post by Selie »

Hi! I've got two stories underway. One is going into its third/fourth draft and the other is only kind of in its second. I may even have a third old one, if I choose to try to figure out what's wrong with it! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here had time to look over and give comments/critiques (I'm not expecting line by line, but I'd appreciate something with some depth, like actual criticism and stuff). The stories are about 2000-5000 words each.

I'm not really expecting an answer, but it sure would be cool. I'll critique back if you have something you want to exchange, but it may take me a few weeks cause of school.

Thaaaaank you~~~ :D
I haunt this forum briefly every four years or so, then disappear until adventure calls again...

Seriously, if you want to keep up with me, these days I'm pretty active as Lauren the Flute (video game music!) online. I ♥ you all!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You have my address if you want me to read over stuff, for whatevre little I know about writing: ) I liked your last work (is that the 3rd/4th draft one?)
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

Actually, no, I'm still waiting to hear back on that one (yay more rejection letters!), so I haven't touched it. These are some other stories. One of them's from that same semester, and the other two are a bit rougher and are from this semester. Any preference? XD I really appreciated your input last time, so I'd love to hear what you have to say this time, especially because they're stories I am free to change around and stuff. I've even got a rejection letter for one of them. It's exciting.

Thank you~ I may be emailing you later today. Any other takers?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

LOL, no preferences, send them all! : )
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

Woo! Expect an email today, hopefully. Whee.

One of them I'll be kind of embarrassed about, as it's kind of got some bits of Scottish stuff in it, so you'll have to tell me if it sounds really stupid to someone who's from the area. My Scottish/Irish-obsessed classmate didn't have a problem with it, so that's that, but the main character has an Irish name and she's supposed to have a Scottish name. Maybe you can help me with it - if you're not too busy laughing at me!

The other two stories are set in Generic Unspecified America and some new fantasy ish place, relaly. So that shouldn't be a problem. Just don't laugh TOO much at me when I try to venture into a little bit of culture and mythology that isn't my own!