zbrush roooocks !!!

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

zbrush roooocks !!!

Post by linflas »

:D :D :D

i tried many times creating 3d stuff with lightwave, maya ... but i've never been able to find a good way to make cool meshes, because my brain cannot 'conceptualize' a model in 3 dimensions, even if i've previously penciled the views...
so, trying to make a creature from a single cube, extruding, moving vertices and so on was a torture for my nerves ! :x

i discovered zbrush two weeks ago : strange UI, very VERY strange z-spheres thing, and it was a revolution, something like "photoshoping" stuff in 3d ! you can model anything you want (this goblin head took me 2 hours approximately), especially organic stuff.

i hardly recommend this tool for pencilers and character designers : here's a very impressive movie showing how to make a realistic fish with z-spheres ! (sorry 26 Mb)
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

the only bad thing here is you get bad geometry.. which is important when animating.. but if you never do that.. its' not an issue :)

Zbrush is great though.. we have several copies already at the college.. just remember to never deselect your mesh!!!.. or it rasterises and becomes 2D only!! ack..

anyway.. neat goblin..

moo
Selie
Expert

Post by Selie »

And this, my friends, is why I have always been and will always be a 2D artist.

That is a really awesome-looking goblin's head.