Interesting::::::My post is a new post!

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Interesting::::::My post is a new post!

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Well, I'll tell you the story. It's a long and scary story. Come at night(just joking). okay:
I was posting a reply to a forum. When I clicked Submit, while it was still loading the next page, I clicked a nifty e-mail button that brings me straight to my e-mail(MSN Explorer) I deleted the mail that said that that topic was replied to, and then went back here, and it had my topic that I just replied to red, as a new post was there, and there was, it was from me. Just interesing. Has anybody else discoverd this?

Sorry if this was very long and useless blabbing! I know, I can't read forums that have long paragraphs sometimes. Maybe I'm just too excited to see if someone has already posted what I'm about to post!
I'm a boy, unlike my avatar.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

There's a great medication called Valium you know.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not to hijack the thread in OT-ness, as that is unlike me, but how'd your thing go today Paul?
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

No, really, it's interesting. I'm not sure if it works in original Internet Explorer though.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Useless doctor! Armed with a barrage of wrong facts, he contradicted himself that many times I nearly got up and left. I knew it was gonna be a bad day when, after a 50 min wait, I got to the consultation room and the fire alarm went off! Had to evacuate an 18 story building!

Anyway he said he is 'pretty certain' that I do not have an adrenal tumour because of one negative blood test which is about 70% sensitive. He denied the CT scan of the adrenal that shows a lump in it even exisited, said the the two diagnostic radionuclear tests I have had (99.9% accuracy) are both false positive, the mass in the region is an accessory spleen, the high levels of adrenaline found were a fluke and the high BP and sypmtoms are an unknown 'mystery'. But he'll 'keep an open mind' and I have to report back in two months. He offered no course of action, more like 'live with it'. I waited 6 months for this appointment after 3 years of testing and two cancelled ops! So my doctor says Ye, consultant says Ye, this newbloke who has the last say says Nay and the surgeon changes his mind twice a year. 3 furkin years!!! And its back on the merry-go-round.

Whinge moan, the NHS in some departments is a joke. I am going private.

Right, where's me beer?!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Oh my... I am terribly sorry for you Paul... That's really disgusting. :( And I suppose there is nothing you can do about it?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

In most other countries the scan alone would suffice for removal of the adrenal, as this disease is pretty evil and needs to be stopped. Why it should be different here I do not know. I shall have to pay and go private. And here's the crux of it: it'll be the same bloody surgeon who probably does it!!! Wave 8000 pounds in front of their noses and suddenly the diagnosis changes. Gits. My Dad has contacted the press.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Good move. I hope it will change something.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

It is a difficult thing to diagnose sometimes, but the evidence is their! This bloke is just ignorant and under-educated. It is a pity.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Bloody hell, that's terirble. I read your post and actually thought you were making up some surreal nonsense to poke fun at the NHS. With shock I re-read and realised you were being serious. This country really does suck when it comes to so called 'health-care for all'.

I sincerely hope that you get a positive resolution Paul. Getting The Sun involved can only help.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I heard it is a delicate operation. Maybe they don't want to engage themselves into such a commitment?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

thanks for the support! I am determined to get it sorted, not just form my own sake but the thousands of others who are trapped in the system.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

The operation, in skilled hands, is a fairly straightforward affair usually comprising of the keyhole technique and takes less than an hour. The main problem is the anaesthetic as it can be dangerous to people with high circulating adrenaline levels. But high adrenaline levels are dangerous anyway (massive blood pressure surges!) and there is a 1 in 3 chance any tumour could be malignant. A successful op is usually a total cure.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Holy crap!

Surely you can ask for a second opinion or soemthing, especially with the evidence you have. I agree, the papers are best as it will nto only get pressure from public and a bad press (literally) but will also get more knowledgeable people informed who could step in and make the case...

Be very loud, very persistent, and I have no doubt we'll see your face on the news before long and hear about your successful op a short while after that.

Damn the man and sorry you are stuck in limbo for the moment : (
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Geez, one thing leads to another...I start talking about an interesting thing, and I think it only works with this bowser(MSN), then it goes into medicine, so get back to the hospital, and figure it out. I DON'T NEED MEDICATION, YOU DO!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Embrace the off topic-ness of the forum...it's fun and confusing : )
Florent
Um Master

Post by Florent »

Geez, I always heard about the NHS being so bad, and that we should feel lucky over in France thanks to our wondeful "Social Security" (that the government is working hard on bringing down). But I just can't believe your story Paul. Contacting the press is probably a good thing to do, I hope it pays up. Respect to you and your dad for doing it because lots of people would probably just have lived (and maybe died) with it as that idiot doctor suggested...
France is just a few steps behind in total disregard for patients...
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

yeah, I heard a lot about public healthcare in Britain from my aunt who lives in London. She had great problems with a spine (she was taking thousands of strong anti-pain pills daily), and they didn`t want to agree for an operation. Otherwise, in private clinique it would cost 30000 or 40000 pounds, as far as I remember, so she went to Poland and had the same thing in private clinique here for funny costs (maybe 10 % of that sum).
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Nobody has answered to my question about needing medication(sorry for being annoying!)
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Who, me?
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

I forget who said that, I think it was you, but that was just a joke(I needed something to show where I left off reading!)
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Yes, silly me.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Where is it that you store this medication anyway?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

In my kitchen cupboard
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Just sitting there? Not in a container?
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Well you know, the giant snails can't unscrew the lid of a bottle very well, only stick to things, so how are they meant to get the medication out of something when they're not feeling well? It's a good idea to leave your medication out in an obvious place and not in a container or anything, so anyone who happens past and isn't feeling very well can just help themselves. Of course, you have to make sure they don't scoff the lot and leave you none! ;)
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

No ADDF, I keep them in the box of cornflakes.

Yeah, gotta be careful of those snail pellets...
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Isn't that snail beowuuf? Or did I misunderstand and it's me? Or is it my computer?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Nobody really cares...
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Yes I care about cornflake tasted medication! Oh, the snail is...