Lack of food .... my characters are hungry !!

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
futureboy

Lack of food .... my characters are hungry !!

Post by futureboy »

Just started CSB after finishing DM, I chose the KU path.

I'm in the basement now after killing the dragon, my characters are hungry so i thought it would be a good time to stock up on worm slices. But the worm generator down here is very slow, i've been stepping on and off the location that is supposed to trigger the worms (according to the map on this site) but i've only seen 1 worm appear ... is the delay really that slow? ... if i could eat antmen then i'd be as fat as those dragons !!!

Thanks in advance.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, some monster generators have a delay on them that goes into minutes. My advice would be to not stock up now and continue on to the second part of the KU path...yah won't be hungry for a while after that : )
futureboy

Post by futureboy »

Thanks for this advice ... i iced 1 dragon in the dragon den so i've got a decent supply of food, might go back on kill one more though before going forward.
I didnt get the executioner though .. all those knights were taking ages to kill, might go back for it when food isnt an issue.

I really like this game and its structure.
Simon
Artisan

Post by Simon »

There is absolutely no way that your party can be hungry on this game!

More dragon steaks than you will ever be able to carry/eat... Just press on and don't linger around the starting room.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Although if you do linger around the starting room, at least you've got plenty enough Worm Rounds ;).

Post by futureboy »

I butchered 2 dragons in the dragon den ... they seemed weaker than the dragon in the basement, the death knights are harder to kill than dragons too .. maybe they are more resistant to fireballs, i'm more scared of knights than dragons now.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah Dragons are wusses. And yes, Dragons in CSB are of differing strengths - I think the one you meet at the bottom of Ku (wih the solid key) is meant to be the toughest of the lot.
I think some of the Dragons in the Dragon Den will repop after a time...seem to recall killing the lot but then returning later and running into one...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I would suggest killing the knights for the executioner now...and I believe you have to investigate the dragon den and kill a few more dragons to progress further on KU
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

I'm hungry. I didn't think about food when I left the worms, and now one of my characters are hungry. I'm not sure what path I took, but I'm at the part where you step beside the demon face and daggers fly at you. Then there are pits that jump down to some worms, and there are teleporters on the other side of the pits.
I'm a boy, unlike my avatar.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

The only bit I can remember with pits and daggers/darts flying at you is in...erm...I'm pretty sure it's Ros. I seem to recall there's a door or two and some Rock Monsters and Black Knights, and levers on the walls or something. If the pits lead to worms and you're really desperate for food, you could always jump down and grab a snac (if you survive the fall)...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Shrug it off and keep making stamina potions, there are dragons on ROS if you carry on for a little bit
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah is what I was thinking of but didn't want to spoil it by saying :).
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

Ameena, you are where I am, I remember first meeting those knights and piles when I ran through an imaginary wall when I fell down an invisible pit. I did think about those worms because I did jump down there before...but...is there a way to jump back up after?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There is an illusionary wall somewhere, I believe...
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

On the other side of the room with rockpiles and knights, which leads to squat. I checked the editor. Oh, Oh, you mean down there...I'll check that out.
ADDF_Toxic
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

You are right about the trick wall, it leads to stairs, and the pits fall down two levels, which got me confused because I couldn't find the worm area one level down!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I can't remember myself, it's been about a year or so since I played CSB.
On Master

Post by ADDF_Toxic »

I found myself in Ros. Actually, I went down some stairs and shoved my skeleton key in the skeleton lock and found myself at the enterance to Ros.