Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Got the druafang's tomb :)

I went back to the temple and noticed i missed a couple of things, notably ways of gaining further firepower !
What Is Your Quest ?
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

Well, the only 'treasure' in the cellar, using the map, was "more supplies for the strong".
But don't remember having found any staff...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

yes, in the room down the pit beside 'more supplies for the strong' is a puzzle to get the long lost wand
Inanity
Craftsman

Where did those dwarves stash all their axes???

Post by Inanity »

I should start out by saying congratulations to Zyx and everyone who helped with the Conflux series, and the tools required to develop it. Conflux3 is incredible. On to my question.

I'm getting desperate to find an axe... I've read the hints in other threads that there's one in the mines level somewhere but I've been through there and gotten their treasure, but still no axe.

Can someone pm me how to find an axe?
rafal100
Neophyte

Re: Where did those dwarves stash all their axes???

Post by rafal100 »

Inanity wrote: I'm getting desperate to find an axe... I've read the hints in other threads that there's one in the mines level somewhere but I've been through there and gotten their treasure, but still no axe.

Can someone pm me how to find an axe?
There are at least 2 axes (not exaclty in mines, but very near), both in places which gettting into are listed as 1 point achievements in Conflux Competition. And both axes require bringing some items to this places.

I recently solved this riddle, I don't know what are exact conditions of getting axe in one of this places. But I'lll send you solution if above hints won't help you.
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

I'm clearing some low levels area and found that I didn't solved the clue of the poet and his "vestuary".
Any hint with it ? :)
The hint oracle is insisting on some flowers and scent... I tried flowers, but nothing happened.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Ah, juste a joke about the opaque window.
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

Voyeur ! LMAO ! :D

So, here comes the new questions...
Council level : I opened the barracks and started to kick butts but I can't kill all ! Is there a generator inside ? Did I make a mistake ?
Emerald Level : Getting tougher and tougher ! Nasty traps and monsters ! Demons a re really though ! Must I skip this level (like the spiders one) to venture deeper ?
Lab : Flesh golem - is there a way to escape the trap ? Without dying (didn't tried) ?
'Fang' staff : Is this worth the price ?
The guardian : Freaking boosted g...m ! Is there a way to kick him easily ? Too quick, too stong, too invisible... :(
Emerald forest : What a nightmare !!!! Is there a trick to escape this hell ???? I climbed down the stair (reached it by jumping in a pit in emerald level) and found the room with all the eyes ('walk', and so on), clicked on one... I suspect a though riddle here.... :)
Beholder : Where is he ? :)
Possible spell bug : Stoneskin was fizzling before i found the parchment (logic), but after I unlocked it, I get a "mumble nonsense" ??? Bug ????

PM me if you don't want to reveal too much ! :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You can escape the trap - imagine solune put in a mechanism incase he accidentally trapped himself. How would a powerful wizard escape...

Guardian - fereeze life to get into the room, and after that light on your toes, and keep testing for him with movement. You can hear him walk aroudn if I remember, so you know when you need to reconsider your position

No riddle - i suspect you clicked eternity - the first few let you come and go when you hit a certain part. The others are for a specific guild ending, you don't want to staty there

There is a generator insude the barraks, but your mistake might be being constantly caught by the guy looking out the door if you are backtrackign down the corridor - he summons more guards
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

I made a few steps in Conflux (I got about 10 points in two days of very careful/slow playing :) )

A few questions :

- weapon replicator, which weapon do you think is more fit to be replicated ?
i tried it for voidness edge or funereal rapier, i don't know if it works for unique items or if some rare weapons should be replicated instead.
(voidness edge looks pretty rare to me, i've got only one)

- uncursed items : i noticed quite a lot of items are cursed. i blessed notably : a waterskin, bones, druafang stuff... has it any incidence on the game, beside the fact i made those item useful again ?
What Is Your Quest ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

fro the weapons question, I forget which item I tried - i thnk a certain mace

for the items question, one spell does need a component like that, but otherwise it's just to annoy you i think. Maybe. :D
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Joramund: As you may have noticed, only the base item is reproduced, but special properties are not duplicated. In other words, it is pretty much a useless gimmick. Well, that's a bit harsh. Maybe it's a free vorpal. :)

As for cursed items, I always thought cursing did the same thing in Conflux that it did in DM (i.e., nothing obvious.)

Barracks: It is a mistake to open that door unprepared, it's a pretty tough fight. I was not aware of the generator inside. Once I cleaned up that room it remained cleaned up forever after in my game. And I have going through it quite frequently.

Emerald level. No skipping here, this is as far down as the "normal levels" go. There are tricks to make your life easier, though. Use the scenery whenever you can, and you can fairly often.

Guardian: As Beo said, there's a door, there's "freeze life". There's even a trick that allows you not to have to use the freeze life.

Emerald Forest: There's one big thing to kill, and one item to get, assuming you're after the challenge points. Is it worth the 2 SAR keys? Up to you.

Beholder: His lair can only be accessed from the emerald level... or by screwing around with magic way too powerful to screw around with if you don't know what you are doing. If that's the way you get there, you probably won't live long...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Persona,ly I would nevre use the door for the guardian as you are then blockign your own way.

I actually managed to do this area, or get passed it, with a single curse - but you really are creating a rod for your own back with it if you avoid the fight instead of taking it out.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

The only cursed item i can think of that has a special feature is the waterskin, it has reduced drinking value
What Is Your Quest ?
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

concil : I cleaned the barracks and met the grey guy who teleported me amongst several guys. The said I was probably guilty and send me in a trap where I always end up in hell.... What did I wrong here ?
funeral daggers I saw several times mentions of funeral daggers, and Joramund seems to have found them pretty early in the game. Where are they ?
uncursing Parralax mentioned another place than the temple to uncurse items. Any hint ? :roll:
item replicator I saw reference to this but didn't found any. Hint ?
Underwater level Really hard one... Must I spend time here ?

Some little notes :
- I dropped several chewer pods on floor on the council level and found the level infested with chewers later.
- The View spell ("Soap and water") is a goddamn hideous riddle. You find it immediately, or you may burn in hell forever trying to understand it ! Another clever++ riddle (hats off).

That dungeon is ROCKING !!!!! (more than 100 hours of play and still many many secrets to discover...)
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

snichele wrote:concil : I cleaned the barracks and met the grey guy who teleported me amongst several guys. The said I was probably guilty and send me in a trap where I always end up in hell.... What did I wrong here ?
same here ! I suspect that's because I'm carrying a similar crown or doesn't understand some nasty trick (maybe I should only take scrolls, or put nothing on the ground)....
funeral daggers
I don't remember exactly. You should inspect your daggers, one of them has the properties "unique and funereal" and is VERY powerful.
uncursing
no idea other than the temple. maybe a spell or something...
item replicator
You shouldn't read the spoiler :P But if you want to find it, go into the pit near the council chamber, it leads to a thief, and with thorough exploration, you'll find the weapon replicator.
Underwater level Really hard one... Must I spend time here ?
How do you go to this one ?
Some little notes :
- I dropped several chewer pods on floor on the council level and found the level infested with chewers later.
Drop stuff in the sewers, and you'll see real effects : I dropped mushrooms, and there were suddenly caterpillars and mushrooms everywhere !
Snapdragons grow in wet places like the sewers, and stone mushroom about everywhere !
I'm experimenting with other stuff, but I can't see gorgonzola growing :wink:
- The View spell ("Soap and water") is a goddamn hideous riddle. You find it immediately, or you may burn in hell forever trying to understand it ! Another clever++ riddle (hats off).
I don't know that either ! I'm a bit lame on riddles, though. I only solved some of the "antic tributes".
What Is Your Quest ?
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Parallax wrote:Joramund: As you may have noticed, only the base item is reproduced, but special properties are not duplicated. In other words, it is pretty much a useless gimmick. Well, that's a bit harsh. Maybe it's a free vorpal. :)
The rapier looked pretty funereal to me, when I copied it !
But having two funereal rapier is less useful since i've plenty of magical stuff, but only one weapon that hits magical beings with decent damage (the vorpal ). Funereal weapons are cool, but they don't do that much damage to ghosts, as far as I can tell.

Also :
- the waraxe i got from the forge is not unique nor magic. I can't wait till I find a proper axe !
- the "hack" attack suddenly became useful, because of reduced idleness, and higher chance of doing damage. Now I like it. (probably because I've higher level characters :) ). Also : I finally solved all of the guild riddles !
I like the priest one (5 boxes...), I just had an illumination during my last playing session !
What Is Your Quest ?
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Mmmh, maybe it DOES copy funereal, then... Did you get an extra point for that? It's a funereal weapon after all. I remember trying to duplicate Druafang's Furx but the copy did not have the dragonslaying property spelt out on it. Maybe I should redo this part and actually try out the products for their properties, rather than relying on the description. I am pretty sure I tried Swift Death as well and things weren't dying as swiftly as they should have with the copy.

And I'm sure you'll find a special axe eventually. I know one that is kept in plain sight in an unsecured area, very hard to miss.
Sure, if you sow, it grows... :)
Have you tried planting spitter berries?
And suddenly, I'm wondering, could thorns be planted to regrow thorn-throwers? What about screamer slices for screamers? Joramund, how are the experiments going?
Thorns probably don't grow, or the garden of nostalgia would quickly get overgrown with theose things. On that topic, here's a question for Zyx regarding that garden. Two actually.
1) Are there generators for chewers there or are the respawns the product of pod growth only?
2) Is there a point?

For snichele:

The funereal dagger Swift Death is found in the mines. Inspect all your daggers, you may already have it and just not know it. It is the only funereal dagger I know of, and it's not the funereal property that makes it hot, it's the unique ability it holds. There is another unique dagger but it's not funereal and it's not quite as useful.

The other way to uncurse stuff is through a quest reward, and it only works once. Frankly, if you know of the regular way, you're better off using that.

As far as "probably guilty" goes, you're on trial. Try to look innocent, there are pointers on how to achieve that in the temple.

The underwater level is 'unfinished' (according to Zyx.) There still is some loot, the corniest riddle in the universe, and a 'unique' monster.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

1) there are generators
2) fun and food
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

Joramund :
- Underwater level is reached in the "apprentice room" where you have to use the "soap and water" spell (that f...in' one !). You reach it in the emerald level.
- What's the antic tributes ?
- I found the item replicator ! :) And the demon right near was a sissy, really. (On the contrary, the gargoyle is a real pain in the ass ! I wonder how you could get rid of it without zed !!!)

Parallax :
Thanks ! But suddenly, I'm affraid I have given that dagger to the merchant on the mine level (fur trader) ! :shock: Or thrown it somewhere....... too many daggers in that game !
For the axe, is it in Moria ? On the contrary, could you hint us on the location ?

ZYX :
- Could you examine my savegame to :
- check if the stoneskin spell is not bugged (see one of my previous post)
- check if I dropped accidently the funereal dagger (sorry to ask for that but I can't afford the time to recheck everything) or if I missed it ?
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Joramund wrote:
snichele wrote:concil : I cleaned the barracks and met the grey guy who teleported me amongst several guys. The said I was probably guilty and send me in a trap where I always end up in hell.... What did I wrong here ?
same here ! I suspect that's because I'm carrying a similar crown or doesn't understand some nasty trick (maybe I should only take scrolls, or put nothing on the ground)....
Did anyone figure this out yet? I did it in Conflux IIk, but now I go to Hell every time...
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Parallax wrote:As far as "probably guilty" goes, you're on trial. Try to look innocent, there are pointers on how to achieve that in the temple.
I'm stuck here... I'd rather not go back to the temple but here's the stuff I remember:

- mirrors are abominable
- ashes to ashes (does that mean don't carry ashes?)
- drink wisdom potions to be wise
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, make sure you do not possess any of the unsuitable items or else you will go to hell!

If you are not, this might be a bug then :(

No, there is the theroum of humility etc. Nothing outside the trial will get you into trouble, unless it is a duplicate of an object you get in the chest in the trial

Otherwise, solve the scroll, and off you go!
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

snichele send me your savegame.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

snichele wrote:- What's the antic tributes ?
I mean all the riddles involving "A tribute to ..."
I solved a couple of riddles involving Antic heroes (Prometeus, Ulysses etc.) so...
I found a generic name for them.

They are mostly useless, but among the host of unsolved riddles, figuring out some is quite a satisfaction.
What Is Your Quest ?
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

BEO : "Yes, make sure you do not possess any of the unsuitable items or else you will go to hell!"
- could you pm me the list of the forbidden objets ? I tried to enter NAKED (took me 10 minutes to drop all my possessions !!!!) in the council ... has been sent to the trial nevertheless !!!!!!

"Otherwise, solve the scroll, and off you go!"
Could you pm me the solution (or a big hint) because I believe I tried too many combinaisons but none suceeded............
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

I don't think you can avoid the trial. Removing the item is useful to pass the second test (the one that sends you to hell)
What Is Your Quest ?
Inanity
Craftsman

Stoneskin

Post by Inanity »

I just unlocked stoneskin, but it's a meaningless spell?
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

Ok, well... I passed the trial. One time.
Two time.
The second time, I'm granted an audience. But I can"t pass a blue teleporter to climb a stair later on ! (the other stair led to the council backdoor, which I don't want to use for obvious reasons...).
How can I pass that teleporter to climb the stair ?

Btw, inanity, I have the same problem !
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You can't pass it - what happns is you can arrie at the stairs on the other side, and can then come back down to the council level via the blue teleporter

It stops you going back up to it quickly once you decide to leave :(