Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

Great ! Thanks ! :)
Anyone wants to shed some light ?

Other questions :
I, ressurection spell. Obviously uncastable, isn't it ? What is the trick ? Do i need to take the bones with me ? Must I cast this spell right in front of the altar ?
II, Fireworks on mines : how the hell can I pass this and open the gate ???
III, Mines, again : 1 2 3 and 4, ok, but nothing happened ?

HELLLLp ! :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I - it's a red herring (literally,darn you zyx and your twisted humour) and the solution is actually much simpler. A component that might be required for the raising of the dead (hinted at in various places)

II - I never foudn a way passed it actually! I thought a certain event would remove them. I haven't actually fully solved the latest conflux, soooooo this might have changed.

III - you need to do them in order, and even then, there was an added wrinle. Basically, that solutions might well be revealing the greatest secret of the mines, so explore carefully everywhere after you have solved it, but once you have solved it, and the rest of the level, don#t feel you have to hang around either
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

III : I stepped on the four plates in the correct order, that is ok. But I crawled the whole level but didn't found anything new ! :(
Can you hint me more with this riddle ? Furthermore, the oracle is talking about the 'vein' and pickaxe... do i need a pickage or something ?

Zyx, any more comment on my previous questions ? ;)
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

III: you need to go to a place of danger, near II.

As for the 3, I don't remember. Did you check for illusions?
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

Ok, finally found the answer to II and III ! :)
After several illusion wall, finally found the 'treasure' and his gardian. Though fight btw !

More questions ! :)
1 - Spiders lair : I found a rope in a nest, and that triggered a point for the contest. Why finding a rope should award me a point ??? Did i missed something ?
2 - Spiders lair : is there a way to prevent spiders from spawning ? This godamn level is *really* hard to navigate on.
3 - Rose : there is several references to flowers at several time. Is there a place where I can found some ?
4 - Iron temple : can anyone hint me a little (even in PM) to solve the high priest riddle (there is a flower in the riddle if I remember well)?
5 - Iron temple : I used an onyx key found some level below to open the door. Behind that door lies loot (rather nice) a teleporter and a closed door. How can I open that door ???
6 - Iron temple : how can I open that damn autoclosing door with a pit right before (you know, the one with the lock you must click several time to fully open the door for a brief time before she close) ?
7 - Emerald level : god those golems are insanely too hard to kick ! Is there a weapon to blast them effectively ? Does magic affect them ?
8 - Various weapons : Are furx and Stormbringer usefull - not doing a lots of damage comparing to axe or saber ?
9 - Master thief and treasury : now that was a great moment ! Congratulation for making such 'scripted' moment ! :) Is there an official trick to bash that little bastard ? I finally get it with a freeze spell, but that needed a really good timing...

I'm getting deeper and deeper... took a peek into Moria... met the Balrog... god this game is so *rocking* ! :D

Thanks,

Seb.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

1- This is the fiery silk whip, it's actually a weapon.
2- Not that I know of. Some weapon are quite efficient against spiders (rapier, katana)
7- You might have found some magic or special weapons that are efficient against golems even though they look weak and small, but even with it, golems won't go easily to there grave.

I can't answer the rest, because you're farther in the game than I :)
What Is Your Quest ?
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

Whip ? a WHIP ?
How I'm I supposed to understand that a ROPE, labelled as a ROPE is a whip ??? :D

Farther thant you ?? Hum... haven't I read that you have funeral weapons ? Where the hell did you get such a thing ?
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Every rope in Conflux can be used as a whip... if you're skilled enough. This particular rope (and another one you may find later) have a little humpf added, is all.

As for your questions,

2. You can't really prevent it completely. If you avoid stepping on grates you don't have to step on and kill every spider you find, and don't disturb them unless you have to, you may be able to keep the infestation to a minimum. It is possible to generate so many of the buggers that the level becomes basically unplayable.

3. There is no rose, but there are flowers. You can find them, or you can make them. Don't be quick to discard some finds as "useless junk"... ;)

4. You have already answered your own question.

5. Prove that you have obtained the monks' wisdom. Took me forever to figure out what THAT meant, because I didn't keep track of what reward I got for completing the ways.

6. Use the proper key. I'm not kidding.

7. If you can't kick'em, punch'em. Supposedly there is an anti-golem weapon, but I think that's not working right (Zyx?) At least it never worked for me but it may be because I mistook something for something else. Anyways, they are not very sensitive to magic, have so much armor you might as well go barehanded at them (don't!), but there are a few tricks to deal with them. I will tell you this: when they are low on hit points, they make a clinking sound when hit, so you know you're almost there.

8. Furx? The only one I know of is Druafang's and it one of the best weapons in the game. Are you sure it is not broken? Stormbringer is very useful before you find the attack spells, not so much afterwards.

9. I have no idea what you are talking about. Of course I always blasted the little bugger to smithereens without moving from the entrance of his cell, so I'm not sure what 'scripted' stuff he's supposed to do if you let him walk away. Sounds like a bad idea regardless...
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

3-search in wet places
7- I think the golemslayer works in the current version (bugfix I), but I'm not sure
8. On a general note, examine the items with your higher priest to yield more information.
9. You just have to hunt down the master thief and corner him. How far did he get?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Also watch out for good weapons that seem useless - perhaps they arent' in the best state of repair to start with
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

1 - Spiders lair : Ok... thanks ! ;) The hint about the priest is really valuable !!! :)

2 - Spiders lair : Noted on the grates...

3 - Rose : Holly God in heaven, I always thought it was * that * I was supposed to use... but never tried ! That seemed so obvious... :D

4 - Iron temple : Solved !!!!! As simple........

5 - Iron temple :
Ok. Problem : I found the scroll "you have learned our wisdom". If this refer to the special move I did (see?), I tried it with the door behind high priest door, but that didn't do anything... Is there an object to use (don't remember what I found on the alcove... :( )
PM me for the object if there is any to use ! :)

6 - Iron temple : Ho... well...

7 - Emerald level : Ok !

8 - Various weapons : Ok, noted ! :)

9 - Master thief and treasury :
You should have tried ! Try to pick the lock, he will make you a proposition. Release him, give him what he wants... and see ! ;)
Have you killed him and successfully opened the treasure door ?

ZYX : Problem is you can't chase him ! After some tricks that makes you unable to chase him immediatly, he escape behind the treasure door, closing it behind him, and you can't reach him anymore !
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

He falls through a pit, so you can look for him in the ... sewers I think?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Iron temple - The wisdom is specifically stated when you find it - there are two paths to it that are the focus of the temple
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

Sorry bepwuuf still didn't get it ... :(
I followed several path (tao, and so on...) falled into the purple invocation room, went upstairs (same trick as the scroll) but this still didn't help me........
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Both the paths lead to a set of stairs that join at an altar, the final test - if you manage to get a scroll saying 'you have our wisom', with a spell and an item that spell produces, then you have their wisdom

If you hang on to the item, or can re-create that item, then you can open the door
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

AGHAST !
The solution was so obvious !
"You have learned our WISDOM" ; and I must put an OBJECT into the alcove, an object that I can recreate myself !
How the hell did I missed such an evidence ! (Guess what ? I preciouslyl conserved the 'item', suspecting it will be usefull at one time... how stupid I am ! ) :)

More on that : I passed the door, then;
Is there anything valuable /usefull beyond the door (not talking about the stupid key/gold/watheveridontremmeber thingies) ?
Do I have to make something with the bones ? When I took them, the gold door close... and what's the purpose of the black door ???? I suspect a masterpiece riddle there ! :)

Ho, btw, FURX, once 'fixed', is a coooool weapon ! :)
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

snichele wrote:Ho, btw, FURX, once 'fixed', is a coooool weapon ! :)
Told ya! :)

As for the master thief, I don't have Iaido in my party, so no picking the lcck. I had the appropriate key though, but maybe I'll try this again with the lockpicks just to see. Conflux has lots of little fun details like this. I wonder how many I have missed...
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Damn !

I can't find the way down to the spiked dragon (small room with emerald door). I'm looking in the spider lair, but i might be confused.

Anyway, the spider lair is so infested it's almost unplayable.
What Is Your Quest ?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

To all who have unplayable spiders level, could you send me a savegame at
bprieu at yahoo.com
, so I can check if some mechanism went wrong, and to which extent the level is infested?
(the spiders are supposed to crowd the place if you disturb too long their lair, but within controled bounds. Once you have a certain level of firepower, they're not a threat anymore.).
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Mine is still playable, it's just very tough.

I don't have firepower yet, and there should be some mechanics to make the population go down when the player is absent for a long time.

Any hint about finding my way back to the yellow spiked dragon ?
What Is Your Quest ?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I think you should look for the tomb of druafang from the crypt.

>there should be some mechanics to make the population go down when the player is absent for a long time.
good idea
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

No hint with the time machine ? What must I do in this strange place ? What's the purpose of that black door ???

znx ! ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There is no real thing to get apart from an emerald key

Tere is, perhaps, some reason for the future machine with one of the endings, but nothing you will usually encounter

Just take the point for getting into it, and heed the warning of not minding the little things - and ducking fireballs :D
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Zyx wrote:I think you should look for the tomb of druafang from the crypt.
You mean close to Lich Vecna ?
What Is Your Quest ?
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

No, it's on the other side of the level (the east side.)

You can access it from a pit in the mine, or through a fake wall in the crypt. From there, there are stairs to get down to the spike dragon. Once you are done with that bit a wall should open to the rest of the spider level and remain open, but not before.

As for the time machine, it's useful if you lose a party member's bones and need some spares. Or if you play with an incomplete party and want to see some neat bugs. ;)
(I think the access to the time machine should be restricted to parties of 4 instead of just having the warning at the door that bugs will occur.)
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

I could find the dwarven obituary hall, but i don't remember were are the darn stairs.
What Is Your Quest ?
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Spoiler Alert.

There is no easy access from the D.O.H. that I recall. Druafang's tomb is secret, hence separate. If you can find the altar of the assault then go east three or five squares, then close your eyes and go north until you bump into a wall.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

:? It seemed to me it was far easier to reach than that !

Are we talking about the same dragon ? The yellow one that sends thorns ?

And I'm sure that the Obituary Hall is East of the crypt "pillar hall" :D
What Is Your Quest ?
snichele
Apprentice

Post by snichele »

More, more questions ! :)
Altar of assault : Insane fight ! Is this beatable or not ?
The arrogant : Is this room useful ? There is a (RA) lock nearby, I didn't succeded lockpicking it...
The crypt : Does this level contains some inestimable treasures ? I find it really really hard....
Ew spell : I can't cast it. My wizards are [] masters but still needs "more practice with this spell". Explanation ? :p

There is a scroll on a staff that went "through the pipe". How can I find it ??? (I looked hard in the sewers....)
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Joramund, you're right, the obituary hall is indeed on the east side, my bad. Well the tomb of Druafang is south of it but there is no passage from there. The easiest way I can think of to get to it is falling down the right pit in the mines. It's not like there are that many pits in the mines, come on!

snichele:

Altar of the Assault: totally beatable, but it takes some time. Rushing the monsters is likely to result in a total party kill.
The Arrogant: Room is as useful as you make it. As for the lock, the name of the room is a hint.
Treasures in the Crypt. I think the Dwarven song has it described best.
Gold, gold gold gold gold gold gold
Gold gold, gold gold gold
Gold gold, gold, gold gold gold, gold
Gold gold gold, gold gold.

Ew spell: can't recall. Are you sure it's ew? Anyways, most spells like that won't work until you reach a certain priest of wizard level and then will work practically every time.

Scroll through the pipe: it's not in the sewers, look in the cellar instead. Let's say it's a treasure hunt. Did you find a treasure map?