Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

With the luck game something got opened closeby or something appeared for you....I forget which.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Cool, definitely publish the movie and remove the saves. I don't know if I have any writing skills but I would know better than anyone else what I was doing step by step. I can write a commentary at some point but I am away from tomorrow until the 1st of Sept so it will probably have to be after that.
Zaggo
Neophyte

Post by Zaggo »

Hi everybody,

I'm new on here and struggling with a couple of puzzles, can anybody give me a couple of hints ( I did search through 38 pages in this thread without an answer):

1. The more supplies for the strong, I opened this once but have no idea how to do it again.

2. The grate and curtains by the rock shooting fountain, I opened the grate with the button, but what now?

Thanks.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

1. There is a map detailing how you arrive close to the area, which you might have found if you were thirsty for knowledge. If you can locate the starting point (on that level) and follow the path, then you should find the block for the more supplies for the strong is removed and you can venture down in search of the long lost wand...

2. The grate is not the end of the puzzle, you are looking to open up an area beyond all the hazes and pits and switches. Screamers dwell here, but so too does a certain vinegar you may require for the flask quest. The area is tricky, but you may well be able to solve it fully and get alot of useful stuff and a quick way back to the celler
Zaggo
Neophyte

Post by Zaggo »

Thirsty for knowledge, good one!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I couldn't think how to say it otherwise :D

Edit: and welcome to the forums, btw!
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Zaggo: for your second question, click everywhere, try everything, you aren't done with that area until you have opened a wall that leads you further (you should meet chewer trees in that new area). The switch (switches? I can't remember) is extremely hard to find. I get frustrated just thinking about this area and it has been a long time since I was confronted with it.
Zaggo
Neophyte

Post by Zaggo »

Parallax,

Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to find the answer to the "more supplies" area. I've actually followed the exact path of the map from one "landmark" and ended at another, but think it's pure coincidence and they're not the correct ones!

Zag
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

the more supplies is beyond that...just carry on forwards after you reach the end of the map and you should find the area again
Zaggo
Neophyte

Post by Zaggo »

Boy do I feel stupid! It was there allright. The part that was getting me was having it close again when I did another puzzle!

Thanks, onward ho!

Zag
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

You can find Antman's movie at:

http://www.dianneandpaul.net/CSBwin/Con ... tMovie.rar

There are three .BAT files to play the
movie at various speeds.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

What does Antman do there ? Why is this such a difficult task?*
I would like to see some kind of summary or comments on it.
This would help me understand what is going on,
since it is all rather very quick.
*Stat wise, I know but others maybe not... What was the goal??
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

z wrote:I would like to see some kind of summary
Antman has promised a blow-by-blow
description of his adventure when he
gets back from somewhere (vacation?).
Around early September.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

ok, then it's all right :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Basically, the malficent guild start with 1 in all stats. They drain food and water fast, can barely move, hit, attack, etc

The skill is building them up enough and then being able to use them at high levels. It is an epic feat that zyx did not even know is possible!

ALL HAIL ANTMAN! :D
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

On an orchestra course at the moment but back at barracks on the 1st of September hopefully.

But to some it up briefly, there is an ending in ConfluxIII that is only reachable with the Maleficent Guild because you need the Bone Doll which you only get once you have chosen all four Maleficent guild characters. It's mainly difficult because of the terrible stats, you have 1 in everything except stamina I think including strength, wisdom, vitality etc. There's also some places where extra monsters are generated and the ending is hard to find. I think to truly appreciate it you have to have played ConfluxIII before, or maybe tried a game with the Maleficent guild.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I cheated a game of the mal guild ending back in II, and got as far as passed the invisible guardian in III (forget the version) before other matters distracted me
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

impressive!
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

I just had a look at the download of the movie. Zoom, I think everything is so fast because all the movies automatically start with quickplay on for some reason. This can be removed under the 'misc' tab so you can watch them at a watchable speed. I'll get around to writing about it in the weekend hopefully.

Beo, you got past the emerald guardian?! My god that thing is almost invincible in a normal game, luckily, he can be bypassed. I suppose you could freeze time or telefrag him I guess.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

all the movies automatically start with quickplay
Sorry about that. I fixed it.

Just edit the 'play.bat' file and remove the

Code: Select all

quick=999999
option
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Antman wrote:Beo, you got past the emerald guardian?! My god that thing is almost invincible in a normal game, luckily, he can be bypassed. I suppose you could freeze time or telefrag him I guess.
As you say, he can be bypassed. I think I lured myself into a corner, then made a run at the emerald locks. The trick was then getting the scorpion out and sneaking through, I think there was somethign with a lever you could do to lock the way....or maybe I just ran. Trouble was, I forgot an item or something, and the run ended with me unable to get back and forward again - the guardian was in the door by the ashes, and that was that :(
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

True, running passed him would be hard as well. You probably forgot a galfisilvr or something but I think you can teleport of there by picking those ashes you mentioned and moving out of the alcove. Otherwise, if you go in that area without going through the emerald guardian, you could get permanently stuck with no way out. It could possibly happen anyway if go there too many times and run out of ashes to teleport with. You get teleported to the corridor just before the emerald guardian where you have to eat the ashes.
Zaggo
Neophyte

Post by Zaggo »

I've got a question about the mines. I did the one,two,three,four plates in order, but I'm not sure what I should find. I got to the hidden room with the scary looking guy with short legs, grabbed the bag and ran (ouch, ouch, ouch fireballs!!), but cannot find the fur trader. Could someone help me out on this? Also, the door in the unstable area, do I need a solid key?

Thanks!

Edit:

Duh, never mind about the fur trader, found it!
megar
Journeyman

Post by megar »

The 1 2 3 4 switch grant you access to the dwarven treasure, it seems you already got it.
You don't need to open the solid key door (see the wiki here : http://dmwiki.atomas.com/wiki/Conflux/P ... arven_Maze). Once you opened the access to the dwarven treasure, you gain access to the shortcut (the one with the fireballs)
Zaggo wrote:I've got a question about the mines. I did the one,two,three,four plates in order, but I'm not sure what I should find. I got to the hidden room with the scary looking guy with short legs, grabbed the bag and ran (ouch, ouch, ouch fireballs!!), but cannot find the fur trader. Could someone help me out on this? Also, the door in the unstable area, do I need a solid key?
T0Mi
Expert

Post by T0Mi »

Just recently started a new game with Iaido. And many things seem to have changed in bugfix5. But I somehow can't put my fingers on it. Beside the 'feel', it seems there are some sounds I havn't heard before (rusters and rats). And the trollins are able to throw their clubs right through other enemies(?). Overall it feels a bit more difficult than in my last run with Leif as a starting char. I had food problems at the beginning. Just wasn't strong enough to kill enough chewers in that training area in the cellar. On the other hand I quickly got enough maces and shurikans to reach the guild leaders.

I'm eagerly looking forward to see what has changed in the levels below. I'll do it step by step, other than in my first run, in which I (by sheer luck mostly) descented quickly to Moria and grabbed that funeral waraxe. Also I think I will use the wiki to find out about things I've missed. I didn't do that in my first run, just to find out, how many points I could get with little or no help. (ended up having a lousy 96 score and solved Halks' and Gothmogs' ending, but wasn't able to solve that riddle with the "golem must step/stay on plate" part (Mophus) to get that last missing elemental to get the edge for the steel beast(?). Maybe Leyla's diamond edge can do something. Just had her added to Iaido today. So I'm not that far yet. Havn't even killed a single skeleton. What makes me wonder: the diamond edge very seldomly hurts the enemies. The "hit badly" sound is there, but no damage is done. Is this intentional?
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

"Is this intentional?"
yep. You have to be high ninja level for the diamond edge to be
effective in hurting.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

After a "failed" attempt with the maleficient guild
(it's on my old dying comp. with the party probably trapped in a way overdifficult area)

I'm making a solo run with Gando on bugfix5.

I like the new special helm. It is just crazy !

I can't seem to find the funereal dagger, and I'm wondering if I've not stupidly thrown it to the fur traders !!!!
That would be a restart condition !

Anyway, I'm somewhat far (with respect to my old 4 guides party) :
I've got the dragon-furxer, a funereal needle and a funereal waraxe.
I deeply miss a true anti-golem weapon, even though the axe is ok.
I'm collecting unique items and keys right now, down in Moria, Emerald and Council level.

Conflux is the ideal game for sick-bed-ridden weekend !
(I hate autumn-cold ! )
What Is Your Quest ?
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Finally had a kind lady help me figure how to save games on C3. Now I've found my first New Life For Old Bones (DM memory) spot. This is a trick-filled game.

Oh, how do I access the passwords from the scrolls I find?
"Wuuf's big brother"
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

One of the read mes tells you the website you need to go to in order to input the password

What was the solution in the end?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

The readme is out of date I think, the website to go to is here:

http://dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/conflux3maps/