Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zyx
DSA Master

Re: Conflux III discussion thread - potential spoilers

Post by Zyx »

It's just a dream but I'm certain it's doable with CSBwin, and probably with DSB (which I don't know enough). Could it be a team project?...

Anyway, you're welcome! Feedback will be appreciated, as always!
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Splatmania wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:20 pm You don't think small do you mate ;)
thanks again
Ha. I just had the most stimulating thought... What if the thoughts we're getting from Zyx are while he is taking his MEDS???
Sorry Zyx. You know how much I appreciate you. I just couldn't help myself. By the way...where'd MY meds run off to???

Back to the Conflux dungeon. :mrgreen:
"Wuuf's big brother"
Splatmania
Novice

Post by Splatmania »

I think what I like most was struggling to find somewhere a second time and finding even more places while you were looking for the first one. Never had that problem so much in the other dungeons I've played. I had two A4 pages going at one point with things to find. Still got half a page left even now and I've probably got more to find I don't even know about yet! Loving it (but the misses isn't!)
Phoenix
Expert

Post by Phoenix »

Good to see you Zyx!

Conflux is, for the most part, a non-linear dungeon. For the top nine levels, you go up, you go down. Below that are 55 levels of overlaping realms. Some levels are devoted to one thing and are only accessible by teleport and Guildmasters. You can walk down a hallway and end up on another level entirely. The altars in the Crypt (level 5) all transport to levels in the 30's and 40's. All of this makes it hard to map. The map scrolls help a big deal, but Moria takes a while to learn.It's even harder if you don't sacrifice gems to open the "gem cross" doors.

Is there any particular thing or place you are looking to get back to Splatmania? By my count there are about 91 unique items that one can acquire, some only briefly though.
Splatmania
Novice

Post by Splatmania »

Thanks for the offer Phoenix but I don't want to spoiler the fun too quick with all this time I have to play with now. Well that and the fact what Zyx is talking about isn't going to be finish this year even if he does start now! I well come a calling if I get close to giving up!!

Once question how ever what is that place called with all the crosses and names of all involved to FTL, Zyx etc etc... Nothing to find other than the grave markers?
Phoenix
Expert

Post by Phoenix »

That's the Priest's Guild's cemetary. There's no other official name for it. There's a skeleton lock down there which leads to a gold key locked door. Behind that door is another skeleton key, but opening that passage offers an advantage for later in the game. The Chamber of Oblivion (home of Death) is also located on that level. There's a hidden passage that will allow you a quick escape from the level if you have unlocked the skeleton lock.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Phoenix wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:39 pm That's the Priest's Guild's cemetary. There's no other official name for it. There's a skeleton lock down there which leads to a gold key locked door. Behind that door is another skeleton key, but opening that passage offers an advantage for later in the game. The Chamber of Oblivion (home of Death) is also located on that level. There's a hidden passage that will allow you a quick escape from the level if you have unlocked the skeleton lock.
Thanks for mentioning this, Phoenix.

I thought I was losing a gold key to get that 'other' skeleton key. Should have known there was a method to Zyx's madness.
Still wish I could 'keep' that extra skeleton key, however. I'm a hoarder.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Phoenix
Expert

Post by Phoenix »

There are many gold keys, but there are only a few skeleton locks. The only skeleton lock I don't open is the one in the guard room in Moria.

I'm also collector whenever I play Conflux, so I don't eat any food except worm rounds, chewer pods, cooked eggs, and steaks. I save all purses and icewinds. The guildhall at the end of my game is filled with all the unique items, weapons, armor, scrolls, clothing, wines, blast spores and vinegars. I usually have almost two bags of gold keys and one bag of emerald keys.

The only item I don't save is Zo potions. I drink the MON strength versions and feed Thirst for Death with the low powered ones.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

So little strength and so much power...made of the same thing as this door...
Did I miss something here? I tried a gold key and a gold coin in every niche and hole, plus the picture of a key.
Should I be using something else to open this door?

I spent a lot of time underwater, seeking out the Coral pants/armor. Met some powerful creatures I hadn't seen before, so it was worth the effort.
I pushed every door button and lever I could find. finally killed a crab-like creature and found out he'd been hauling that pair of armored/healing pants around the place. Ha.

Are there any other interesting things underwater, or was this section of the game expressly for the retrieval of those britches?

The bald-headed guy with the dark robe: I stopped at the oracle and decided to do 'hand-to-hand' combat with this guy.
I'm either incorrect, thinking I have to defeat him empty-handed, or he takes a lot of damage.

One other thing keeps me confused: The gongs (seven?). I've spent a lot of time running around the area, waiting for the right number of gongs. Still haven't seen anything significant happen. :?:
"Wuuf's big brother"
Phoenix
Expert

Post by Phoenix »

re: So little strength and so much power

That's an Emerald door.

re: Aquatana
Spoiler
The feral pendant is located in Aquatana, and there is a riddle in the far north-east. The main goal is to get the Coral poleyn and 5 points towards the Challenge. Wearing the poleyn will add 4 points to Vitality and start to regenerate health points.

Re: baldy
That's Solune, the Dark Councilor and he is immune to weapons, spells, and ninja attacks. Did you ever investigate the alcove with the sun plate where he was trapped?

Re: Oracle
When you press the Fate button, the Oracle tells you that your Fate awaits you in a distant place. The Oracle will the tell you the location you need to reach and how long you have to get there. The number of gongs it gives you is generally way more than you will need to get there, but you need to reach the exact location and be standing there when the final gong rings.
Spoiler
If you are standing at the right place at the right time you will hear a monk chant and the Emerald of Fate will appear on the floor.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

I've looked all around the Sun Plate (dark counselor). Haven't figured it out yet.

Using Emerald Keys: I've used a bunch. Down to one, so I may not use it on that door, unless there's a good place to replenish?
I'm still kind of sorry I used two opening the doors to be able to make activated bomb-spores. I don't use them, so I figure they could have been used more wisely.

I still have a number of doors I haven't gotten to open, in the halls near the canteen.

By the way, after the one key you get by emptying the canteen. Am I wasting my time 'keeping' those alcoves cleaned out?
I've removed the food from all four about a (large number) times. Nothing ever shows up. I hate to waste time there, if there's never going to be anything else show up.

I used that 'duplicator' to make a second Vorpal Blade.
I'm still thinking a duplicate Leviathon Axe would have been a better choice. Other than the obvious set-backs of the weapon, it really does a good amount of damage. If the duplicate 'loses' the disadvantages, it surely would have come in handy.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Phoenix
Expert

Post by Phoenix »

Re: Sun plate

You didn't see the button?

re: Am I wasting my time 'keeping' those alcoves cleaned out?

Yes. There are many things in Conflux that you can only do once.

re: Duplicator

The duplicator only produces normal weapons. A duplicated Leviathon won't do as much damage as the unique one. Leviathon only works very well without penalty if you have Sonja wielding it.

There are only two vorpal blades in the main part of Conflux. The only other two vorpal blades can only be obtained through Mophus and Leyla's quests. The one in Leyla's quest is a bit of work to get, and if you try Mophus's quest, you need every champion to have one.

Caliburn and Furx are the best weapons.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

I guess I'm missing the button near the sunplate. I even turned the sound up a bit, in case I was not hearing something.

Odd thing, I don't believe I've come into contact with the Furx blade. I'm a hoarder, so I don't see how I could have misplaced it either.
"Wuuf's big brother"
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

MasterWuuf wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:30 pm I guess I'm missing the button near the sunplate. I even turned the sound up a bit, in case I was not hearing something.

Odd thing, I don't believe I've come into contact with the Furx blade. I'm a hoarder, so I don't see how I could have misplaced it either.
I came across, again, the 'room of illusions' area. When I walk through the grate-door and the fake wall, I find a closed grate-door. Is it possible to open that door?
"Wuuf's big brother"
Phoenix
Expert

Post by Phoenix »

Re: Sun plate
Spoiler
There are two sun plates in that room. The recessed one has a button right above the sun face.
Re: Furx
Spoiler
You need to further explore the Blackcrypt section of the Crypt.
Re: room of illusions

No, that gate cannot be opened.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

The second sun plate is behind the monolith, right? After trying to get around that 'hunk of stone for a number of times, I still haven't figured how to get to that spot. Is it something simple?
"Wuuf's big brother"
Phoenix
Expert

Post by Phoenix »

Yes. I'm a little confused by your last post since you have stated previously that you had been trying to fight Solune. If you had, you would have only been able to if you had removed the monlith.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Phoenix wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:55 am Yes. I'm a little confused by your last post since you have stated previously that you had been trying to fight Solune. If you had, you would have only been able to if you had removed the monlith.
I found a way to the back stairs before I addressed that monolith, so I was waddling around the place, not realizing what I was missing. I guess I could have removed that obstacle by standing at the stairs and moving off them after each shot I fired. I didn't think of that. Instead, I went down the stairs and back up the stairs with the hole in the way. The monolith was just out of sight from there. Ha. I kept sending lightning, then checking to see if poison clouds would go beyond the monolith. It didn't take long to realize what a 'second or third rate' dungeoneer I am. :roll:

Even made a quick trip down to fight my way to the keyhole, then on to the iron grate door and my unsolved need to 'call the guardian' for some, surely, unpleasant discussion, disagreement or confrontation?
"Wuuf's big brother"
Phoenix
Expert

Post by Phoenix »

MasterWuuf wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:47 pm I guess I could have removed that obstacle by standing at the stairs and moving off them after each shot I fired. I didn't think of that. Instead, I went down the stairs and back up the stairs with the hole in the way. The monolith was just out of sight from there. Ha. I kept sending lightning, then checking to see if poison clouds would go beyond the monolith.
Lightning and poison clouds can only go through iron gates. It sounds like you found the right area though.
Spoiler
When you are standing on the top of the stairs there and can see the monolith, there is an alcove with a sapphire and a blue button. That button removes the monolith.
Splatmania
Novice

Post by Splatmania »

OK I've found the picture of some dude just before the an ending
"Impossible you are the only spiritual body of a sorcerer" or some such
is that you Zyx?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I can't remember! Probably. But you did reach me. I didn't go designing further than this point. So I decided to put some kind of "zyx was here" and tzimtzum!, to retire.
You really must have explored the dungeon for a long time!
Splatmania
Novice

Post by Splatmania »

At a guess mate you have taken well over 100+ hours of my life...but thanks as I enjoyed every minute!

Just luck I found it...
You can get there pretty quick via the ladder in the priest guild then through the wall I had opened from the other side
A trick wall behind a statue I stuck some different eggs in alcoves to open the door and followed down way deep. Found you at bottom after one of each monster none that hard however.

More to find i am sure' just say thanks again for the fun but I still think it is a pity you are not still adding to it be 100 levels+ by now!!
Phoenix
Expert

Post by Phoenix »

"Impossible... You are the only spiritual body of a sorcerer. You cannot see me" is the message you get when you look at Calcium(dust).

Looks like you found the zoo. Unfortunately, 64 levels is the maximum with CSBbuild.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Looks like an error!
Splatmania
Novice

Post by Splatmania »

More than one mate if it's taken 100 hours + lol
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Well, it should say "You're only the spiritual body of a sorcerer! You cannot see me!" and it shouldn't appear when you look at calcium!
Anyway, enjoy!
Phoenix
Expert

Post by Phoenix »

What should calcium show? There is a bug with titanium and sulfur. If you mix them you get titanic phosphate instead of titanic sulfate.

The ConfluxTech page has also disappeared from the wiki...
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I think there's no text for calcium. Does the titanic sulfate bug cancel an important alchemy path?
I don't know about the ConfluxTech...
Phoenix
Expert

Post by Phoenix »

I haven't found titanic sulfate in the dungeon, even in the ancient alchemy lab. It means you can't create one of the thorns (Magic of the Ancient One).
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

So, I plunged the bald-headed guy to his doom and picked up a 'pet' and the shining-gem key.

Waded through the horde of unfriendly folks (had to hammer one guy before he darkened the place to pitch black)
and opened the door to the 'summon the guardian' section.
That section was easier than I figured was possible, so I was able to get past the grate door.

I went down the stairs...only to find an energy gate and what appears to be another gate on the other side.
I tried all the walls and tried pounding and blasting the energy gate.

Now I'm scratching my head, figuring I'm missing something important.
The scroll tells me the name of the gate but gives no 'seemingly' important info,
in regard to getting past the gates. :cry:

P.S. Is the completion of the game possible, without solving the area that needs the floor cleaned?
"Wuuf's big brother"