Stranded in Conflux HELP

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Oh, And I only saw 1st LOTR and dint like it much. Better see the others I guess. My nephew swears the 3rd one is the greatest all time.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Actually, it is enough if you watched the first one - remember the scene in the mines with that big fire-demon? Conflux actually mimics that part - the Antmen are supposed to be the thousands of orcs.
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Thx trantor, At least I won't waste any more time and food on him.

Possibly a little cryptic ! Go on tell me ! Just once. I deserve one blatant hint surely. Ive sweated blood getting this far Lol
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

The scorpion is blocking your way. You need to push it aside. But how?
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

"That big fire demon" is called the Balrog, Trant ;).
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I think Trant was describing the demon rather than naming it because it seemed that Froud didn't recognize the scene...
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Thanks for the explanation Zyx. ;)
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Just talk amongst yourselves while I get bitten repeatedly by this cursed scorpion ! Incidentally those 4 knights who I assume to be greedy. Also invincible ?
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Horn of fear ? am I on the right lines ?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Good idea. Anything else that invokes fear will also work. But the real problem with the scorpion is some sort of barrier he cannot pass... You need to help him with that.
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Ah ha And stick him in the vacated rat cage. Now this barrier ....
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Rat cage, no. But the kind of barrier is the right one. "Removing" such a barrier is harder in Conflux than in DM, though...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I always find ven works better than horn of fear personally, but yes, you need to push him away. I forget if the rat cage is closeable - there are other avenues for you 'vast collection of spells' if you have the right one : )

The knights aren't greedy, just evil - the 'greedy four' maybe refers to something else...

Enjoy the 'easy' mampang while you can - it will get harder next release!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Mampang getting harder? What are you talking about Beo? ... OMG NOOOO!!! I WILL NEVER GET OUT OF THE LOOP TRAP!!! ...um ...nevermind...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, forgetting you are playtesting, aren't you? : )

Yeah, don't yah just hate all these people who can just walk up the stairs into Mampang.... they don't know *twitch*
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Just play testing uh ! I wondered why it was all so easy.

Just a slight hiccup. This room with the holes, the ashes and the pit that opens. Going down the pit reduces life expectancy to 3 seconds. Any tips to improve my longevity ?

When I said easy I actually meant really difficult of course !
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Put bluntly: The lower your life expectancy, the worse you did at the hole puzzle. Whenever you touch the wrong hole, something that doesn't like you is generated down there. I've learned this the hard way. I was just too lazy to figure out the perfectly logical puzzle and randomly pressed the walls there, so I also had a hard time down the pit. If you can't survive, try loading an older savegame and solve the puzzle.
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Lol Fair enough. I must have had the lowest ever score at the hole puzzle, judging by the milling throngs of my reception committee down the pit. Ho hum, back we go and try again.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No, trantor and I have playtested the newer one, is what I meant - so there are added things, but the general 'ease' is about the same.

It is a perfectly logical puzzle the hole puzzle and I love it! I never realsied the anti-cheating mechanism until someone else mentioned it!
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

Ohhh, so that's why the knights ended up down that pit! I thought "hang on, I've just proven my innocence and now I am being attacked!". Good thing I had a well-trained Leif and Halk on my team :lol:
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

You actually fought off the knights Ian, Very impressive. I was getting wiped out in seconds.

Managed a perfect score on the holes second time ! That Mampang Archmaster dude was a bit of a wimp btw. Toughen him up a bit in the proper version !

Somehow ended up at the very start again. Never mind, its fun now with master wizards and fighters. Those tough monsters are looking a bit sick now.

Could I suggest a different save system. I.E more save slots and capability to name them. It can be hard to remember whats what at 2.30 am and Ive lost a few good save positions. Also a slightly misplaced click can save on the wrong slot.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, you are playign theproper version - there is just a new version comign out soon.

For the saved game system you propose you need RTC

I doubt Paul will edit the saved game system any mroe than he already has - be glad that the four saved game slots were incorporated at all (the work of someone else, and then Paul integrating it into the engine - the original game is one slot only.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Also a slightly misplaced click can save on the wrong slot.
It isn't that bad, is it? I thought it makes a backup for you. I suppose
we could do like CSBuild and make 10 backups.

Would you all prefer that we use a "Save-As" dialog so you can
name the savegame whatever you please. I left it as it was
because I was afraid that people might not like my changing
the look-and-feel of the save system.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Personally I'm happy with the saved game system as is (though glad there are four slots), and never had a problem with mis-saving saved games! Well, you know, unless I instinctively hit the save squarely in the wrong slot. But even then there are the .bak files
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

The save system is fine. Its the player (me) at fault ! I just accidentally overwrote 2 save positions I had carefully nurtured. Teach me to play at 2.30 AM I guess. I have no idea how hard it would be to create more save slots, not being a programming type. I suppose the more the merrier in general.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

You actually fought off the knights Ian, Very impressive. I was getting wiped out in seconds.
Quite easy with an EE Master Fighter and Sonja's axe. There is a really easy way to avoid them altogether. You would probably need the likes of Tiggy or Gothmog in your party though...
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

My certificate of innocence has EXPIRED !

The winged key I sacrificed so much for. The lock is JAMMED !

Zyx you are a bad bad person ! (you are responsible I take it, if not apologies ! )

Anyway, This golem room. How do I get out of this alcove. Ive done everything humanly possible with bones, cheese, sar wine and onyx keys.

Also, not killed any golem yet. Except for dropping a couple down a pit. Whats good for killing them ?
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Ok Just killed one. By repeated fireballing. Are they all this tough ?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Yes, Zyx is evil, he is actually an evil demon that feeds upon the tears and cries of frustrated DM players... But shh, don't tell anyone!

The certificate is indeed expired, so try to get a new one.

There is more than one Winged Lock in the dungeon - for the jammed one, you need a certain talented ninja...

I'm certainly no expert on Golems whatsoever. I think I once figured out how to get out of the alcove, but sadly don't remember how. It could be that the Magic Eye needs "proof" you have died there.
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Thanks Trantor. Yes the "proof" worked.

Lets hope I have the "certain" ninja when the time comes !