Stranded in Conflux HELP

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Froud
Artisan

Stranded in Conflux HELP

Post by Froud »

Apologies if this is not the right forum for Conflux.

In a room, somewhere. Can't be more precise Im afraid !

4 alcoves with HEAPS of food. Which is good, but no way out which is bad.

Lock on wall, seems to be for RA key but no such key in my possession.

Killed quite a few Vexirks hoping for a key but none yet. Is this the end of the line ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

That's what moderatators are for

You are in the canteen of the council level. Lots of food, see what I meant earlier! You are on the council level. You may not remember RA locks in CSB? If not, you may remember the solution to your last problem? If not, you should perhaps check the room a little more thouroughly than you have...you aren't looking for a key.
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Ok Thanks. Should have head butted a few walls b4 asking !

Been at this hours. Just like the old days. On the point of extinction so many times, but just managing to crawl on.
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

P.S Do I EVER get a flask in this game ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes. There was a quest for the flask in the cellar, there could be flasks incidentally at the end of certain other parts - some close to where you are. But don't expected to be overburdened by them. Somewhere in between DM and CSB for flasks, biased to CSB : )
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

maybe the captain has one, I don't remember...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ah, he might do ... but then there's the fun of getting into his room!
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Thx guys. The captain uh ? *Scratches chin thoughtfully* Right Im on his case ! No more staggering around, mumbeling meaningless spells and crashing down pits into ever increasing confusion. A mission in life.

P.S Beo, Ive read the instructions this time, so Ive some idea of what my wider aims are !
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Did you read the new runes definitions? Might help you with that insane mumbling : )
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

I did read it, but my understanding is er... flawed to say the least :oops:

Figured out a few including lightning bolt which is coming in handy but cant make sense of some of the scrolls. Can't identify some of the runes.

Life was much easier with a nice numeric list from a magazine !

Just to get me going. Kindly decipher ew vi zo in easy terms ie 1454 would be a low level fireshield in DM/CSB. I know my wisdom rating must seem to be hovering at or just below zero but take pity.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Not sure if I understand you correctly Froud, but "EW VI ZO" is not a spell. Both VI and ZO are "second syllables" - VI is the one that creates a healing potion in DM/CSB, and ZO is the one that opens doors. VI is 2, and ZO is 6. EW, however, is a "third syllable", the second one to be precise (all counting from left to right).

Conflux actually gets a bit easier once you obtain a flask. Well, "easier" may be the wrong word... "Less frustrating" is more appropriate.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The rune explaination in conflux names all the runes in order.

power = lo um on ee pal mon
element = ya vi oh ful des zo
form = ven ew kath ir bro gor
alignment = ku ros dain neta ra sar

Beware, there is one scroll in conflux that isn't listing a spell (zo vi ew isn't a spell)
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Right Trantor. I thought it didnt make sense.

I found it on a scroll which read:

"Resurrection spell"

"ew vi zo"

"mages" (or something like that I cant read it clearly)

"Help me"
"many secrets"
"i know"

Nothing for it but some intense studying of runes !
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, that's the scroll - it's a puzzle, not a stright spell - not sure if it works. I know what should make it work, but I haven't made it work... experiemnt then move on to other thigns
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Thats a relief. It means Im just a bit lazy in reading up on the runes, rather than completely stupid and unable to understand the simplest thing ! Thought the runes didnt make sense but assumed it was a new Conflux spell system.

Mind you Ive been carting round a ven egg for hours under the impression it was vitally important and just found about a million more. So jury still out on my intelligence.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It was vitally important - you know, in the cellar to get a flask. Later, then are useful for...other things... Keep experimenting and keep your eyes open!
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Oh right Lol. I will put "return to cellar" on my to do list.

BTW Mummies that poison ? Oh puh-lease.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Dirt under their nails, Froud.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yup, those bad boys are ancient man - do you know how bad their halitosis is by now! Plus they never wash their rags

"My mother is on my oar it makes it hard to row..."?
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Ok Enough might be enough. Been many places, killed many creatures. Now stuck in large area with no food or water. Might have to go back to earlier save game which will really kill my interest as 5 hours wasted.

"Knock friend and enter" Ive entered this area from two directions and as you know the Antmen are ridiculously abundant.

I assume this is something to do with this alphabet wall thingy. Ive knocked out "friend" "friend and enter" But still countless hoards of Anty dudes.

Any suggestions ?

Amazing game, but sheer numbers of creatures turn it into a war of attrition alot of the time. which can be irritating rather than challenging.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

You're in the Moria.
There shouldn't be so many antmen, unless you threw a certain object through a certain pit.
A good place to fight them back is inside the tumb of Balin, using the doors and ven clouds.
However, they should be limited in number. That's worrying. I assume you are playing version II.j, right?

Anyway, killing them is pointless. Their fearsome chief may be worth the trouble to be fought, though, but you'll have to find the way to get rid of it.
And before wasting a unique key, make sure you explored everything first...

A last warning... the Moria is a maze. Unless you have a dwarf with you, you should start drawing a map. Otherwise you may never escape.
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Version j yeah. The bones down the pit uh ? Doh There are hundreds of them (No exaggeration) Poison clouds have killed scores and scores but plenty more to take their place.

Been trailing round the general area for hours. Cannot find a way out to stock up with food. My duo are shagged out now. No way back.

Have to go back to the previous save tomorrow and try something different.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Could you send me your savegame? I'd like to see if the monster generation is broken. Besides, I could tell you the nearest exit.
bprieu _at_ yahoo .dot. com
dungeon.master
Artisan

Post by dungeon.master »

Froud wrote:Version j yeah. The bones down the pit uh ? Doh There are hundreds of them (No exaggeration) Poison clouds have killed scores and scores but plenty more to take their place.

Been trailing round the general area for hours. Cannot find a way out to stock up with food. My duo are shagged out now. No way back.

Have to go back to the previous save tomorrow and try something different.
Same problem for me :(
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Hmmm, in my game of conflux i remember killing hundreds of them, possibly thousands, for a few hours trying to single out the commander and they eventually ran out. You need alot of food and water, or many flasks for YA potions, i would look at my old save and count the clubs, but it got deleted :(
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I remember fighting hundreds of them but they didn't seem to appear every time I entered the Moria. Maybe I was carrying a dodgy item that kicked it all off, or I stole an item from somewhere.
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Thx Zyx, Ive overwritten the save game already though. When I get back to the area I will see if the same thing happens. Was it the bones that might have caused the problem ? I will try with and without chucking them down the pit.

Apart from that problem Ive been loving this game. Not played for hour after hour after hour on anything else for years !
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You obviously haven't watch LOTR recently then? : )
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

K Quick question if anyones here. Is this scorpion just inside Mampangs Tower indestructible and I need to look for a clever way of killing it. Or shall I just keep bashing away at it.

BTW Beo, You should SEE the vast selection of spells Ive assembled. Damn impressive if I say so myself !
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

That scorpion is indeed invincible. You have to find some other tactic to get past him... The tactic isn't hard to guess, but it can be hard to get it to work, since it evolves careful exploration in a totally different part of the dungeon... Hope this isn't too cryptic. :wink: