Waffling about towns

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Waffling about towns

Post by Ameena »

(Split from here- b.)

Ohh, arse, d'oh lol. Typical, I put the wrong word. Well, meh, I know what I meant, and so did Wuffy, you see, he has this weird way of being psychic and saying the same thing as me in chat...or is that PaulH...no I'm pretty sure it's Wuffy...
Now something's gotta be wrong with that, I mean, it's just scary...fine doing it with my friend whom I've known for about 14 years or something...but in some Scottish nutter I've met on the Internet? Eeeeeek run away, run awaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

*falls off big cliff*

*SPLAT*

(Ouch)

(Hmm, is it me, or am I getting a bit strange these days...well, stranger than usual...)
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I blame the chat programme, for weirdness and strange psychic abilities, and yes, it was us that kept having the psychic same lines : )
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Whatever you were drinking Ameena, I'll have some.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ummmm well I probably wasn't drinking anything at the time but all I drink these days is apple juice, and occasionally coke or (mmm) Apple Tango. Maybe it's 'cause I DON'T drink beer and stuff that I'm so peculiar...my brain turns to inner sources to provide the insanity hormone or whatever, so since it's been over-produced I'm a total weirdo.
Muahahahahahaaaaa...
And I'm gonna find out your address and Wuffy's and then when me and my friend go driving randomly around the UK (she wants to see some people from EQ/WoW who live in Scotland but her aunt and uncle have a farm in Aberdeen) we are gonna FIND YOU, muahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

BE AFRAID :twisted:
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, you know people who know people who live on the outskirts of Aberdeen? Cool! Bring it on!
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Ameena, From my extensive studies of regional accents. Im thinking you're from Chatham. Am I right ?
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Lol. I think it says that in my profile or in the "So, tell us about yourself..." thread, so you don't get a prize for saying that, hehe :).
And Wuffy, I dunno WHERE in Aberdeen their farm is (they're not her real aunt and uncle, she says, they were friends of her mum or something when she was younger so she grew up calling them aunt and uncle or something), but my friend was telling me today what kind of animals they have there...something like two dogs, some donkeys, horses, ducks, cats (I think), sheep, cows, I think, ermm...yeah, farmy stuff.
Not that that's relevant. Dunno why I said it, really. But, umm...hey, Froud, you must have heard of Chatham if you mentioned it like that, rather than saying, like, "Chatham, wherever that is..."...so where do you live...oh never mind it says "Newcastle" under your Avatar on the screen lol. Well maybe we'll stop by and stalk you too ;).
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Lol, its not in your profile and Ive never seen the "So tell us about you" thread or what ever its called. Just a flash of inspiration ! Maybe we have one of your spooky connections.

Ive only been in geordie land for about 7 years. Im a Bexleyheath boy born and bred. Fairly recent Chatham visitor though as my sister lives there.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ooh whereabouts?
And where's Bexleyheath? I've heard of it...isn't it in/near London?
Artisan

Post by Froud »

My sisters actually in Walderslade, Princes Avenue to be exact.

Bexleyheaths about half way between you and London. Straight down the A2.

How did I kmow you are in Chatham? Im scaring myself !
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Eeeek Walderslade is right near where I live...I live in Luton (kind of a small part of Chatham like Walderslade is). I used to walk along a small part of Walderslade Road to get to college every day...
Okay that's three people from online who've been within about a mile of my house within the past few years...anyone else gonna be freaky?
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Ah well, If you need to stop off on the way to Aberdeen, call in at Newcastle. It rocks !

Maybe we should all have a 20 years of DM celebration. London Dungeon I guess would be good !
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I think it's been said before about a billion times but I reckon a DM-meet would be cool :D. Of course, as with the three EQ-meets I've been to in the past, I would of course refer to everyone only by their forum name :P.
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Hehe, Provided we dont have to act like our DM characters, I would end up getting lost and have to call Trantor for directions ! I would also run out of food and water on the way.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah, and PaulH would leave a big trail of slime everywhere, Wuffy would probably moult over every available surface, Cows would probably give everyone a pat on the head (sorry, bad and very old joke :P), and Gambit would just glare evillly at everyone...
Of course, that doesn't mean everyone is acting differently to the way they would in RL ;).
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Ameena, don't forget that Zyx will happily invite us to some sort of ultra-evil mega-hard-to-go-through restaurant, with each other customer being poisonous...

I wonder what would come out of a meeting, but would be quite curious to be honest. At least I know the real names of most frequent users here, and I would probably use them. ;)
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Yeah, Thats right Conflux burger with extra tentacle sauce. Served by
"Im Mophus, I'll be your waiter tonight "
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO omg if I saw a scary Mophus waiter I would run away and never mind all the pits and poisonous killer hamsters and burgers and bungee cords that might jump out and attack me on the way...
Location: USA, Washington (West Coast, not DC which some people in Europe confuse us with)

Post by Dark »

Thats very interesting
CURRENTLY HAVING TO RE-DO MY ENTIRE VORTEX DUNGEON AFTER MY HARDDRIVE FAILED ON ME... I only have the Graphics to START ON... >:(
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, Dark, I was just wandering *snigger, rope trap* what was going on with the vortex dungeon

Ameena, Aberdeen is small, so if they have a farm it would be like...you know...outside Aberdeen a little bit. Ooh, that would be weird if they meant Buckey Farm, as I once avoided going then on a coastal walk! And even scarier, Luton is the only destination that Easyjet jets go to from here. And..and..I have a cousin in Newcastle, and also one of my best friends used to study in Newcastle. And...and....umm...I've been there like twice!

How spooky is all this!

And lol, I know alot of the forum members' real names, but funnily enough not Ameena's, so I'll just have to call her by her full 60 rank name EQ ; )
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I'm still bemused that people think I'm nasty/evil/grumpy/bad. :(

Where did that come from, you bastards?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I think your one tiny comment about being in a bad mood and Ameena's humour : )
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Well my friend isn't online atm so I can't ask her the name of the farm (if she knows it), but if she knows it I'll post it up here and we'll see how freaky it is. I don't think the Luton you're thinking of is the Luton in which I live since we don't have an airport :P. It's only, like, a little subsection of Chatham. The nearest airport is about a mile away and that's Rochester airport. You're probably thinking of Luton in Bedfordshire, which is erm...slightly to the west of London I think.
And EQ-Ameena isn't 60, she's 65 :P.
And Gambit is grumpy 'cause he always moans and stuff. Blech :P.
Oooh she's logged on...
Oh okay she says she remembers it as being called "Upper Tack"...you know it? The farm, that is.
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I used to live next a farm, they stink.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Bah only in the pig pen :P. And you can get used to it.
Anyway, how can you know it smells? Snails don't have noses!
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I have multifunctional antennae! And it was a cow farm, they lived in the field at the bottom of the garden, ate our trees and plants and produced huge piles of dung!
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Ameena, You do say Chatham in that "so tell us about you" thread. I swear I never read it before now !

I was going to make my own post on there but Im too embarrassed about my age :oops: Most of you guys must have been about 2 when DM came out. I wonder if DM will still be going strong in another 20 years.

I reckon I will still be playing it from time to time. Quality stands the test of time.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Well DM came out in errmmmm was it '89...erm...or '86...well I was born in '84 anyway. Does it matter how old you are? My dad's erm...54 and he played it :).
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Well at least Im younger than your dad ! 47 to be exact. Damn Im always the oldest in chat rooms and forums :( Still Im young at heart. Got one of my sons into DM. Passing the faith onto future generations.
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Oops while I was writing that my Black flame team died :(