annother fine myth

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

annother fine myth

Post by cowsmanaut »

figured since wuuf and gleep are here to talk about it and I LOVE the books to death.. let's chat about it.

So I've read all of the books, except the one that wasn't released.. which was supposed to end the series.. but then was lost in space somehow.

I then found out there was a comic based on it that had a short life span as well but never made it near my eyes.

It seems from the last two released that there was some kind of love life issue.. maybe his wife left him or something? Just the tone of the books and then I heard mention he was having personal problems and I just drew the conclusion... but he still writes.. just not those books. Which is a shame.

There is so much to those little sub dimentions I'd love to see explored further. The tounge in cheek refferences to vampires, devils, and so on.. just FANTASTIC!!

anyway.. that's my 3 cents

moo
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Oooh I've read the first six of those books...I liked the first three better than the second three...he seemed to have forgotten, by book four, what happened in the previous ones. "Possiltum" suddenly becomes "Possletum" for example, and Tanda isn't referred to as "Tanda"in any of the second three books, only as "Tananda". And I kind of got confused generally with all this Mob business and the bodyguard blokes and stuff...
But Gleep is cute!! Although he suddenly becomes blue (I swear he was green originally) and I think his size changes between the first and second trilogies. But meh.
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

yeah Gleep gets bigger..

and you even get to find out what he's really thinking in "M.Y.T.H in : In action".. whole section read from his brain ;)

moo
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, see there is the first series up to book nine of the twelve, MYTH Inc In Action, all of which are fantastic - insightful philosophy, character development and growth, great little moments and damn funny. I love the interaction of skeeve and Aahz, it's great to see him grow, get goosebumps at touching or inspiring moments, etc. I think my favourites are myth conceptions, hit or myth and myth inc in action

Unfortunately I'm guessing writers block and marriage problems combined to make him really struggle further with the series. Sweet MYTHtery of life was written but doesn't have the same sparkle as the rest of the books, and wasn't relased over here. And then he wrote nothing for so long I thought the books had died. He did, finally, get back to it (since he was still in contract too) and decided to write 'Myth-ion Improabable, which takes place earlier in the series as a 'get back into it' book..not bad, just not the continuation you'd want. Then the final book of the first series is something myth-inc, which is available on amazon, is called 'something mythi-inc. Follows guido again, and again, it's alriiiiiiight but just nothing special, and worse yet you just know that if he was top of his game there was like an entire set of sub plots you could have set around the main guido one, the book would have been twice as large, and just would have been more complete instead it just kinda fizzles in the end.

Anyway, he is still writing myth-inc books, or at least co-writing them, with some woman...I forget who (amazon again) - the first is a set of short stories about the charatcers, and the next is a proper story. Dunno if there are any more, and not sure I want to, apparnetly it just isn't the same

*Cough, you hear gleep in Myth Inc Link, byw : ) )
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

oh right Link was the first one.. not in action.. I just remember the cover.

ok so now I have to look for the books I've missed now. I did a search after I read what I thought was the last one.. where it tells you one of the characters will die in the next book.. and you don't know who but you assume Gleep because he's in deep peril at the end of that book.

a cliffhanger is not what you want to leave people with when you don't even know if you can write anymore :P

moo
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

I always thought they would make a great set of old school graphic adventures (ala Monkey Island).
Regards,

Andy