Fusing Lord Chaos

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Marrelli

Fusing Lord Chaos

Post by Marrelli »

I've down to the final task. Just want to be sure of how to take care of Lord Chaos. Just want to make sure I understand this correctly.

Lord Chaos has to be surrounded on 4 sides by either walls or fluxcages?

The spot he is standing on can't be fluxcaged?

You have to enter the fluxcage to fuse him or can you be outside the fluxcage to fuse him?

Do you have to be face to face or can you face his back?

Thanks in advance for answers to these questions.

Post by Guest »

yes he must be surrounded by walls or fluxcages, sometimes its not easy when he moves very quick out of it. yes you have to enter a fluxcage area, i fused him face to face, but i think it will also work when you seeh his back.
Marrelli

Post by Marrelli »

Thanks. I originally bought the game for the ST, I think in the early 90s.
Then bought it for the PC later. I started playing a few weeks ago after not playing it last from probably over 5 years ago. I have been trying to fuse Chaos in the corner room for a few days without success. But, finally did it last night with a different approach in the corner room by reading some strategies in this forum.

I had read in a walk-through to use the War-Cry to get Chaos cornered, but the War-Cry when I tried it seemed to have no effect on him.

Thanks for your reply.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I normally stand in a clear spot near the corridor that leads to the stairs down to levle 14 (but I only learnt a few months ago that walls work as well as Fluxcages) and repeatedly put Fluxcages around myself on three sides, then wait till he steps into the square in front of me, Fluxcage that, then quickly step back and then Fuse when he steps forward.

Post by Marrelli »

Thanks Flippy. I had read your strategy from an earlier post. I ended up doing it in the corner room with 2 doors. I stood inside in front of one of the doors, a wall was on my right, I fluxcaged behind me and to my left. When Chaos was in the doorway, I fluxcaged where he was standing and then I went to either my left or the space behind me to allow him to come into the open spot before I fused him.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Flippy? Ooh where did that "L" come from? And Fippy is only my Avatar, just 'cause he's so cute ;).
Well gratz on zapping Lord Chaos anyway :).

Post by Marrelli »

Hi Ameena,

After I posted that message, I noticed the "L" and also that it wasn't your name.

Best of luck
zzbrowdyzz
Neophyte

Post by zzbrowdyzz »

I've managed to get by using my vaio touch pad mouse and keys, although I can only use one hand because I dont have a mouse and was unable to re-assign the side step keys to the old ST /amiga style. So this was fine, until I now find I need to be really quick with fusing Chaos! This might take me a while.
Rest of the game wasn't a problem, trying to use my left hand with the touch pad!
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

I hunt him down and start casting fluxcages, as soon as i see him. Actively circling him in an open area feels much more rewarding then trapping him ;). If i'm a bit lucky, that can be done in 10-30s after entering the room.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

In fact, Chaos can be surrounded by walls, fluxcages, monsters and the party when he is fused. So he can actually be fused in the top left of the room in one of the alcoves without any fluxcages at all, or using monsters. You don't have to enter a fluxcage area, the spot he is on can be fluxcaged and you can fuse him from the side and back.

Edit: Doh! Just saw how old most of this thread is. :oops:
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Don't worry about it Antman. I was glad this thread was brought to the front.
I've always trapped Chaos in the corner room.

It was nice to have my attention drawn to other options.
"Wuuf's big brother"
dayday2008
Journeyman

Re: Fusing Lord Chaos

Post by dayday2008 »

This thread really opened my eyes, it had not crossed my mind to use the firestaff in such a way but just last night I finally made it. Thankyou all for your help! :)

My method was a bit sloppy. I scared Lord Chaos, with war cry, into the corner with two alcoves just right from where you enter the room from the Dragon's lair. He escaped my first attempts at fusing him but many fluxcages later it was checkmate!
It was a breif ending, however, I was quite satisfied :D I was then confronted with my champions portraits and skill levels and I could do nothing but reset my machine. WTF? Could I not continue from that point? And is there another way to end the game? :?
Revolutionary Greetings!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

The champion portraits screen is indeed the last thing you see. Nothing more you can do.

And yes, there is also a different ending to DM... but you can't get to it if you've already got the completed Firestaff.
dayday2008
Journeyman

Post by dayday2008 »

Cheers Gambit, next time round I wont complete the firestaff and am I right in thinking that one has to return to the entrance with it?
Revolutionary Greetings!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Try it and see ;).
Journeyman

Post by dayday2008 »

OK I will! bye now!
Revolutionary Greetings!