HAPPY HALLOWE'EN!

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

HAPPY HALLOWE'EN!

Post by cowsmanaut »

my most favorite time of year.. Christmas doesn't even touch this holliday to me.. the coolest part of the year is when I can dress up as any ghoul, ghost, or whatever tickles my fancy.. and not only that but see all the others dressed up as something interesting as well.. fun fun!

so, I would a say a big happy Hallowe'en here.. and if you wear a costume.. how about posting a picture in this thread?

moo
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I seem to be the only one who really hates Halloween... But oh well, I don't want to spoil the fun for you. ;) Looking at some pictures of other users would be very nice, though, so post away!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I can not understand hatred for the one time of year you get to see in RL all the spooks from DM you've been fighting for ages.. only now they are only about 3 to 4 feet tall and just want candy.. not your blood .. heh..

;)
DragonsLover
Craftsman

Post by DragonsLover »

YES! HAPPY HALLOWEEN GUYS! Hope you'll not be sick! Don't eat too much candies! ;)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I'm indifferent to Halloween. But trick-or-treaters annoy me...little kids coming to everyone's door and basically saying "Oi, gimme sweets or else". Halloween is the night we ignore the doorbell ;). Although this year everyone's been given a leaflet to put outside their house saying "No trick-or-treaters please", so muahaha, hopefully no-one will bug us tonight. They haven't yet anyway.
Anyone ever seen "The Nightmare Before Christmas"? That is a very cool musical/film/thingy. I have all the songs downloaded on a CD from back before KaZaA was shyte and took over the computer with spam :D.
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

I hate Halloween too, you`re not alone, Trant !
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Poor cows, everyone is saying bah humbu...i mean...bah somehting hallowe'eny!

You just enjoy yourself!
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

So much negativity :P

Eh, I hate kids, though, so I know how it is... :D
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

here, we have already 'mardi gras' at the beginning of the year (same costume concept but not only related to skulls, witches and demons).
i don't really hate halloween but i don't like the way medias imposed this event to people a couple of years ago : this year, i happily noticed that it was only an ephemere phenomena.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Mindstone
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

Halloween must be some sort of Pagan conspiracy. Get the innocent to praise streams and rocks and all that during halloween (personified as witches and ghouls) to provide THEM with more power. And then when they erect the six stones, they will be able to channel bad dreams from one person to another, creating a web of evil, deceit and (possibly) sabotage.
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

When I were a lad, back in 1782, we were dressin' up, makin' a bonfire, bobbin' dem apples, eatin' parkin, illuminatin' pumpkins and 'avin' a roit royal larf. We never bovvered folks wot were tryin' to watch the Revenge of the Sith DVD wiv door to door extortoin. Oi blames them Yankees.
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

Well here in Preston, lots of young kids come into the pubs wanting money! The shouldn't trick-or-begging - they should be after sweets, not bloody money!

Anyways, we students will dress up at any opportunity and I've not long been back from a party that was going off in the communal area of our block of flats. So here's a picture of me and my good friend Dave. (I'm the guy on the right):

cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

me and a student. I didn't want to post his image here without his permission.. so if he doesn't care I'll un-pixelate his face. :)

moo

it's the scariest thing I could think of.. a cowboy.. I had to listen to country music to prepare.. oh.. the angony!!!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

no pic, but a mail i received this morning ;)

The great Halloween pronunciation test :

Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch ?

Now, a bit harder :

Three swedish switched witches watch three swiss Swatch watches switches. Which swedish switched witch watch which swiss Swatch watch switch ?

Now, you can clean up your screen :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You could be arrested for drunken behaviour if you are caught on the street wittering that while getting more and more annoyed!
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

hmm, ill re-enact my little scene with the torches and post the photo here, i just came home after work at the time so im still in uniform ^^

oh btw pad, the picture of you... your expression almost matches your avatar :P
Immortal Dungeoneer.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Scene? Torches?! So that's where Gambit's old avatar went...
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

Sera wrote:hmm, ill re-enact my little scene with the torches and post the photo here, i just came home after work at the time so im still in uniform ^^
Do dragons even wear uniforms? :wink:
Sera wrote:oh btw pad, the picture of you... your expression almost matches your avatar :P
Haha! It does indeed. That's how I always look infact (sans the scary makeup of course!)
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I accidently wiped my pics, doh!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Drunk in charge of a camera?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Phone threw a fit. I wasn't drunk! Though my costume did earn me big discounts in the pub asIi had 'made an effort'. Didn't realise how strong these face colorings are, my right ear is still black and red even after 3 showers. Actually I was drunk, I looked even scarier when I woke up.