How inept?

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

How inept?

Post by PaulH »

After 4 months of waiting, I finally got a letter today from the hospital for my MRI scan. It was for yesterday... The complete moomins had got my name wrong (Mayes instead of Hayes), sent it to the wrong address, and even got my date of birth wrong by 4 years! I was lucky it arrived at all, but a bit of detective work by the post office got it here. Bizarrely it was also post franked for the 29th of November. I guess it should have read 29th October, so the mail has taken 2 weeks to find me and hence I missed the scan. I am lost for words. Muppets.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

... (words can't describe how ****ed up that is)

Please tell me your father is taking photocopies of the letter and sending it to every single newspaper even as you type?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

This is so bizarre that it should be on TV. Call the BBC.

I recently had a prospect from a pizza delivery service. It had a special offer because it had just opened, but only until October 31st, 2004... It sure took them a long time to find our house, considering the delivery service is about 1,5 km from here...
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

If you order a pizza, I guess it would be cold when it arrived lol!

Believe me, action will be taken against the admin part of the hospital. You would think that when moving details from one dept to another, they would at least use my reference number, or even NHS number? I guess the letter was dictated to the endocrinologists secretary, sent to radiology and they took it as that without even checking the details. The pupil Christmas post at the local nursery works better than that.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

'Effin heck mate, that's really shitty news. This is exactly the kind of thing that needs to get put into the national media, and while I'm sure all that extra stress of becoming a 5 minute celebrity is probably the last thing you want right now, it surely can't make things worse.

Best of luck to you in these tough times.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

I know from lot of my friends working in Britain, that british "medical care" is even worst (I though it`s impossible!) than its polish equivalent!
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

bad publicity is the only way they will do anything about it.. and even then only a few months before the settle back down to their complacency..

hit the news my good sir.. hit it hard.. you can ask that your name be withheld if you don't want to be noticed.. The simple fact that they buggered THAT MANY THINGS, just has to make it as a story on it's own.. they don't even need a face to carry it.. it's sick.. simply sick.

someone should be staying late in the office to handle you after all that.. as in RIGHT NOW.. they buggered up bad.. they should damn well make the time.

grr.. not even me and already I'm choked..

best of luck working this who bussiness out. :(

moo
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

After giving them some mon sized aggro over the phone, I got a repeat scheduled for Thursday! Decided to lay off the booze this week, don't want them finding a pint pot in there instead of my liver.

All going well, I'll have the results back half way through next year (if they don't lose them) where upon they'll probably want to do it again anyway or have 6 doctors all having differing opinions yet going nothing.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Great(!) But good about the rescheduling