New DM Related Scans

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PadTheMad
Lo Master

New DM Related Scans

Post by PadTheMad »

I've just scanned in somethings that I've been meaning to do for a long time, and I'm sure a few of you will find them interesting. I've mailed Christophe, asking if he would like them to put on the Encyclopaedia website and I'll post the brief description I gave him here:

1 - A guide by Bryan Stevens printed in the 'Screen Play' tips book by Amiga Format and Future Publishing. The guide contains a list of most of the items, weapons, keys, creatures and spells found in the game, along with pictures and descriptions. It also has full printed maps of every level (with one exeption), along with numbered hints showing solutions to puzzles, locations of traps and items etc.

The previously mentioned exeption is a printing error in the book, where the map and hints for level 5 (the numbering starts at 1) was printed in the place of level 6. Luckily I also have the amendment to this which was later printed in Issue 23 (June 1991) of Amiga Format. Interestingly enough, the amendment is printed in colour, as AF is a colour magazine. The 'Screen Play' book is printed in black and white, meaning that a full colour version must exist somewhere although I'm not sure wether the full colour version was printed.

2 - An 11 page article titled 'Mastering Chaos', printed in Issue Ten of 'Retro Gamer' and written by Richard Hewison. The article describes DM, CSB and DM2, along with the hype surrounding it, the development process, the history of FTL, a boxout on David Darrow as well as games based on and cloned from DM. David Darrow and Christophe are credited as contributing to the article.

I've since decided to host these files on my website as a .pdf format. I've reduced the quality of them to keep the size down, but they are still very readable.

**EDIT**
My site is well rogered at the moment so you might have problems going in through the front page. Both files are located here: http://www.hoy-you.com/games.html
Last edited by PadTheMad on Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I can't access thse files. Get an 'unauthorised access' message. They don't look like .pdfs either lol!
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

Oopsie, that'll be because I removed tho whole website thank's to lycos' ballsup. I'm re-uploading the whole site from backup as I type this, so hopefully you'll be able to get them soon, what with your shiny new computer and all :wink: