Downloadable games on Nintendo Revolution

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Downloadable games on Nintendo Revolution

Post by PadTheMad »

I'm not sure how much people here are following, or indeed interested in the Nintendo 'Revolution' but one aspect of the console that really interests me is the downloadable back-catalogue of 20 years of Nintendo titles. One strong rumor that has been floating about the interweb and magazines is that Sega may team up with Nintendo and include their titles in the service too.

Well I've just been reading up on the Games Developers Conference that took place recently and indeed Sega has confimed that they will be offering more than 1000 Genesis / MegaDrive titles for download. But here comes the interesting part - Nintendo have also been in talks with Hudson who, as the more observant / technically minded people may know, jointly developed the TurboGrafx console with NEC. Hudson have now also jumped on board with offering titles for the download service on the Revolution, so maybe, just maybe, we could see Theron's Quest appearing on there...
MitchB1990
Artisan

Post by MitchB1990 »

Wow... Revolution will have a large library of games for launch then! :D
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

This is actually convincing me to buy a Revolution. The old Nintendo games alone would probably have b een enough, but having access to all the old Sega and Hudson games that I never had the chance to play in the 80s and 90s is truly fantastic. Great news!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I would like to see Y's books 1 and 2 taken to a new platform.. one of the best RPG's I've played..

such a great amount of effort in that game.. I recently played Y's Arc of Napishtim.. it's pretty good.. but a few intereface problems. but great on the retro feel.. they blendined 2D and 3D styles so well.. :)

moo
Chish
Apprentice

Post by Chish »

Dragon Warrior (or for non-Americans, Dragon Quest)games for download! Maybe they'll translate numbers 5, 6, and 7 into English now! How could they have the arrogance to only release those 3 games in Japan?
Chish, owner of the most out-of-place Avatar on this site.
My homepage. -- Updated as of 06/11/06! Yay!
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Bring on DUCK HUNT from the NES
Regards,

Andy