Dungeon Master - Chaos Strikes Back - FM-TOWNS

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
geniusaction
Neophyte

Dungeon Master - Chaos Strikes Back - FM-TOWNS

Post by geniusaction »

Hi everyone! I've done some search in forum to achieve this information but seems nothing before. Could someone tell me about FM-TOWNS version of Dungeon Master & Chaos Strikes Back? It's a good version or the better one is Amiga Version? I haven't found information or reviews of FM-TOWNS version on the web, maybe isn't so good like Amiga?

P.S.
I beg your pardon if there's same topics around the forum.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

geniusaction
Neophyte

Post by geniusaction »

Gambit37 I know where is it, I don't know how it is... conversion quality, sounds, graphics, better or not amiga version...
I knows that FM-TOWNS was like a PC but with other good hardware for sounds and graphics, but I don't succeed in watching some screenshots of the game around the world of www.

P.S.
Sorry for my English, I'm Italian (Good for Spaghetti cooking) ;)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It had CD-Audio for a start which played at key points throughout the game -- this music ended up as Dungeon Master: The Album.

I have more info about this version which will be available sometime in the future, probably from the Encyclopedia.
elodman
Neophyte

Re: Dungeon Master - Chaos Strikes Back - FM-TOWNS

Post by elodman »

Greets.

Would like to know if FM-Towns version is acknowledged as a better port than the mostly recommended Amiga 3.6 version.

My experience with the FM towns version:
in-game background music is very nice, but seemingly I cannot use any keys for movement!
It gonna be a bit too click-heavy thingy to do everything with the mouse.
(although keys work for saving and pause and character view).

Many thanx if thou can help.
bye.

----EDIT---------

After some experiment I could direct input from arrow keys, but without the strafe option for movement. Only turning and stepping straight and back worked.

Also UNZ emulator is so chaotic, and the DM version is only 2.0., so perhaps an Amiga v3.6 DM with the downloaded DM music album is more advisable.
- That was the time, the Golden Age, when C-64 & Amiga ruled -