I <3 Kentaro's dungeon editor

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
purple1
Adept

I <3 Kentaro's dungeon editor

Post by purple1 »

I've managed to get it running in Virtual PC in Windows 2000, and I'm inpressed. The item adding tool works pretty easily and I've had some fun spawning stuff. I also figured out how to use some of the actuators and I built my own MON FUL IR shooter, button activated, into the Hall of Champions. There's quite a lot you can do to make the game easier or harder.
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Oh? If you have some intresting Actuator facts that were done by research like that, don't hesitate to contact me about them. I need a lot of research data for DM2.5
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

Kentaro has some documentation of DM2 actuators on his web site, have you checked that?
And DM/CSB actuators are now documented on the encyclopaedia, on the page about dungeon.dat file format.
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

I read both. They've been a great help. But I'm always willing on learning more.

You might want to add this info on items to the encyclopedia too:

http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=24695
kentaro-k.21
Artisan

Post by kentaro-k.21 »

Suule, it is very nice research, and concrete results! i would like to equip new command format editor by your research information into graphics data editor, if you wouldn't mind. you'll have credits, also direct link from editor to your post if you are ok.

and, i'll post new topic about 'DM2 actuators, also how to do that'. this is to explain the mechanism, to explain how that trap is done. (of course, 'that trap' should be found in skullkeep) e.g. how to realize grate can be lit.
at first post list of actuators, then summary of an actuator, then add comments for each actuator, then add examples of actuator use. probably some explain may be duplicate with my another post and my web site.
once i'll post, i'll bring continuous update but it'll be done in very slow pace in trial and errors. plz don't hold your breath :)
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Don't mind a bit Kentaro.
kentaro-k.21
Artisan

Post by kentaro-k.21 »

thanks! the improved method editor will be seen in next release of graphics data editor, maybe take a while.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”