BioShock . . . champion or menace?

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

BioShock . . . champion or menace?

Post by Tom Hatfield »

If it doesn't have co-op, I'm going to be severely disappointed. All game developers who don't add co-op should be flayed alive and submerged in lemon juice and set on fire. But anyway, I'm a massive fan of System Shock 2, and this looks to be a step in the right direction.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/705/705454p1.html
mikko
Craftsman

Post by mikko »

I like System Shock 2 very much also. Although I consider the original System Shock far better than the sequel. The only things where it is worse are the engine (of course since it's 5 years older - oh the good old Ultima Underworld engine) and the lack of co-op. Everything else is better. Should be interesting to see how BioShock compares.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I still haven't played Bioshock, my PC won't handle it. Did it end up with co-op play?
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

Nope, but it is a sweet game.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

And what about all that death and horror you wished upon the developers? :P :wink:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I'm a bit worried that a few games I hear reviews about mention the criminally short normal games - probably balanced by the time spent to get the co-op!
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

Nah. Halo was pretty sizeable. I just finished Crysis last night and was severely disappointed in the length, or should I say lack thereof. Talk about anticlimactic endings. At least BioShock didn't feel like it should have been 50 percent longer. On the contrary, every time I thought BioShock was over, it just kept on going! Gears of War, on the other hand, I cannot wait to play co-op tonight.