Films you hate

Discuss anything about your favourite books, TV, films, cinema, theatre, music, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Maybe the timing of some films when you watch them puts them on the list (there was no order). BAd leiutenant with harvel keitel felt liek 2 horus of my life wasted. I did not find him an interesting charatcer, hence I did not find his flaws interesting or resonant, nor watching him 'redeem' himself at the end have an sense of closure, completeness, or indeed have any point to me having watched that film for two hours! Perhaps other films that are 'meh' don't actually try to have a worthy point...this oen obviously did, and hence I felt 'gah' more.

There are many films that you nothing, perhaps because you expect nothign from them when watching, so it could have been a timing thing of takign a chance on a film. Hence why punch drunk love is also on the list!
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

from at least 7 years I don`t watch films at all, or watch very rarely. Almost never in TV (polish channels usually put worst films ever made, just in "police academmy" type). The only way to see a good film is cinema or DVD store. But before I watch the film, or borrow the DVD, I always read the reviews not to waste time with some %$#@#$. I know the feeling, when after 2 hours or film you`re angry someone could make something so stupid! Unfortunately, some reviews are... not very accurate, but 75% of them are ok. Anyway, I know generally what to expect ;)

ok, from ALL films I`ve seen, I would say, that 3/4 of them were BAD and only 1/4 GOOD ;)
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
WarShrike
Neophyte

Post by WarShrike »

Have to agree with Zoooom on the disney films, i hate it when they break out the songs. Highlander 2, Highlander 4. Dungeons and Dragons almost made me cry, it had so soiled the image of PnP DnD. And Bond movies after Sean Connery, though Roger Moore was kinda good, he just got too cheezy too fast. Also agree with Zoooom on the old monster movies, except the Abbot and Costello ones, those still make me laugh.

Also was recently dissappointed by X-Men 3. Nice visuals and all, but seriously, was that what you'd call a war? A few dozen on one side, a few dozen on the other, i wouldnt even call it a skirmish. I can honestly say i've seen bar brawls that were worse than that. And i found the whole story plot to be pretty lame. I guess they went for the special effects, which were indeed quite nice. Was also nice to finally see Beast.
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

Did that idiot director even bother watching the end of the second film? What was the whole point of gradually building Jean's Phoenix Flame aura up throughout the second movie every time she used more of her powers, if they completely ignored it in the 3rd film?

And since when does night fall in a split-second?

Sloppy, sloppy, workmanship.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I just thought there were so many pointless plot points then dealt with pointlessly

There was no reason to have the pheonix bit at all really, since it was ignored throuhgout most of the film and barely used until the end, when it was almost a seperate part of the film.