[Fixed for V0.39] CSB FulYa special inventory function tiles

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

[Fixed for V0.39] CSB FulYa special inventory function tiles

Post by Lunever »

1) For the FulYa-pit-level (0) the Encyclopaedia lists 12 squares (A-L) that have a special function if you have certain items in your inventory, see also http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=book/print/121

At least one of them, "G", does not seem to work properly: According to the Encyclopaedia wearing a flamebain should prevent being fireballed there, yet I did get fully fireballed. Aside from that the spinners that direct the fireballs have a sound, and while I'm not sure I think they shouldn't.

2) I think this issure had been reported a long while ago, but it still seems to be there: If you use the lockpicks twice on the 4-key-of-B-door, the door opens, the wall stays closed, but if you use then 1 key-of-B on it, the door closes again. I think once opened it should stay open, the keys of B should merely open up the wall in addition.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

PS: Edit: It's "G" I meant (not "F" as initially posted), on RTCEd L6,6,0.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

It's as I feared: Among those above-mentioned 12 tiles are more than just 1 non-functional: Walking on tile "F" (RTCEd L24,40) generated a demon albeit I've been wearing a Dexhelm; strangely though, in the editor it looks all fine to me, so I've no idea why it isn't working properly.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

BTW: Tile "I" and "K" have been working properly. The Encyclopaedia though says that "K" (Enc. z00/x29/y15, RTCEd L12,1,0) would require a Corbum, while RTC uses a green gem, I don't know which one is correct.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Lunever wrote:The Encyclopaedia though says that "K" (Enc. z00/x29/y15, RTCEd L12,1,0) would require a Corbum, while RTC uses a green gem, I don't know which one is correct.
Well, that's not the kind of "mistake" that could have been done by accident - I mean, I wouldn't have put that kind of bizarre trigger into a dungeon without good reason.

I presume that the difference lies in the original versions between ST and Amiga....i.e. RTCs dungeon is based on one, but the Encyclopedia maps are based on the other.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Do you have an idea why some of these tiles work properly and some apparently not? On a first glance in the editor they all looked fine to me (but, since I'm not yet much into designing dungeon mechanics myself I might have missed something there)?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Lunever wrote:Do you have an idea why some of these tiles work properly and some apparently not? On a first glance in the editor they all looked fine to me (but, since I'm not yet much into designing dungeon mechanics myself I might have missed something there)?
Yes, the dungeon does look correct, but that's because it is :wink:

The bug is in the engine itself with constant weight triggers not firing instantly - I've fixed this and now all of these special triggers are working as expected(*)!

(*) That is, as expected from the point of view of the RTC dungeon layout. There's still the issue of the gem / corbamite; but as I mentioned above, I can't believe that's not just a difference between the ST and Amiga versions - if someone could confirm this, that would be great!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

How about simply allowing both, gem or corboamite as triggers?
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Sorry, those tiles still don't work in V0.39 .

I ascended from Neta with a flame-bain and still got fireballed. I've been wearing an orange gem and a pendant ferral, but couldn't inhibit zystaz respawing. Even worse, when I - for testing purposes - laid down the pendant ferral on the tile that is supposed to shut down some zystaz generators when you walk there with the pendant in your possession, suddenly an entire bunch of zystazes appeared. Before that I've been just walking there with the pendant equipped, and that didn't do anything.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I just noticed that some of those pads that did work properly in V0.38 don't work properly anymore in V0.39 - for example pad "I" should open a door when you are wearing at least 1 pair of boots of speed. It only opened after I stepped away from the pad, took off the boots and placed them unto the pad tile manually and separately from the party.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

PS: Oh, and aside from that the key-of-B-doors of course crashes the game once you enter the second real key, it still closes the door again if enter 1 key after picking it twice.