Disappearing postings

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Disappearing postings

Post by Trantor »

Ok, we have all seen that the "Cool stuff you found on the web"-thread has shrinked. It seems it is not the only one. I just checked the "books you should read, films you should see"-thread again, and there are several postings missing as well. The second page used to start with the comment about Plan 9 from Outer Space, but now it is on page 1. Also, I am sure we were already on page 3 there, but the thread only has 2 pages right now. What's happening? Whose postings have been deleted?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hmm, seems to be another database hiccup then, but have no idea what could have gone wrong or whose posts have been lost : (
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Calm down! I changed the forum config to show more posts per page -- so there are now less pages in every thread.

Do not worry, my younglings.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, I bet you did it and didn't expect a single eyeborw to be raised, or if anyone noticed you expected it to be all 'ooh, more posts per page, I bet it was that nice young gambit, that's cool of him' rather than 'ARRRRRRRGH, END OF THE WORLD MY BROTHERS! CAST ASIDE YOUR SINS AND LET'S BURN DOWN THE HEATHEN GODS OF EOTB AND DOOM BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!'

Anyway, cool, cheers!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I reckon he just changed it so we'd think posts were disappearing and crap ourselves ;).
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Ah, ok, that certainly explains something. A nice idea methinks.