[Done for V0.42] Disabled soundcard problem

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lubor Kolar
Artisan

[Done for V0.42] Disabled soundcard problem

Post by Lubor Kolar »

Because of hardware reasons, I have disabled my soundcard on my PC. When i try to start RTC 0.41, I am getting messagebox with "Failed to initialize FMod (052)". Is it posible to use RTC without sound? I know it may sound weird, but I would like run in even without sounds. Thanks.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

With such a problem I think it would be good to put the RTC message informing you that, as there appeared problems with soundcard, the sound in RTC will be disabled, but let the engine run without sound.

(I`ve got also soundcard problems sometimes; I know that playing game without sound might be nonsense, but I guess Lubor Kolar wants to playtest his dungeon/parts of the dungeon and doesn`t have a soundcard right now..)
Last edited by Adamo on Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Seems reasonable!

Now done for V0.42

The way this now works is that if you set the sound and music levels in the config.txt file both to zero the RTC engine will ignore any error messages from FMOD about the initialisation of the sound card and keep going.

- If it did actually initialise (ie you just wanted the default sound levels to be 0) then dynamically changing the sound level in the game (using the menu in the backpack) will work as expected.

- If it didn't initialise because there's a problem with the sound card, then obviously changing the settings in the game won't do anything!

If the default sound levels are non-zero, then any errors from the initalisation will be displayed (ie the current behaviour).