[Fixed for V0.43] Items won't sell (DM2)

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

[Fixed for V0.43] Items won't sell (DM2)

Post by Christopher »

I have come across a couple items that I could not sell at either armor shop including Foot Plate, Leg Plate, and a Fire Plate. All these items were either found in the crypt or Skullkeep, which may have something to do with it since they were never bought.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Odd, I sold these, but I might be gettign confused with PC DM2...will check tonight. I dont' see why skullkeep would make a difference - uncharged items currently aren't sellable I believe
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

Was the picture of the item you were trying to sell showing on the stock manifest thingy at the front of the shop?

Perhaps you can only sell those items while they're being displayed in the oval screen?
Child of Darkness,
Child of Light,
Cast your Influence,
Cast your Might!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

No, you don't have to have that specific item showing in the screen at the time, in the original DM2 - you could dump a whole pile of assorted items on the table and the merchant would just accept them all at once. You could also put something on the table, then another item (or multiple items) after the merchant's rotated the table once (90 degrees), then another one when he rotates it again and takes the first item(s) off the table, and so on...though of course, taking your money off the table when that gets to you is probably a good idea ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You don't need to have the item showing on the window at the time, but it does need to be sellable in the shop - as Ameena says you can sell multiple items at the same time.

Yes, DM2 PC let you 'barter' with items on the bying counter too, again as long as it sold them, but RTC DM doens't. Then again, RTC lets you drop the coin box on the counter with coins/gems and the keeper puts them in for you - PC DM2 doens't, which is VERY annoying
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Yeah, yeah, the items are normally sellable there and I even tried selling the leg plates when it was shown in the window. Nothing.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Chris, I would suggest you send a savegame to George;
Once his internet works again, he can investigate!
$eoub!!!
Apprentice

Post by $eoub!!! »

Just add that I've encountered the same problem : the armour merchant refuse to exchange "leg plate" with money.. :?
I play RTC 0.42 for info.
Past...Pasta ? Pastaga !
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Off topic-ish, but someone said they couldn't sell the fireplate from the keep, can't fid the post now - I managed to do this, I believe using a 0.42 game (think my 0.42 beta crashed!)
$eoub!!!
Apprentice

Post by $eoub!!! »

Oh.. And only 1 Vorax can be bought ! :evil:
Past...Pasta ? Pastaga !
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Isn't there meant to be? I thought there was only one Vorax...but then, it's not a wep I use so I may be wrong there...
Apprentice

Post by $eoub!!! »

When I played PC DM 2, I usually equipped 4 of them for my 2 fighters... I'm pretty sure that the maximum amounts of them was 6...
Past...Pasta ? Pastaga !
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No, there are one or two items in the shop where the count is off...then again, there is less reason for more weapons in RTC DM2 because, you can only useone hand. And really, maybe it's best that you ca't get stupid amounts of powerful weapons

I think you might be way off that there are 6...I guess I'd need to check my PC game. I dunno if you find any around, do you?
$eoub!!!
Apprentice

Post by $eoub!!! »

:? I'm terribly sorry but english is not my native language...
What is the meaning of "dunno" ? "don't know" or "do know" ?

And what do I find around ? A vorax or the DM PC game ? :)
For the vorax, there isn't any other axe like it in the original game, I think.
But, to my knowledge, this is the only weapon in DM with berserk, right ?
For the DM PC.. Well.. RTC is far easy now to run ^^
Past...Pasta ? Pastaga !
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I did some tests, and you are right - the axeman shops must sell at least four axes! Weird...never tested that mimit before. So yup, I had 6 shiny axes in my grubby mitts. four of five from one shop, and one or two from the other!

Just out of interest some approximate tests for other shop items (don't think it needs to be altered if different unless anyone cares):

Normal shops:
One set of most armour, except for the light plate stuff which for some reason is two, and the fire armour which also has two sets (even shield). And you can get a few of those mailed helmets, and five horned helmets!
Most food seems pretty infinite, with only two - three mana blossoms, aboput three fairy cusions, and around five steaks/drunmsticks (sold too many of those red thingies to tell how many shop used to have :( )
One of most of the major weapons (don't know about voraxes, suspect two now)

Axemen shops:
Two of the sets of sar-ra plate, one vaccuum tube, about four gears (bought them out before : ( ), and as stated about 4 or 5 voraxes!

Magic shop:
For some reason about four vorpal blades, five attack minions, four guard minions, about five ful bombs, (forgot about ven bombs, oops), two furies/tempests (Not quite sure as i traded these back and forth during the game) and all other staves were only one of.

Oh, can anyone find a fourth cloak of midnight or two more pairs of mithril hosen? It seems odd not to have everyone in the equivalent of boots of speed (according the the DME), and jsut be nice to know if there is a cloak in the keep somewhere to find

As a warning the above was done a) fighting off minions in an end game, so easy to loose count, b) end game, so i've bought and sold stuff, but at least accounted for found weapons and armour by and large, and c) now trying to type it from memory
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

And yes, dunno = i don't know : )
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I seem to recall, after having read on the forum that Mithril Hosen in DM2 serve as Speed Boots, trying to find them when I played the game last year and failing to do so. I'm sure I checked all the merchants. Meh, well, it was a while ago so maybe there was somewhere I missed and forgot about.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I either fond one and bought one or bought both...
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.43