So... Theron's Quest?

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Daecon
Expert

So... Theron's Quest?

Post by Daecon »

I've only been "with" RTC and these forums since just before the creation of Dungeon Master II, (I forget which version, 0.37 perhaps?) so going from just having DM & CSB with the example dungeons, to having the first DMII demo, to the full version of DMII has been quite exciting with all the anticipation.

Frankly, I'm amazed at how much fantastic work George has put into Return to Chaos.

I wonder, will the next "big" project involve making a RTC version of Theron's Quest? Would the method of gameplay be compatible with RTC's current engine? Would it be a hell of a lot of work, like I imagine DMII must have been!?

Um... so yeah! Are there any plans to (eventually) convert Theron's Quest to RTC as well?
Child of Darkness,
Child of Light,
Cast your Influence,
Cast your Might!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

I've never actually played Theron's Quest and so have no idea how much work it would be.

If someone wants to go through the game and work out what's needed but currently isn't possible in RTC, I'd be more than happy to add the extra bits in though...
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

I've never played it either, I just had a quick look at the info about it over at http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/252 after seeing a thread about the CSBWin adaptation of it on here.
Child of Darkness,
Child of Light,
Cast your Influence,
Cast your Might!
DraconicMajesty
Apprentice

Post by DraconicMajesty »

Having all, or as much as possible of "The DM Legacy" in one place would be pretty neat, so you can count me as an "aye"!
Beat: DM, CSB, EOB, EOB2, EOB3, Black Crypt, Captive, Hired Guns...
...show-off.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Theron's Quest dungeons are very simple and could easily be ported to RTC.

The stuff that is more difficult to do is the map/animations/incidental screens etc that you use to navigate to each dungeon, though there are probably creative ways around that.
THOM
Artisan

Post by THOM »