Memories

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
violetriga
Neophyte

Memories

Post by violetriga »

Hi all, especially Ameena.

Just played DM through RTC and loved every minute of it - many memories, and it's scary how much of it came back! All the important spells were easy to remember - not the DO KATH RA or whatever, to me a fireball is (power)44 - and it was most enjoyable reliving the experience.

Perhaps that's why I couldn't get straight into DM2 (never played it) - it just doesn't seem to invoke any fun memories. Yet?
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Oooh hey Violetriga! :D So I managed to convince you to register here, muahahahahahahaha....well, I'm sure you'll find it Quite Interesting (if you can look between all the dodginess) ;).
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Welcome to the forums! I can understand how you feel, I played DM2 only once back when it came out, over 10 years ago. I never felt like playing it again, though I am tempted to give the RTC version a try. Still, DM2 never evoked the same feeling for me as the original and CSB did. By the way, have you played CSB yet? If not, I suggest playing it before DM2, since it is a lot closer to the original DM.
violetriga
Neophyte

Post by violetriga »

Trantor wrote:By the way, have you played CSB yet? If not, I suggest playing it before DM2, since it is a lot closer to the original DM.
I played CSB back when it came out and will probably play it on RTC soon. DM has just dominated two days of my spare time though so I'm giving it a short break! I didn't get into it as much as DM originally, so I'm hoping that it will be a good experience now.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

The problem with CSB is that it is much more demanding on the player. You are practically completely lost from the get-go and have to find your way around the dungeon, which can be extremely hard since it is so non-linear. But that is what makes the game work. Its structure is completely different from DM, setting the experience quite far apart. Try it and don't get frustrated too quickly, and it will be very rewarding!
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

CSB is very nonlinear (you can go to a lot of places from the start if you want to), and except that some items are placed randomly, wchich is good, because every game is a bit different-but otherwise because of that you cannot write ideal walktrough for CSB!!
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Welcome to the forums friend of Ameena!
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Hi violetriga! Your avatar is nice, but it seems like it's left leg is broken
Whatever, shows true fighting nature.. that's needed for csb&dm2 ;)
rob3034
Craftsman

Post by rob3034 »

anyone know where is can download this game?? (phanatise 3) :wink:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Try the underdgos or somewhere like that perhaps?