Anyone else living in Japan?

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Simon
Artisan

Post by Simon »

I wonder if anyone else is living in Japan?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Lots of people :wink:

Seriously though, yes - about 50% of all the RTC downloads are from *.jp IP addresses, so there seems to be a lot of DM related interest in Japan...

I'm not so sure about how many people who post on this site though.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

wow.. shouldn't try to joke too much with a Chaos Engine mercenary ! :shock:
rob3034
Craftsman

Post by rob3034 »

do you know how many people in total have downloaded RTC since its launch?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

That's very difficult to say. The total number of downloads per version runs into the thousands (say, average ~5000) with the stable versions that have been around for a long while (such as V0.34) going up to around the 10,000 mark.

I think that it's reasonably safe to assume that the number of *people* that corresponds to is the same (a few people will download a given version twice, but not that many!).

How many people in total though is much harder to work out; it certainly isn't the sum of all the downloads as many people do download each version. Equally, it's not just the highest number for a single version as some people download one version, are happy with it, and then don't download any others (even now, I still get the odd finished game from people running V.20something).

So, the total number of people is somewhere between about 10,000 and 200,000 with it very much skewed towards the lower end. If I had to guess (and that's all it would be) I'd say about 15-20,000 separate people have downloaded RTC.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

yeah, I-for example- downloaded latest version few times: downloaded once, then I had to format HD, so downloaded twice, then I got a viruse or spyware so I had to get rid of RTC to save a space on my HD to install antivirus (I have always about 5-40 Mb free on my HD), then, when I got rid the viruses, I deleted an antivirus to have a space for installing RTC once again... I also downloaded it on my friend`s machine to play DM2 a bit (75 fps, while on my ancient machine it`s much lower)... etc.
But I guess my case isn`t typical ;)

If there`s a lot of downloads from Japan that`s means a lot of people dont register on the forums, because there are ~7 Japanees on the forum (Kentaro, Simon,Tonari and others).

BTW I always though that Japanese is most intiligente and creative Nation on the world (this is thrue!)
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Simon
Artisan

Post by Simon »

Believe me, it ain't intelligent or creative.

I'm not Japanese, but I moved here a while ago. I used to post on dmweb. I guess you can probably tell from when I signed up though:)