RTC and Dungeon Master II

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
DarkMere
Neophyte

RTC and Dungeon Master II

Post by DarkMere »

Just a quick question to make sure I don't go insane. I realise that this is not the place to ask for tips regarding a game, but I am just making sure that there is not a problem with RTC and Dungeon Master II.

I am in the room just below the roof, the room with the big brown gem. All the required machines are working, water valves, boiler, wheel and pump. All the switches in the room are down. The lightening generator is firing, but the fireballs are not.

Just checking if its possible for the above to be correct and no fireballs to fire. I am not looking for a spoiler, just for someone to confirm that a situation can exist where everything is working and the switches are on, but no fireballs are produced. If so I will find what the problem is. If not then it saves me searching any longer in vain.

Thanks!
THOM
Artisan

Post by THOM »

try to reswitch every lever/button - for certain reasons there seem to be a bug that some things has to be done twice.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

There's no bug that I'm aware of; if you know of one please let me know!

If you'd like to send me your save game though, please do and I'll have a look to see if anything is wrong, or if you've just missed something.
THOM
Artisan

Post by THOM »

I remember having all switches down etc. and the gate was still closed. It opens when I switched the last lever off and on...

I'll send you a file...
DarkMere
Neophyte

Post by DarkMere »

Thanks all, but I have now found my problem. A case of not turning everything on. I presumed that if the lightening bolts worked, that the fireballs must also work, but they are not a part of the same mechanism.
somemale
Novice

Post by somemale »

when was dungeon master 2 added?? which RTV version? I joined this forum and downloaded RTC v038 and there was no DM2 on there, just downloaded the new version, and saw DM2 is on, when was this added?!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I think it was somewhere around 0.42-ish...