Attribute and class level system + shield question

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Elwin
Neophyte

Attribute and class level system + shield question

Post by Elwin »

Hello all,

I was looking for some information regarding class level system. As I was browsing through some guides and manuals, I found few mentions about certain subclasses including swing, thrust, club, parry (fighter), identify, heal, influence, defend (priest), steal, fight, throw, shoot (ninja) and fire, air, earth, water (wizard), but I never found anything more specific about them.
Anyone is aware of some documents explaining this matter? How does it work? Does it change/improve as character gains levels and if, how? What does it influence during gameplay?

Another matter I was always curious about, is how do the shields work. When I equip a shield, does it give any bonus to defense (passive blocking maybe?) or do I need to block actively by using the shield? Anyone of you guys uses shields? As for me, I always dual wield two weapons and go offensive :twisted:

Thank you in advance for your replies..
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The old help guide to DM had some small explaination of attackk/fdefense properties that would have carried on to DM2

Similarly, some of the research in things like CSBwin for the DM engine mwould probably still hold in DM2 aswell

Sheilds, as far as I am aware gave their defense bonus when help - block gave another bonus ontop of that
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

I should write an article about that in DM2...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It would answer his question! :)
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Elwin... in a very brief explanation on how the 'sub-skills' work:

Each of the sub skill is responsible for certain attacks' strength, hit rate and availablity.

Fighter skills increases damage made by weapons and also give access to better attacks for stronger weapons (Excymyr, Vorax, Blue Steele, Rapier).

Ninjas with good throwin skills seem to hit more often and score stronger hits.

As for priest and wizard. The sub skills affect spell strength and duration.

As for the question of experience... This is the best article there is on it.. http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/691
Elwin
Neophyte

Post by Elwin »

Suule, thanks for the explanation (though brief), I appreciate it. I've read the article, which reveals some more details, I hope I can figure out the rest and that this same rules apply also in DM2.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”