Hello! An old fan in tha place ^^

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Capone
Neophyte

Hello! An old fan in tha place ^^

Post by Capone »

Hello everybody!
This forum is awesome, thank you for it!

I was very young (about 9 years) when I played Dungeon Master for the first time on my Amiga (my big brother's one in reality ^^). But it was the first game that fascinated me so much. I really love this game, it's like a drug for me. I have already finished it 5 times. I play it in intervalles of 3-4 years I think ^^ :p

I was very happy to see new ways to play it, last week, when the need to play DM has come again. CSBwin and RTC are great! I choose RTC this time and I don't regret it :) This clone is awesome! I finished it quite easily (more than 9h). But 9h of pure pleasure and nostalgy of the time when the games were great :p

Sorry for my bad English, I'm a french speaker. By the way are there any Swiss boys or girls here :) ?

P.S. : I tried CSB, but this games scares me. Too difficult, I am always seeking my path and dying... But I really want to try a new game on DM basis. Which one do you recommend me to try. A game with the difficulty of DM or a little more.
Dungeon Master Fan !
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

did you finish DM (original) or DM (the one with the spellbook) ?
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

hello Capone & welcome to the forums!
I agree this forum is AWESOME!
As for CSB, it is hard, but that makes the game more challenging. You can start CSB it by playing your old party from DM (what stats your party has while finishing DM?). IMHO it is better than DM, because it has non-linear action. In fact, I had far more fun playing CSB than DM because it was harder. But you need a lot of free time to play CSB.
Give it a try! There is a nice CSB walkthrough in Encyclopedia page: http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/256

You can also see how other people played CSB using movies
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Capone
Neophyte

Post by Capone »

Hi!
did you finish DM (original) or DM (the one with the spellbook) ?
I have finished the RTC DM (with the book) the last time. But I have already finished the original many times :)

what stats your party has while finishing DM?

Not very high, because I have finished the game quicly without training too much as I know the game quite well now. Wu Tse and Wuuf are master wizards, but Halk and Hissssa aren't master warriors(not far I think). But they are all quite balanced, because I spend some time on the mushrum room to train them :)

I will follow your advice Adamo and try CSB, but if I turn mad it will be your fault :p !
Dungeon Master Fan !
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

before going mad, use the Hint Oracle as much as possible, and if you're really very lost, read a few lines from a walkthrough to find a solution.. that's how i completed CSB ages ago, a bit of cheat but still lot of fun.
MitchB1990
Artisan

Re: Hello! An old fan in tha place ^^

Post by MitchB1990 »

Capone wrote:Hello everybody!
This forum is awesome, thank you for it!

I was very young (about 9 years) when I played Dungeon Master for the first time on my Amiga (my big brother's one in reality ^^). But it was the first game that fascinated me so much. I really love this game, it's like a drug for me. I have already finished it 5 times. I play it in intervalles of 3-4 years I think ^^ :p

I was very happy to see new ways to play it, last week, when the need to play DM has come again. CSBwin and RTC are great! I choose RTC this time and I don't regret it :) This clone is awesome! I finished it quite easily (more than 9h). But 9h of pure pleasure and nostalgy of the time when the games were great :p

Sorry for my bad English, I'm a french speaker. By the way are there any Swiss boys or girls here :) ?

P.S. : I tried CSB, but this games scares me. Too difficult, I am always seeking my path and dying... But I really want to try a new game on DM basis. Which one do you recommend me to try. A game with the difficulty of DM or a little more.
How old are you then? I Started playing in 1994 with the original DM, (I was born in 1990)
Capone
Neophyte

Post by Capone »

I am 28 years old :)
I Started playing in 1994 with the original DM, (I was born in 1990)
Huhu! I think the youngs born after this game wouldn't love it ^^ ! That shows that it is a beautiful game :)

By the way I started CSB this night :) For now everything seems ok :p
Dungeon Master Fan !
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Welcome to the forum Capone! Glad you are re-discovering the game just like alot of us have done. Yes, CSB seems scary and confused at first, but just keep tryign at it, there is a logic and safe places if you keep at it. Tehre are also help threads aroudn to give clues too
Capone
Neophyte

Post by Capone »

HAHAA !!!!

I just finished CSB !! I'm so glad ^^

The DAIN part has taken me so much time :s

And by the way you are right CSB is a very interesting game! But I must admit that in some parts I don't really know how I get through, lol ^^

Some parts are so strange, that even now I don't really understand them.
(For exemple : what the fuck whith the funtain and the altar in a double L where you find a scroll saying : pray or something like that ?)
Dungeon Master Fan !
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

If you wait long enough (pray, not move) then you get teleported to a different area, and gain a key of b

Each junction has ctually three starting points that are pseudo-random to get to
mikko
Craftsman

Post by mikko »

Capone wrote:Some parts are so strange, that even now I don't really understand them.
I don't think the CSB dungeon is meant to be understood without years of roaming around in there.. :twisted:
MitchB1990
Artisan

Post by MitchB1990 »

Capone wrote:I am 28 years old :)
I Started playing in 1994 with the original DM, (I was born in 1990)
Huhu! I think the youngs born after this game wouldn't love it ^^ ! That shows that it is a beautiful game :)

By the way I started CSB this night :) For now everything seems ok :p
Aww, I'm still the youngest person whos played the original :(