Retro Gamer 36

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Strider
Neophyte

Retro Gamer 36

Post by Strider »

Crikey, this month has come around quick...

The Making of…
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
It's been hailed as the greatest Castlevania game of all time, so we were delighted when assistant director Koji Igarashi revealed to us the secrets behind Symphony of the Night

The Making of…
Banjo Kazooie
In an exclusive new interview, Retro Gamer talks to Rare about one of its greatest platformers

Company Profile
Sega Technical Institute
It's been behind some of Sega's biggest 16-bit titles, but hardly anyone knew... until now...

The Re-Making of Streets of Rage
More Sega love, as we go behind the scenes of the best home-brew remake we've ever played

Developer Lookback
Melbourne House
In the first part of a brand new feature, Retro Gamer meets the amazing wizards of Oz at Melbourne House

The Spirit of the Mad Gamer
C+VG
Discover how a small group of talented individuals were able to turn around the fate of gaming's oldest videogame publication

The making of…
Pitfall!
Pitfall Harry is a platform hero, so imagine our delight when his creator Daviud Crane swung by for a chat

Retroinspection
WonderSwan
It may not have been released in the UK, but that doesn't mean you should ignore Bandai's cute handheld.

The Making of…
Turbo Esprit

Mike Richardson once again gets behind the wheel of a lotus and recals the creation of his classic 8-bit hit.

Punch-Out!!
Hover Bover
Armalyte
Crystal Castles
Xbox Live Arcade round-up and much, much more
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

Pitfall!!! God, how I loved that game!!!

Pitfall II - Screenshots Composite Map
!!!
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Not much to interest me this month -- sorry!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Hey, I re-played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night a few months ago after almost 10 years. Still an excellent game, though not quite up to Super Metroid, the best 2D action-adventure IMHO. But apart from that, not much in that issue for me either. Still, it's cool to have some kind of newsletter in the forum here! :)