Some questions

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Kain
Apprentice

Some questions

Post by Kain »

If these have already been answered, please direct to post or just tell me to look for 'em.

Single wall shooters: is there a way to force a single shooter to fire from left or right?

Trigger to add/remove specific party members. Is there such a thing and how to do it?

Restrict spells (not spell runes) to only spells found on scrolls and added to spellbook: is this possible?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

to the third one - you have the spell rune combination activate a relay as it's effect in the dungeon. This relay should target a counter that requires to activations, and this cointer then creates the effect you wish by activating a wallitem_actopn. You then have the discovery of this scroll also target the counter to free the spell. I don't think you can actually have the scroll pressed to the spellbook triggering an event
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

That third question is a good one, Kain. With many experienced DM Users around it adds a touch of difficulty for them, not being able to cast a fireball spell without actually 'knowing' the rune combination first.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I liekd the feature in Conlfux, and that's basically how it is done. Apart from transferring it into the spellbook, and even then, though it would be a pain, I can see a sneaky way to do even that theoretically by giving the spellbook a 'take scroll' property that consumes the scroll and activates the relay that allows the spell to be cast.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

GG's 'find the rune' idea is the other way of doing this, of course. So starting off with no runes and no knowledge of their combinations would make Kain's custom dungeon a real challange for neophyte champions driven by experienced users.
I really must play conflux III one day Beo... When I have a month to spare.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Re: Some questions

Post by George Gilbert »

Kain wrote:If these have already been answered, please direct to post or just tell me to look for 'em.

1) Single wall shooters: is there a way to force a single shooter to fire from left or right?

2) Trigger to add/remove specific party members. Is there such a thing and how to do it?

3) Restrict spells (not spell runes) to only spells found on scrolls and added to spellbook: is this possible?
1) No, but it's an interesting idea; can you add it to the suggestions forum and I'll get around to it when I've got some time!

2) No, but it's already on the suggestions forum.

3) Yes. As the posts above suggest, you need to have a counter in your dungeon that indicates whether or not the spell has been found. When you find the relevant scroll, it sets the counter value. When you attempt to cast the spell it activates a relay that checks the counter value before performing the "real" action.
Kain
Apprentice

Post by Kain »

Thanks for the suggestions.