Cut-scene bitmap format

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
danielcg
Apprentice

Cut-scene bitmap format

Post by danielcg »

What format new cut-scene feature can accept? BMP,PNG,JPG,GIF,AVI or MPEG? Can it accept compressed BMP or PNG? I already have necessary software to make such graphic files. I know it would be fixed 640x480x24.

I don't know that new cut-scene sequences are added to Chaos Strike Back (on import). I did not play DMII on RTC yet.

I checked CSB.txt through RTC Editor and located the tiles contains cut-scene feature and reviewed all settings inside. I learned how to make custom cut-scene for my custom (easier playing) dungeon.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

RTC accepts both BMP and PNG files for *all* images (including cut-scenes). There is no restriction on the size / colour depth of images for cut-scenes though.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

for intro/outro sequences it'd be good to have at least one movie format supported, so the CSB intro could play the Amiga intro sound too.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yup, if you see this thread, you'll see I already tried doing the Amiga CSB intro using RTCs plot screen device, but unfortunately the format isn't really suitable for anything other than static screens.

It would be cool if RTC could at least support animated GIFs, they are still only bitmaps after all.
danielcg
Apprentice

Post by danielcg »

Thank you for the information!

George Gilbert, you just respond to my question in only 2 hours 28 minutes! Fastest respondant ever!