Dru Tan

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
THE Materializer
Apprentice

Dru Tan

Post by THE Materializer »

Does anyone know if there is any kind of backstory written for Dru Tan? I'm creating a custom RTC dungeon partially based on him, and was wondering what the deal was with him character-wise, if there even is one.
-+ THE ~ Materializer +-
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

I'm afraid I couldnt find anything in the Encyclopedia, just it's stats.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

So there you go, the critter is fair game I reckon!
THE Materializer
Apprentice

Post by THE Materializer »

Sounds good.. I'm treating him as a high profile mercenary of sorts. Part of the dungeon I'm working on is his treasure storehouse.
-+ THE ~ Materializer +-
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

Now that you mention it, I think of Dru Tan as more of a natural inhabitant of the caves beneath Skullkeep. Dragoth would probably whoop his ass in a stand-up fight, but since he can't leave the Zo dimension (apparently), he lets Dru Tan remain as an unofficial but useful deterrent against invaders. Maybe Dru Tan likes the taste of Rockies. Perhaps that's the reason he has a Rocky cage and squish mechanism. Maybe the Rockies have been at war with Dru Tan for centuries. Anyway.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

So we have:
  • He likes caves
  • He crushes stones and adventurers
  • He's mercurial with a lust for the highest paying contract
  • He's a bit pushy, I recall
I'm sure there's more. Got a terrible hair dresser? Keeps and trains worms (a worm handler!)? Bats for breakfast.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Wow, Dru-Tan is just a dreamy mystery *swoon *

Oh, you forgot to mention - he has collectable troll hair, so must be a genetic experiment of Lord chaos, who noreed one day played around with his own troll collection.

From this we can summarise that Lord Chaos dis-likes his green-headed trolls above his other trolls
purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

All I can remember is that he was an absolute ***** to kill the first time. I got stuck in his trap and it bludgeoned me to death. After I figured it out, I tried to trap HIM in it, but he broke the spike-wall! It took me awhile to learn how to effectively use magic to beat him.
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

Wow, I didn't know the wall could be broken. I'll have to try that next time. I have successfully squished him in his own trap before, but luring him into it is a real pain. It's generally easier just to beat him down and carry lots of vi-bro potions.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

To me, he was always a very goofy-looking and weird monster. I was quite surprised that I never encountered more of his ilk, he never seemed like some sort of "boss" or special monster at all to me. But I never really got into DM2 anyway.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

My first encounter ever with Dru Tan was in archmaster RTC. Really badass he is under these circumstances.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”