I finally beat CSB

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
BinaryMan
Neophyte

I finally beat CSB

Post by BinaryMan »

I had played the original DM and DM2, but never CSB. I didn't have much time and I just wanted to see it, so I did use maps/hints. However, I also only used one character, Mantus - Lord of Magic (which happens to have the weakest HP and highest Mana), reincarnated (so 1/2 stats). I guess I still wanted some kind of challenge to make up for my knowledge of the dungeon layout. This character ended up being Master-2 fighter, Craftsman Ninja, Master-3 Priest, and Master-4 wizard. There were lots of times when I had to retreat to stairs and rest, and either food/water running out many times (but as long as both don't run low, you can regen mana enough to cast stamina potions). Strength/Dexterity potions were necessary to dodge blows and use weapons effectively, but once I got the Executioner, I was dealing decent damage even with a Mage character. The only other weapon of use was the Vorpal Blade. I would say that CSB is significantly harder and more confusing than the other DMs, but very clever in design.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

It was a tough one for sure.
Hey, could you possible be Binary Bandit, an old crazy friend of mine of the BBS dayz?
keep your gor coin handy