3D MMORPG

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
GandolfA
Apprentice

3D MMORPG

Post by GandolfA »

Sorry to cancel my dungeon master java game, but I found a better program to create a dungeon crawler. I have been in production for about 2 weeks now and have an artist and an item creator. I was wondering if anyone is interested in joining up and working on it with me? Any questions you have for me or about the game?

I can use a npc/quest creator, another artist modeling or non-modeling, another item creator, website devoloper, and any other thing you can think of a MMORPG might need. =)

If your interested post here or email me at Frozenmushroom2003@gmail.com.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

If you need any stories/poems/riddles/bios written, lemme know ;).
Ooh crap, I just remembered for about the tenth time that I've gotta finish those DM2 bios I started. Arrgh damn work. Oh well, odered my comp yesterday so hopefully from some time this week I will be in my room at every available opportunity so will eventually get enough time to actually get on with stuff :D.
Apprentice

Post by GandolfA »

ty ameena if i'm sure i'll need your help in the future then will let you know. Thanx :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Sure, just drop me an e-mail (put something relevant in the subject line so I don't think it's junk!) or a PM any time :).
Apprentice

Post by GandolfA »

=) Np

Anyone else interested? =)
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

hi. GandolfA, perhaps you could say a bit about what the game is about.
I would like to hear more.
GandolfA
Apprentice

Post by GandolfA »

Story: The first snow begins to fall marking the beginning of the Great Winter. The land begins to tremor and the mountain above the underground prison which contains Loki the god of mischief and strife begins to crumble. The seals and restraints are destroyed from the mountain falling. Loki finishes freeing himself from his bonds and laughs manically. The time of Ragnarok will be soon upon them.
One year after Loki had been released a host of giants, monsters, and other evil beings have formed into his army. Loki has found the under ground dungeon which contains the wolf Fenrir who was sealed. Loki now prepares to free Fenrir and open the gate to Hel and release the dead to begin the domination of all the world and begin Ragnarok.
Odin and Thor along with the other gods call forth their champions from Vahalla and breath life into them once again to stop Loki.

Some game features.
- X Classes & X Races
- X proficiencies
- Over X dungeon levels to explore & over X quests
- Custom dungeon levels with traps, treasures, monsters.
- Free Online play 24/7
- PVP & Arena
- Large guilds get land & castle
- Small guilds get a house
- Over X items,weapons, & armor

X is still to be determined.

The game is a dungeon crawler basically. There is the main town you start at and the surronding area with the tower to Fenrir's prison. You can either do quests in town and the surronding area to gain reputation, gold, or items to take a break from the dungeon crawling.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ah, so it's based around Norse mythology...cool :).
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Feed us some more info, then.
  • Genre background to the story.
    You'll have to offer more specific and detailed tasks I wreckon.
    What engine are you using / what are it's capabilities. Very important to know this for creating tricks and traps!
GandolfA
Apprentice

Post by GandolfA »

I'm using realm crafter http://www.realmcrafter.com/catalog/inf ... ?info_id=6
(main site)

Some jobs that i need filled.
- 3D Modeler & Texturer
- Artist Texture & Gui (I have 1 currently)
- Web Page Devoloper
- Npc & Quest Devoloper
- Item Devoloper (I have 1 currently)
- Monster Devoloper
- Dungeon Devoloper ( Would be a massive help, but would need to be able to work the editor, it runs alot like Morrowind or oblivions map editor)
- All i can think of right now

The game is based on norse mythology just when the great winter happens. (After 3 years ragnarok the end of the world happens) Loki is recruiting all his minions and the good gods want to use the fallen heros (players) to stop him. The game will have a guild war/ diablo kinda of feel to it.

Simply this game will take several years to complete by myself and I would like to get some help. I have an artist and item creator but they are more of a backup ones because they are still in college and can't devote much time to the game. I really hope someone is interested =).
GandolfA
Apprentice

Jobs I need filled

Post by GandolfA »

Some jobs that i need filled.
- 3D Modeler & Texturer (i have 1 currently)
- Artist Texture & Gui (I have 1 currently)
- Web Page Devoloper (I have 1 currently)
- Npc & Quest Devoloper (I have 1 currently)
- Item Devoloper (I have 1 currently)
- Monster Devoloper
- Dungeon Devoloper ( Would be a massive help, but would need to be able to work the editor, it runs alot like Morrowind or oblivions map editor) (maybe have 1)
- Music Composer or Compiler
- Race & Class Designer
- Skills, Techniques designer

I would like to have a few more people if possible
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

as i'm very busy with graphics, i could make 1 or 2 soundtracks during spare time, depends on what style you'd be interested (epic orchestral i suppose).
GandolfA
Apprentice

Post by GandolfA »

Would appreciate it linflas. Epic orchestral would be nice, but would have to fit a norse kinda feel.
GandolfA
Apprentice

Post by GandolfA »

Hey everyone was wondering if anyone was good at 3D modeling and texturing and would like to join? We still have few positions open and would like to have you join. We currently have ;

Website & forum & MIRC room for communications
FTP server for uploading
Get all tools you need to complete your task you want to do
we have 10 man team right now.