The Silly and once Christmas-y Choose Your Own Adventure

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The party dubiously walked along the new corridor, and sure enough at the end was a Trolin.

"Ooh err," it said, rising from a screamer slice suofflette it had made itself, "I didn't think you lot were going to ope nthe portcullis for a while yet - I'm barely done eating. Wait, what are you doing here anyway?"

The party looked around, seeing the corridor led to a nice little kitchen/living room batchelor pad for the Trolin.

"We couldn't get the portcullis open, so even though we known Stamm has the right answer ,we went this way instead," said the party in unison.

"Oh, thank goodness ...well, evilness...for that! Lord Chaos would have had my club in a blender for npot guarding the portcullis!"

"Actually, we think we are here to rescue Chaos" said the party in unison.

"Oh, well in that case there isn't a moment to lose!" said the Trolin decisively. He kneed Stamm in the groin, splatted Azizi with a screamer souflette, and lifted Gothmog's robe up so the mage ran away screaming.

"Free!" said the Trolin, runnign away down the corrdior and obviously away towards the entrance.

"I think...I can see a short cut around the portcullis," said Stamm with tears in his eyes on the floor noticing a small corridor.

See, you were right to take this way gentle reader, so much less effort to take this corridor and go around the portcullis. Well, except for Stamm's groin, but then you obviously hate Stamm or you would have used his correct idea in the first place!

Go to 28
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

They didn't have to travel very far to discover the flask of wine. In fact, there were planety of them: Rounding a corner, and nestled into the eastern wall was a brightly lit sign above a shiny doorway. They read the sign but all were confused by the unknown wording: "Tesco Metro". Nevertheless, they pushed open the door and went in.

Stamm uncannily found his way straight to the wine shelves, while most of the rest of the team discovered the delights of the chilled cabinets. Stamm perused the shelves and eventually found what they had been looking for: Anaias Cabernet Sauvignon (Organic, SAR) and collected it, along with some kegs of ale and they all made their way to the check-out. Between the rest of them, they had filled a trolley with all manner of treats, though it mostly seemed to contain cheese, fabric conditioner and a large supply of toothpaste.

The surly Trolin at the checkout tapped some strange stones and a magical display appeared. "8 silver coins please". Syra handed over the money begrudgingly. "Bloody rip off!" Chani sighed, "Yeah, I know but what can we do? This is the only store for miles, so they can charge what they like."

Once outside, Stamm (unable to contain his alcohol lust any further), stuck a dagger in the cork of the Shiraz, popped it out and downed the entire bottle in one long swig, burping disgustingly and prompty falling over. He half-heartedly passed the empty bottle to Gothmog. "Oi, sssslitty eyesh, here's yer flassshhhk."

Gothomog was overjoyed though rather confused. "Didn't we need the Sar wine to help us get a flask?" He shook his head. "Whatever!" His earlier melancholy was wiped away and he sped off back to the fountain so that he could finally take a swig of the cool water.

Sadly, due to all the party's farting about, by the time Gothmog reached the fountain, it had dried up. The lion's head of the fountain mocked him. Literally. It looked at him and laughed: "Tough tits, ghost boy!", then stuck out it's tongue. Filled with rage, Gothmog smashed the fountain with his tough weapon and dejectedly rejoined the party who by now had consumed all the kegs and were extremely intoxicated. All except Mophus who was laughing happily to himself, surrounded by empty boxes of toothpaste, and minty froth spewing from between his teeth (or the remains of them).

Let's give our courageous party some time to recover, then join them once they re-start their quest. Go to 28.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

After careful observation of Mophus by his friends they decided that the grin on his face was in fact a grimace, that came from having suddenly very tight trousers. "A Painful circulation problem, caused by the restriction of the veins due to a reduced trouser size.... Not a very useful spell unless you're a hobbit" suggested the elderly Gando.

Halk, who was normally slow at picking complex things up, but was fast at picking up complaining valkyries, suggested: "Cast that spell on ME, and my clothes will... errr shrink and I'll be as stiff as a wizard's staff and can hold the portcullis up with my strength alone".

Stamm, who was getting a bit annoyed now said in a whiney manner "But myyyy suggestion is the riiiiight suggestion."

Beowuuf;s super-fantastic edit:
"Shut up Stamm," said everyone else, "we don't need the solution anymore!"

"Yes you do you dozy morons!" retored Stamm, "all this Vi Ag Ra spells have made the portcullis re-erect!"

Stamm was right (again!). How do you get passed this after wasting Gothmog's FUL bomb?
/edit!

Try Stamm's way after all? Turn to 20
Everyone tries to open the portcullis again? Turn to 23
Or, if Halk has 'a little body' you can cast the Mon Vi Ag Ra spell and envigorate Halk to hold the door open. By that I mean he can 'heft a club well'. You know, 'lift that portcullis with his muscle'. You know...I mean he's not dead and skeletal! If he isn't, then you can turn to 24
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

While Syra helps Stamm to recover from his psychological shock, Chani gets her hand on Mophus' bottle.

"Ok, we have to go back to the fountain so that Gothmog can drink."

She was about to hand Gothmog the green bottle, when a closer inspection shows the after effects of the Um Oh Ew spell.

Chani : "Oh Gor Be Damned ! The bottle contains a dead frog !"
Mophus : "Are you sure ? It was a fine 1957 Merlot, spell-imported from France ! "
Gothmog : "What spell did you use ? Some importation spells are quite random : EE Bay Ir Ros is generally fine, but Pal Ya Bro Sar is sometimes a bit unaccurate"
Mophus : "I used a family recipe : I use Oh Kath Ros on an eye of time to send a Zo Box to my cousin who lives in this dimension. He then can fit a bottle in, and send it back with a simple Des Gor Sar spell."
Nabi : "Hmm, I heard dimension traveling often have strange effects on objects and living beings"
Mophus : "Yes, but the Zo Box protects its content quite thoroughly"
Gothmog : "I'm not sure it would be healthy for me to drink from that bottle, though"
Mophus : "I'll have to ask my cousin with a telepathy spell about that bottle..."

The other party member are starting to get impatient, especially Hisssa and Daroou who seem to each have a very personal idea on how to deal with the bottle.

So what should the party do ?
28 Gothmog doesn't drink...
35 Gothmog agrees to drink from the bottle with the frog inside : go to the fountain.
36 Boris : "But how did they slip the frog inside the bottle ? We should find a way to inspect that animal more closely."
37 Give the bottle to Hissssa.
38 Give the bottle to Daroou.
39 Cast a spell.
3.14157 Spell a cast.
What Is Your Quest ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Gothmog looks dubious, but he is pretty thirsty so relends and goes back to the fountain.

"..." says Gothmog.

"What?" said the rest of the party

"I said I needed that" croaked Gothmog coming closer

"What?" said the rest fo the party

Gothmog came up closer t othe party. "I said I needed taht, and I appear to have a frog in my throat." said Gothmog.

The rest of the party looked at him for a good long while, but it turned out that at least Gothmog didn't have a crap sense of humour, and was merely stupid

"You don't drink the frog!" said Stamm
"I thought it was like the Tequila worm!" croaked Gothmog
"There was no frog," muttered Mophus, and everyone else decided it was best to move off through the portcullus before it all started getting too silly.

If you feel that it isn't too late, go to 28
If you feel it has, go to 1 and better luck next time!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Alex kindly explained the frog reducing process, and produced a straw.

Boris, much to his surprise, suddenly had the straw shoved into his mouth.
"Now you need to insert it in it's anus", explained Alex.

Boris suddenly DIDN'T CARE about how to get a frog through the neck of a bottle, and he was sure the frog never wanted to be conscious of the event either. Unknown forces suddenly appreared on the back of his head and eagerly guided the his lips down to the neck of the bottle, inserting said straw into a reptiles orifice.

"Now all you have to do is suck" explained Alex, "until a vile taste appears in your mouth."

Boris stopped breathing. Then a pair of fingers appeared and pincered his nose.
Boris had to breathe though, that was the problem, but he held out...
Boris was getting a little flustered, maybe just a slight inhale would do, he REALLY needed to breathe now.

Sure enough, nothing bad happened, except to the frog's body that was reducing in size. A little more... Yes! He pulled the frog out of the bottle.

Then came the terrible, terrible taste.

Boris exhaled, hard. It was disgusting! But then he saw this ballooning frog on the end of his staw! Just a short distance away from the intrigued look on Halk's face, returned an expression of disgust by the frog, only extended over a large surface area. It was fascinating... It was... He drew his torch closer.

BOOM!!! Merlot pickled frogs were famous for their explosive qualities.

If Halk isn't in skeletal form already, he is now.

After Gothmog quenches his thirst (through gritted teeth) go to 28 for the next exciting installment of this tale.
Last edited by ian_scho on Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The group debated hotly through the night, until they were all dehydrated and all went off to the fountain, much to Gothmog's irritation.

"Look, perhaps we should cast a spell to get the frog out," said Gothmog, while Alex was distracted looking for somehting in his backpack.

"Don't be stupid, that won't work!" said Boris, quickly casting another light spell just to show up Gothmog before getting hit on the back of the head by Nabi.

"Hey, why don't we spell 'a cast' "said Daroou.

Everyone looked at Daroou.

"When I break my leg or arm, cast make it better. Cast make everything better," explained Daroou.

Everyone looked at Daroou.

Daroou, a little slow on the uptake, took everyone's silence as a 'yes', and began spelling 'a cast'. Sadly, his spelling wasn't hot either, and he started reciting pi. He didn't quite get tha tright either, and so the frog mystically changed int osomehtign that wasn't quite pi, and wasn't quite a pie either. It was also big enough to smash the bottle now, which had Gothmog sodding i nthe corner then trying ot drink his own tears.

"It's green!" said Chani horrified.

"It's cylindrical and oblongish!" said Elija, the secret cook horrified at the non-roundness of the pie.

"Who can we get to eat it..." wondered the group.

If Halk is skeletal, it might be safe to give him the pie. Go to 40
Otherwise, anyone is fair game - if someone eats the pie, go to 41
Otherwise, someone can always carry the pie for later. Go to 32 to look for the Sar Wine for Gothmog, or 28 to forget all this nonsense with Gothmog dying of thirst and continue with the quest
Last edited by beowuuf on Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Everyone assumed that nothing would happen, when the start of the green cylindrical object passed into Halk's skeletal mouth, and a nashing of his long white teeth started.

Chomp

Chomp

Chomp

"PAAAARRRP!" went a noise emiting from between Halk's pelvis.

"Cucumbers do that to me as well", mentioned Iaido.

Get someone else to eat the pie, go to 41
Carry the pie for later:
--> Go to 32 to look for the Sar Wine for Gothmog
--> To continue with the quest, go to the now hallowed 28
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Daroou was getting confused with all of the posabilities and options available and decided to finish it all...* The bottle, we mean to say. He grabbed the bottle off Chani, closed his eyes and greedily gobbled the contents down his throat. All of the other 23 pairs of eyes** followed the frogs course to the neck of the bottle. Fortunately the frog was bloated enough to lodge in the neck and remained there with the last of the contents seeping around him.

One belch later and the empty(ish) bottle was handed over to Gothmog for a refilling. He subsequently re-toad his way back to the fountain, inserted the bottle and pulled it out of the water. At last! He heaved the bottle to his lips and started drinking - at which point the frog suddenly reanimated and twitched a little.

"We should tell him" suggested Chani
"Nooooo, sshhh" came the response.

The frog got lucky with his new breath of life, but then croaked after entering Gothmog's gullet. Alas, poor frog.

To continue with the quest, with a somewhat quenched Gothmog, go to 28

* HINT!
** Yeah ok. Maybe someone's stuck in a pit still.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Tired of the lack of progress, Gando decided to cast a spell in the hope of advancing the story. He checked his spell book for something suitable. Among all his common spells, he found one unknown. It had but one syllable. "Hmmm, I wonder what this does" he thought as he waved his wand in the air. "It's no sorcery I'm familiar with."

He waved the wand some more, drawing in space what appeared to be a Moomin and shouted the unfamiliar rune: "ZED!"

Immediately, there was a loud bang, a flash of light and the whole of Mount Anaias collapsed on our unsuspecting party, killing all instantly. Well, except for Gando who, with his dying breath, simply said "Bugger."

Alas, dear reader, your quest ends here. You can try again, but remember that allowing characters to mess with arcana from alternate fictions is probably not a good idea.

Turn to 1
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

The bottle was handed over to Hissssa. What happened next was a surprise to everyone, except to any reptilians in the room. Hisssa's tongue shot downto the bottom of the bottle, wrapped around the little frog, and whipped the alcohol ladened amphibian into it's mouth.

"Sssssorted!" shouted the champion, and passed the bottle to Gothmog. Gothmog gulped the liquid down and was satiated, but now Hisssssa's stomach began to rumble.

Unknown to our hapless adventurers it was in fact the ubiquitous European Fire-bellied Toad and was notorious for adding a kick to alcholic beverages!Image

With a vomiting and hallucinating Hissa, who can't even count how many 'S's there are in his name any more, turn to.... 28
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No-one really wants to eat the pie, because everyoe assumes they will either end up exploding, turning green ,or worse just find out they are eating raw frog pie.

Having your food ribbit at you was also a possibility.

"Oh for goodness sake!" says Gothmog, getting a little annoyed that everyone is forgetting his thirst and pansying around. "I'll cook it for you muppets then!"

Gothmog flings a fireball from nowhere, and the pie explodes without any strange noises. Infact, the smell was quite pleasant.

Now the fitht is for everyone, sudden;y hungry, wishing to eat the pie. IN the melee that ensues, the pie is ripped apart totally, the bottle is smashed totally, and more importantly a Gothmog exerting himself again and without a bottle falls dehydrated to the ground.

Finally, realising that Gothmog has shut up about his thirst, and that the pie is gone, the group shrug their shoulders and move off through the portcullis.

Go to 28 and hope the group remember to pick up Gothmog on the way.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Later, as the party found themselves wandering down a dank corridor, Syra let out a bloodcurdling scream. "What is it!?" exclaimed several of the gang in unison, leaping to attention. Syra, wide-eyed, jumped forward, revealing Boris cowering in the dirt.

"I told you to STOP DOING THAT, you midget menace!"

Boris looked up apologetically, "I'm so sorry, it's just that it's lovely and warm under your cloak and these hallways are so dashed COLD!". He stamped his feet and embraced himself to make the point. "BRRrrrrrr!" he added for further effect. Syra eyed him with distaste. "Stay away from me or it's a dagger in the ribs for you!" She stormed off into the gloom.

The rest of the party were just about to follow when Syra screamed again. "Aaaaaaaaaahhh!" they could hear her in the distance, then there was the sound of running footseps, some ratlling and then a vague sound of what appeared to be a very large door closing.

The team ran down the passage to find Syra, but it was too late. The only sign of her was some flower petals in the dust, that had fallen from her hair. However, there were strange scratchy marks in the dust that led around the corner. Following them, the party came to a large wooden door ahead and another passageway leading off to the right.

"We've got to save her!" said Boris, now feeling guilty. He ran up to the door and started to kick it.

"Wait!" shouted Stamm. "We need to consider our options! Oh, look, helpfully here's some:"

Open the door. Go to 42.
Investigate the other passage. Go to 43.
Look for secret switches. Go to 44.
Have the party argue pointlessly for a while. Go to 45.
Last edited by Gambit37 on Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

"Hey, look at this!" exclaimed Gando, pointing at the nearby wall. As one of the near-to-the-ground members of the party (okay, short-arses ;)), he had noticed a tiny button, inset into the wall near the ground beside the party.
"What do you think it does?" he inquired.
"Press it!" declared the fearless Hawk.
"Umm...I don't know..." mumbled Iaido, who had been peering around the nearby area. "Do you reckon those holes do anything?"
Everyone looked to where the Samurai was now pointing - at a pair of large holes in the wall at the end of the corridor.
"Bah. I bet they're just there for decoration or something." scoffed Hawk. "Go on, press the button - I'm sure it must hide some kind of very useful secret - surely!"
The rest of the party looked around, considering what they should do.
"If someone presses that button and we get fried," said Sonja, darkly to Hawk, "I'll be blaming you."

So, what should the party do?

Press the secret button - Go to 46
Ignore the button and open the door instead - Go to 42
Investigate the otehr passage - Go to 43
Mess around arguing for a bit until something else happens - Go to 45
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Luckily, the door was one of the anachronistic ones with an electrically powered transmission. A tempting green button winked at the party inviting a sturdy finger to press it. Stamm strode up and peered at the door. It was big, heavy and covered in damp moss. He put his ear to the door to listen. Unbeknown to him, something dark and glistening with many legs crawled out of the moss and into his beard...

He stood up and addressed the eager party: "I can hear clanking and at least three different sets of breathing. I'm pretty sure one of them is Syra. We could rush whoever has her in there quite easily!" He reached up and pressed the button and the door smoothly and easily disappeared into the ceiling, revealing the room.

Now what?

Rush into the room blindly flailing at anything that moves. Go to 47.
Survey the scene and enter cautiously: Go to 48.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

"We have to go down the hall and find a way around!" said Tiggy,
"No, we have to go through the door!" said Boris.

Stamm smacked them both roudn the head. "Stop it!" He said in a commanding voice, then turned around top the group.

"Right, so which is better, still or sparkling water?" asked Stamm.

"What are you talking about?" asked Boris, "how's that going to help!"

"It's not," explained Stamm patiently, "this is a pointless argument you fool!"

Boris rolled his eyes in disgust, but Gothmog elbowed him in the ribs before the tinny mage could cast a fireball on the door - after all, GOthmog didn't want to be shown up.

Boris in turn was at the perfect height to headbutt Gothmog in the crotch, and it went downhill from there.

Someone tried to grab Halk's club to inflict some decent damage, but once Halk realised it wasn't Chani but Daroou, he started swinging his fists. Darouu started swinging in return and hit Stamm by accident, who thought it had been Leif and started swinging wildly.

"Sssssssssssssssssssorry I'm sssssssso late"

"No problem Hissssa," said Hisssa, who suddenly realised he was apparently talking to himself. He turned around and a Coatyl bit his head clean off.

"Sssssssssssssorry, had a cold, all better now!" said the Coatyl happily and started munching.

Sadly, a punch drunk party are no match for a completely healthy Coatyl and the 23 skull symbols appear at the top of the screen dispressingly soon after. Funnily, Syra is alright, but she's way too annoyed at the party leaving her to her fate to try to finsih the massion.

Go back to 1 and try again! Don't let those naughty champions argue next time!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

The party rushed in, swinging their swords and maces and firing off all sorts of spells in all directions. It was complete chaos. Sparks flew, bricks and stones shattered and showered them with dust. Smoke filled the air, metal was heard upon metal, shouts and screams punctured the melee. Limbs went flying, blood sprayed and other bits of bodies, generally unrecognisable, flopped and squelched onto the ancient floor. Their foes outnumbered and dismembered, the party slowed their assault, just as a lone, angry voice could be heard. A female voice. Syra's voice.

"You bloody FOOLS! Idiots! MUPPETS!" She shook her hands at them. "Look what you've done!" Enraged, she was standing in the middle of the room, holding a book and dressed in something unfamiliar. Around her, the remains of two men were strewn all about, dead eyes staring blankly at the group and not even in their original owner's head.

Stamm wiped his blade against a fine drape. "Ungrateful tart! We saved you!" He glowered at her and the rest of the gang joined in his support. "Yeah," said Gothmog, "Without us you'd have been killed... or worse!"

Syra was steaming with fury. (Literally: smoke was coming out of her ears). "You goonish, steaming, pea-brained, war-mongering, loutish, stupid GITS! These poor men who you so carefully dismembered weren't going to kill me!" She waved the book in her hand at them in explanation. "They needed some one to help them rehearse their Christmas play!"

The group looked around. They looked at the little stage in the centre of the room; the painted backgrounds ready and waiting in the corner; the fine drapes ready to be hoisted up as curtains and the rows of seats arranged facing a now very angry Syra. Realisation dawned on Gothmog. "Aaah. Right. RIGHT! I see. Um. Sorry." Everyone else looked at their feet and mumbled various apologies, making sure they didn't catch Syra's eye, who had now put down the book and was looking for something big to throw at them.

Leif clapped his hands brightly. "Since we're here, let's grab their loot and be on our way!" A very heavy mace narrowly avoided his noggin. He turned to Syra. "You're only angry because they must have given you a good part! Come on, let's see what we can grab!"

Do you feel you can ransack the room of two dead amateur dramatists?

Search the room for cool stuff. Turn to 49.
Let the sensitive champions console Syra. Turn to 50.
Leave the scene of carnage before somebody calls the cops. Turn to 51.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Gothmog gathered the party together. "Listen, I know some of you like that silly flower girl, but honestly, she's been a bit of a pain in the butt ever since Leif fell down that pit. She's a whiner. I for one won't miss her. And I don't want to waste energy trying to battle whatever hideous beasts captured her, if she's even still alive. I say we press on without her. If we complete the mission, some one can come back and tell her."

Boris spluttered. "But I'm COLD!" Everyone looked at him and he looked at his feet, embarrased.

"That settles it then. Come on, let's go." said Gothmog, leading them off into the new passage. Turn to 51, but make a note that Syra is no longer in the party.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

"It's a button...." Announced Hawk. "It exists to be pressed."

<CLICK>

Then the party, to the man, multi-backstepped then sidestepped in unison to a timely and well practiced manner.

Image <BOOM>

Went a fireball smacking into the wall in front of them, letting off a wave of heat that enveloped our champions. "Not cold any more, eh Boris?" said Gando.

They returned to the button, and now found an alcove in it's place, with some bread in. It was crammed into a backpack, and they returned to their original options.

To open the door to look for Syra go to 42
Leave her to her luck and investigate the other passage - Go to 43
Mess around arguing for a bit until something else happens - Go to 45
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

The party gradually became accustomed to the light in the room and were puzzled by the scene before them. Syra stood in the centre of the room. Two men dressed in battered armour were standing either side, hands held up in front of their faces. They appeared to be shielding themselves from Syra's gaze, but didn't look very convinced about it.

Daroou spoke first, "Oi you hippy bint, what in Librasulus' name is going on in here?" Syra and the men turned to face the party. As she was about to speak, Leif couldn't keep his warrior's urges under control and tried to rally the team to attack: "They have her surrounded! Come on, let's get 'em!"

If you think Leif should be indulged, turn to 47
To quiet his battle hunger and listen to Syra, turn to 52.
If you think she's gone mad and would rather leave her be, turn to 43.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Sensible heads quietened Leif, giving him a cute stuffed Troilin doll to hold and punch repeatedly while the rest looked around with growing alarm but allowed Syra to say her piece.

"I'm just helping them put up their christmas decorations then help them get ready for the party," explained Syra patiently, rolling her flower child eyes and petulantly flicking her eye-like flowery hair.

"They were just explaining the elven outfit didn't look right for christmas, and I should wear this much more christmas-y black shiny one, then I can get back to putting up the decorations"

The group looked at the suspicious PVC outfit with the whip. Perhaps it was fancy dress?

They group then looked at the christmas decorations.

"Syra," said Boris patiently, "those are manacles"

"It's not what tou think!" said Syra, "they don't want to put me in them!"

"No," said one fo the men shyly, waving a friendly greeting to Mophus while the other flicked a thumbs up to him, "I get to go in the manacles first! Then she can use the whip."

"Wait," said Leyla concerned, "surely that won't hurt in armour?"

"Heh, who said the armour goes all the way around. It's-"

"Right, thanks you," said Halk quickly, "we'll just be going then!"

Go to 51 as quickly as possible, it is up to you if you want the stronger members of the party to drag away Syra or not.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Syra burst out in rage, as the party picked up bits of tinsel, a string of flashing fairy light and a fluffy sheep. She threw the heavy mace right into Leif's face, unbalancing him.

If Leif was in a pit or was left behind, and it was in fact Syra's hallucinogenic ingested mushrooms talking, go to 53
If Leif is present, but lost a foot, hop over to 54
If we have a whole, sane, present Leif, move on with above items in your backpack, and a bloodied nose on said character 51
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

"No, wait!" wails Syra, "this is all madness, madness I tell you! We left you behind! We left you to die!" she wails, "this is a curse, a curse!"

Leif tries to patiently explain it was Syra's own actions with the rope that let Leif climb back out of the pit and quietly slot back into the party, but Syra is inconsolable. Leif tries to show he is flesh and blood by wavign the mace he caught, but she takes it from him and chastises herself by hitting herself in the head a few times, falling unconscious.

"Stupid bint," says Gothmog, indicating for the rest to leave her be and sleep it off.

So there you go, you did have Leif all the time, but now you have lost Syra. Make a note of that, and carry onwards

Go to 51
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Leif didnt have a chance with a stump for his second leg, and the heavy weight of the mace in his face. His nose exploded upon contact with the bludgeoning device, became unbalanced, and put out his stump for support - forgetting he was sans pied.

A fluffy sheep was destroyed by the weight of Leif, the tinsel was wrapped around his neck with all of his flailing for support, and then an unfortunate accident with a stage trap door opening occurred. Leif fell in, with the string of fairy lights wrapped around his only foot. He fell in to the bottom, dragging a christmas tree to which the lights were attached, across the mouth of the trap door. Leif´s head bumped the ground knocking him unconscious, which was unfortunate as there was a hungry ravenous beast in the bottom.

"Bugger!" said Nabi. "Ohhh..." Said Syra, suddenly all apologetic for her actions. "Wait a minute, if we had a cylindrical and oblongish pie, I could jump down and cram it in it's mouth, then we can pull Leif back up.

She then jumped down, not waiting to see if anyone had actually such an item.

Leave Syra to help Leif on her own, go to 43
Help Syra get Leif out of the pit if, and only if, you picked up and didn't consume the famous green, cylindrical and oblongish pie, go to 51
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Chani and Wu Tse both ran to Syra's side. They had ignored the fighting, instead focussing on what exactly in the room they could pilfer when it was all over.

"Oh, Syra, damn those beastly 'friends' of ours! It's clear you made new, proper friends in here." exclaimed Chani as she hugged Syra and subtlely peered over her shoulder at an expensive looking tinsel garland.

"Uh, Yes, Yes, Chani is right." said Wu Tse in an over loud, over-concerned voice, cottoning on to Chani's ruse. "We should all ignore them for some time to come." She too ran and hugged Syra and Chani, taking stock of the lovely shiny box of decorations near the stage.

Stamm and Alex watched with fascination at the triumvirate of ladies in their embrace. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" grinned Stamm, raising his eyebrows. Alex, now disgusted with himself for having butchered two innocent actors, turned away muttering "Sick blond oaf..." under his breath.

Finally, Syra let go of the other girls and pulled herself together. "You are all sick beasts, but seeing as you've ruined my plans to be Queen of the Christmas Play, I shall have to leave this place of death and find a new meaning in my life. If that means rescuing that cock Chaos, so be it." She gathered her things and walked slowly out of the room.

Quickly, the rest of the gang collected the loot they had all been eyeing up: Some expensive tinsel, a box of gold baubles, a can of 3-in-1 easing oil, a rubber duck, 6 packets of Polos and a rather large broad sword.

Now continue your journey at 51.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

An uneasy party made their way on, passing various doors, passageways, pits and gates. Deeper and deeper into the bowels of the earth they descended, fighting foul beasts, claiming treasure and eating piles of handily placed food. Occasionally someone would let out a little gas when they thought no one else was listening.

Eventually, they came to a crossroads. The gloom led off in three directions with not a clue to suggest which way they should go. Zed, who hadn't really done much yet, settled back against a wall for a bit of a rest. There was a soft 'click' as he pushed in a cunningly hidden stone switch and suddenly an alcove appeared in the wall opposite. Upon it lay a scroll.

Iaido noticed and picked up the parchment, unrolling and perusing it. He scratched his head. "WTF?" he mused out loud.

Azizi came up to him and grabbed the scroll. "What's this? Hmm... a riddle! Hey everyone, Iaido found a riddle!" Zed was about to pipe up indignantly but thought better of it and dozed off. The rest of the gang gathered round, all trying to read the puzzle. Finally, Sonja read it out loud:

"Grynix jernum quey ki skebow rednim u os dey wefna enocarn aquantana."

Her gaze was met by (approximately) 22 blank faces. Now what?

Try and decode the puzzle. Turn to 55.
Take the West path. Turn to 56.
Take the North path. Turn to 57.
Take the East Path. Turn to 58.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

HAHAHHAHAAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA!

Some of the finest minds of our generation, nay the world, have been busy curing cancer or some such nonesense, but us poor buggers here have tried for decades to work that one out instead!

If you seriously think you are going to solve it, then you are too insane even for this thread.

And if you already have solved it, then the rampant attacksw you will get from people eager to know and people annoyed you solve it will probably kill you. Especially if it was somehtign really, really obvious.

Wait, I can tell by your look - you know it, don't you! That's wjhy you are so confident! Get 'im lads!

Wahahahahhahahaha-

*Ahem*

Possibly, if you want to avoid this sort of foolishness gentle reader, you may wish to go back to 1 and stop being so foolish yourself. The party is fine, but if you carry on reaing much longer you might not be.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

"Conan the Barbarian always went right" said Halk. So everyone takes the East path, knowing that Conan survived many paperback editions, comics, games and even a film or two.

They entered a large room, where the metal portcullis slammed down behind them.

To their right was a dark, deep pit. Noxious fumes emitted from it's depths.

To their left was a strongly barricaded door.... Hmmm.

At the back of the room was a four wheeled cart, with one of the wheels removed. Some cogs, broken up wood, a turbine blade, rubber tubing and rope were located inside the cart. Next to that was a small cast metal boiler, a large glass bottle with water inside. Next to all of this mess was... A conveniently placed oxy acetylene torch welder(TM).

Daroou pushed to the front, "Let's do an A-Team, foowl!" - 59
Ignore the mess, climb into the pit! - 60
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

"Aha! I have the solution to the scroll!" says Zed.

"Shut your noise you, you're fooling no one but yourself," said Gothmog.

"No, really," said Zed, "it's so obviously. This puzzle will drive you so far roudn the bend you'd end up straight - straight as in North!"

Zed looks as pleased as a cat showing its bird-loving master a particularly mashed up dead albatross, but the group have to conceed the point.

They carry on, and come to a closed portcullus. Before they realise what is happening, they have stepped on a huge pressure pad.

At the side, a fake wall crumbles into dust and a group of Trolins are revealed, snarling and generally trying to act hard, even though by the downy moss on their legs they must be only teenagers.

Luckily, after a short delay the portcullus is apparently also triggered. It starts to open...

If the party still contains all 24 champions whole, then the portcullus opens fully. If the party wish to chance runnign through before the delayed action closes the portcullus again, then they will be able to do so.

If however, you have been less than kind to your party...

If Halk is skeletal, or Leif is missing a leg, you don't have enough weight to raise the portcullus. Not unless Gothmog has a frog in his throat or Stamm has an unwanted beary visitor (your items don't count - it's party member triggered only pad)

And worse yet, if you have left any of the party behind like Leif or Syra, you are truely stuffed. Your only hope if you want to continue is to bribe a trolin or two to come along with you, as obnoxiious as they'll be. You will need to give them somehting shiny or drink-y.

If you can open the portcullus, then go to 61, noting any trolins that are with you
If not, you need to slowly back away and take another path to the jeers of the teenage trolins.
To taek the west path, go to 56
To take the east path, go to 58
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

"The west path... Let me tell you about the west path" recalled Azizi to the scabrous and profulsely sweating stone tablet chisseling reporter.

"The path led down, in a long slow spiral. The contents of your stomach would sink, as the walls drew in, the light dimmed and the stench of rockpile faeces filled your nasal passage."

After pausing for the hastily tapping reporter, she continued. "We passed a deep pit, which gave us little indication of it's depth or an adventurers fate in it's bowels. Stamm thought he heard a whooshing emanating from within, but it was in fact someone reloading from a saved game..."

"We moved down and on, to a slightly steeped room with a cart that had wedges under each of it's four wheels to stop it from rolling away. I noted the dodgy workmanship of the wheels and the pile of skeletal horse bones on the floor still almost attached to the ring on the wall by a rope"

"It was then, as we say in the trade, 'shit happened' and down the end of the corridor a large quantity of grunting, snorting trolin approached out of the shadows."

"The rest of the story, as they say, is history by numbers."

Hastily retreat and jump into the pit - 60
Play Trollin Skittles with the cart by knocking the wedges from out under the wheels, and weapons ready - 62