[Custom dungeon] Dru Tan's StoreHouse [RTC] [THE Materializer]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

I'll give your dungeon a try this weekend.

8)
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

I played around with it yesterday evening and found a minor bug.

When a torch is placed in the torch sconce in Queen Hatchepsut's room it dissapears. I had the exact same problem when I was experimenting with the editor and if I remember correctly, it was caused by an action associated with that sconce not being set up right.

Other then that I haven't found any problems so far. I'll keep looking though and let you know if I find anything else.

So far I like your style, it's very different from the usual DM style, with all those puzzles and traps. A couple of the characters seem a little overpowered though, over in the area just passed the Queen's room, maybe take away some levels and lower their stats slightly.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

I could use a little help.

I'm stuck in that area with all the Ya key doors and I need a key to get past that locked door just past the pit. I've tried looking everywhere I could think of and can't find that key anywhere. I even tried going around with a magic map to try and track down any possible hiden areas where it might be located but nothing.

At this time I'd prefer some sort of hint that might put me on the right track.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

I'm still stuck at that same spot, I could use some help as I just can't, for the life of me, figure out where that all-important key could possibly be.

Anyone? :?:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Maybe mail materialiser through this site?

OR maybe PM trant, though i haven't seen him aroundd this week
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Sorry, I only went through the dungeon once and don't remember many details. Maybe just PM THE Materializer, he certainly can help you better than I can.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Thanks, I'll try that.
THE Materializer
Apprentice

Post by THE Materializer »

Sorry guys, I don't get in here as often as I should.

The locked door in the Ya key area.. there are two iron keys you could use for that door. One's next to the poison dart in the little room with the wasp, and the other is down the pit you close using the poison dart (or whatever else you might use). You could complete the dungeon with one of the two keys but the spare might help you get some nifty stuff later in the game.

Let me know if I got the wrong door (you might have meant the doors just beyond that door, one gold keyhole and one square keyhole).
-+ THE ~ Materializer +-
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

it's the 1st 1 after the pit. I'll take a look in those areas and see if I can find it. thanks.

Also look in 1 of my earlier posts, I found a minor bug, but 1 that's easily fixed, involving a torch sconce not working properly.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Re: Dru Tan's Storehouse - any testers out there? :)

Post by Trantor »

The author hasn't been here for over a year, but since the dungeon is essentially finished, shouldn't this thread be moved to "Custom Dungeons" and the dungeon itself be added to the list of dungeons?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's been on the list of dungeons for quite a while! They are arranged by player not dungeon name, so you can find ones by the same author faster I think.

Will move the thread
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Zalewa_PL
Neophyte

Post by Zalewa_PL »

I just finished it and I must say it was quite enjoyable.
The dungeon uses the elements of DM2 that I like: DM2 textures and mixed themes, music, Vorax axe (hehe) and some of the few better looking DM2 monsters (rhinos, skeletons, monks). Some fights can be hard, especially when you decide to rest in front of a wooden door and a vexirk blasts it open just to let himself and his other Star-Wars-universe-escapees comrades flood your party with powerful spells.
Fighters are quite useless here. It's better to train all of the characters in wizard profession and spam your enemies with fireballs. Weapons just don't deal enough damage. Even Vorax is weak here.
I don't like the mixup of DM1 and DM2 elements. Monsters are OK, because nothing feels as good as crushing a dragon :) , but when you find VI BRO potion from DM1 and then another, different potion with DM2 graphics and animation it's... weird. Also when you throw FUL bomb you clearly see the DM2 explosion while your fireballs create old DM1 booms.

Summary:
It took me 5:30 hours to beat this dungeon, which I can compare only to the length of DM2 and DM1, but it felt long enough and I like to train all of my characters in all 4 professions.
I don't like giving numerical notes so I'll just say that it's good, it's long (as fan-made work of course) and it has atmosphere from DM2 with gameplay from DM1. It's worth a try.
And most likely I don't have to say all these things since everyone here probably already played this, lol
Former alias: RobikZ
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Hi!

I'm currently about to make a list which dungeon works best with which RTC version and also try to backup all dungeon data.

For Dru Tan's Storehouse I'm a bit unsure about the version - the release date would suggest V0.47 and the last encyclopaedia update entry would suggest V0.48.
However, since it can be played with RTC.exe files down to V0.41, that probably means it was created, developed and continued only in V0.41. Can you confirm this?

Would you maybe be willing to provide source files for backup purposes? Of course only you alone will decide whether they shall be released publicly or not.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.