My pen and paper RPG

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Mon Ful Ir
Adept

My pen and paper RPG

Post by Mon Ful Ir »

... and when I say "mine", it's mine in the same sense that RTC belongs to George Gilbert... it's my re-creation of someone else's work that was abandoned.

The "someone else" in this case is the late Mr Gary Gygax.

Still a couple of tweaks I need to make, but this is how it's looking at the moment:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iwng7z1zmm9
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

I'm at a loss here. What would I be downloading?
"Wuuf's big brother"
Mon Ful Ir
Adept

Post by Mon Ful Ir »

A .pdf file. No tricks, it's free and not malware.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

I am taking a look at it mon ful ir..
which reminds me: don't play with fire! your name implies a pyromaniacal disposition!! :) ;)
Lunever
Grand Druid

Re: My pen and paper RPG

Post by Lunever »

When I recently came up with some ideas for a DM-DnD game, Beo made me aware that you already have done so.
So of course I'd welcome feedback from you at http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 63&t=28497
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

If I recall correctly, MonFulIr's work uses 2nd edition as the backbone, instead of 3rd edition
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

On a first glance it even seems to me that he is using AD&D 1st Edition. Still, AD&D 1&2 are very similar, as are D&D 3.0 and 3.5. The huge gap is between 2 and 3, so the Osric game is probably rather ill-suited for a DnD 3.x apporach to DM. Oh, and then there is some strange D&D parody around going by the name 4th edition, but that one is imho evenmore ill-suited.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Any joy with pathfinder? I have the pdf just haven't investigated the changes in depth. Still haven;t wrapped my head around how well they've plugged the skill gap issues yet, aside from redefining class skills as ones you get a +3 bonus to and that's it.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I know of Pathfinder, but did not yet have a closer look at it (but I will). I guess it might be very interesting.
Is the pathfinder pdf freeware?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No, but the pdf alone is only around $10 I think ($20 at worst)

I would have got the hardback for the feel of it, but the shipping cost to the UK was exorbitant. From an initial look through, I'm sure since you've also played with a mongoose d20 adaptation (I've played the Lone Wolf d20 from them) you'll recognise some of the compressions in skills, although they've not done all of them.

Otherwise, they seemed to have done a logical progression for tweaks from the 3.5. Might be a idea to bring in their findings