LucasArts Game "Posters"

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

LucasArts Game "Posters"

Post by Gambit37 »

Trantor
Duke of Banville

Re: LucasArts Game "Posters"

Post by Trantor »

Nice find Gambit. I still consider Monkey Island 1 as the best point-and-click adventure ever, another genre that has sadly died out. :(
Interestingly, ever since Lucasfilm Games was renamed as LucasArts, I didn't like the games as much anymore. Monkey Island 2, Indy 4 and Day of the Tentacle were still ok, but I preferred Indy 3, Maniac Mansion or Zak McKracken. I never got along with Sam & Max, though; The Dig, however, was a very positive surprise and a game I fondly remember.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Weirdly, I've never played any of those classics! I just like the art :-)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

@Trantor: I've got the same experience. MI1 is one of the best games I've ever played. MI2 is great too, but a bit chaotic when doing all the various things on different islands, and the ending is... weird. But I like ALL the games designed by Ron Gilbert.
And don't forget about LOOM, which was absolutely fantastic for me - when I was a child.

@Gambit: It's never late.... :mrgreen:
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Indeed, I played Monkey Island only recently! And am like 4/5ths I guess though Monkey Island 2!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah, the MI games are great (love the insult sword fighting!), and I recently replayed Day of the Tentacle after downloading it - had played it many years before when we borrowed it off a friend of my dad's. I also replayed the first two Simon the Sorcerer games right before DotT but they're not by LucasArts. Still good though, and with the same kind of gameplay.
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Actually, I prefer Simon the Sorceror 2 to any LucasArts game from Monkey Island 2 onwards. Sure, the games are very much a rip-off of the Lucasfilm games, especially Monkey Island, but Simon 2 has everything done right in my mind. Definitely worth checking out, I might replay them myself now thinking about it...